When I wiped my phone by typing in the wrong password (to test it out) it didn't keep that password or any information on the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 08:17 PM
    Well I know there is in fact ways for hackers to hack into a blackberry. I don't know about with information encrypted but I had an ex gf who apparently knew someone who was able to get my texts from my current phone and from the phone i actually had damaged and sent to asurion....I have yet to figure how this person was able to do it but the stuff she knew I know she had no way of knowing without someone getting access to my texts. So security might be #1 but apparently everything is hackable if there is enough desire and knowledge.
    05-09-10 08:31 PM
    Well I know there is in fact ways for hackers to hack into a blackberry. I don't know about with information encrypted but I had an ex gf who apparently knew someone who was able to get my texts from my current phone and from the phone i actually had damaged and sent to asurion....I have yet to figure how this person was able to do it but the stuff she knew I know she had no way of knowing without someone getting access to my texts. So security might be #1 but apparently everything is hackable if there is enough desire and knowledge.
    Would that someone happen to be tech support for your mobile carrier?
    05-09-10 11:23 PM
    Sounds like one of those "spy" apps were installed onto your phone. I don't know much about them, but I hear they're very expensive, and can relay a lot of information from your phone to another device. It's intended for parents, of course, but people can use it to potentially spy on others.
    05-10-10 12:27 AM
    So what your saying is you cannot put a password on android that will wipe without the internet connection?

Just curious because from all the apps I saw they need to be on and connected to use them to remotely work.

05-10-10 01:01 AM
    Would that someone happen to be tech support for your mobile carrier?
    Exactly. This or some kind of spy app is about the only way that would happen.

05-10-10 07:01 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD