Geesh...every magazine and commercial seems to be filled with Pearl, Pearl, Pearl..different colours etc. I guess this is the phone of choice for the 15-30yr old. I love my full keyboard and yes I did consider the pearl but two letters on each key...AH..no that would not work for me.

Well I was just wondering and if this thread is out there already..my profound apologies..

Peace,

Otto
    12-06-07 08:13 AM
    Simple solution, don't look at every magazine

On a serious note, PEARL is an AWESOME device. Had the White Pearl. It was one of the best device I have ever owned in terms of dressing it up. I tell you, BlackBerry(s) are the new Tech-Barbie or Tech-GI Joe of the millenium
    12-06-07 08:21 AM
    As a 42 yr old pearl owner, I love it. Small size, features, and the suretype keyboard is awesome. After a couple years with a Treo650, I'm glad I made the switch.
    12-06-07 03:29 PM
    I have to agree with Chaz, I have a Pearl, convert from a Treo, and it's a great device. I don't know that I would want to use it solely as a data device as far as entry goes although it is more than capable! No regrets on the shift!
    12-06-07 07:25 PM
    I also am a treo convert (thank you god...)

and I probably would have gotten a curve...but I am with verizon and (you guessed it..no curve..)

However, now that I have it you will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands....

haha

-db
    12-06-07 07:50 PM
    Curve all the way!!! just had to represent!!
    12-06-07 07:54 PM
    bdub-

buhleeve me kid... I would NEVER knock the curve...

but I wont switch carriers for one... I'm just saying...I love my pearl...

I never thought i would adapt to the surtype as fast as I have..but i can knock out messages in almost the same time on a pearl as I can on a 8800...

-db

but if verizon drops the curve I might snatch one someday...
    12-06-07 07:58 PM
    Most of the folks I know that love the Pearl .. love it because of it's size. It is a small thing. I don't find the SureType all the difficult to pick up. It learns your own style very well.

I guess that's what cool about choice. You get to pick the features you like best. I didn't like the small size of the Pearl. Even the Curve felt too small to me. I have no need of a camera on my phone. So, the 8820 met my needs very well. I don't have a problem with it being a bit larger. It's still almost the same size as my old BlackJack.

The world would be a boring place if all we had to eat was Vanilla ice cream. And I do luv my Peaches N Cream.
    12-07-07 07:38 AM
    Love the Pearl. I am a Treo to Q to Pearl 8320 convert, and I have to say that with the features that it has, it is a wonderful device. The suretype was a bit of a challenge at first going from a full keyboard, but it only took a couple of days to get used to. I do wish the keys were a bit less slippery.
    12-07-07 12:47 PM
    I purchased the Pearl because of its size. I needed a pda/phone solution that would easily fit in my pocket. The pearl fits the bill. I wanted a curve but its just to big to be a pocket phone. I'm not really a fan of wearing a phone holster either.
    12-07-07 02:29 PM
    I've had my Pearl for a week now. I'm also on Verizon, so it was Pearl or 8830, but I didn't like the weird keys and found myself typing better on the Pearl in the store. I do wonder about whether I'm missing with the full QWERTY, but so far I really love the Pearl. I wanted a phone/PDA that could view messages/web, and am not planning to compose a lot of messages, so I think it is the best choice (out of Verizon's options). But if they released the Curve it'd be a tough call...
    12-07-07 05:15 PM
    I'm sorry but the curve is the way to go. I stick the curve in my pocket and dont have any problems. I have had the smaller keyboard in the past and will never go back.
    12-07-07 07:02 PM
    Curve curve curve and oh by the way did i mention curve LOL
    12-07-07 07:05 PM
    Simple solution, don't look at every magazine
    That's a good one.
    12-07-07 08:04 PM
    I say the curve is the way to go. Sure the pearl is smaller but not by much! Plus I have tried to type on the pearl on 3 different occasions and I still go back to my curve because of the qwerty keyboard!

Charlie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-07 01:33 AM
    I dont really enjoy using the peal, while playing around in the store. It is so hard to type and so easily to make a typo. My friend had a pearl and she experienced problems with it, during a day when she needed her phone the most.

curve>pearl.
    12-08-07 01:42 AM
    I convinced my best friend to buy the pearl. She loves the size,ease of use, and it was mostly comfortable to her.

I then got the Curve because of QWERTY. I like suretype but QWERTY i can not live without thanks to the Sidekick
    12-08-07 03:37 AM
    I, actually, wanted to go with the Curve. However, the price difference is what kept me from it. I'm happy, with my choice. My main use of a cell phone is email and SMS, and this phone fits the bill along with being very light and small.

Just couldn't justify the extra $100 for the Curve.
    12-09-07 10:23 PM
    The Curve totally ROCKS!!! People!
    12-10-07 08:41 AM
    I'm gonna have to agree with the size of it. The pearl also has done what most smartphones can't, reach to the general user. There aren't many other smartphones that are the same size as the pearl and pack that many features. Being 15, I would love to have the curve, but I have verizon. When the curve comes to verizon I will be picking it up for sure. Back to the pearl though. There is so much fuss because it is a phone the general public would use, not just buisness men

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-07 09:14 AM
    I, actually, wanted to go with the Curve. However, the price difference is what kept me from it. I'm happy, with my choice. My main use of a cell phone is email and SMS, and this phone fits the bill along with being very light and small.

Just couldn't justify the extra $100 for the Curve.
    Well, I have to shovel out the extra 100 bucks. If I'm going to exchange this thing, it's the Curve. It's on it's way.

Apparently, my handset will NOT take the DST patch. It keeps resetting (without a reboot or being connected to anything!) to daylight savings.

Very aggrevating.
    12-10-07 05:52 PM
    I,for one, have a curve but i would not knock those who have a pearl,i envy all the choice they have in colors to get,the pearl has really help rim gain marketshare as the pearl has sold thru the roof,i had a good friend tell me since they(verizon)gotton the pearl,they been selling like hot cakes
    12-10-07 06:03 PM
    Thanks so much for all your replies....much appreciated.

Peace,

Otto
    12-10-07 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD