I love blackberry 10 as it lets me discover more about it every time. I learn that the os is an amazing experience there are many functions that android and ios cannot even compare.

Now dont get me wrong. Ive been using bb10 since the z10 releasing(yes, I have the z10). Its an absolutly amazing phone.

As time went by, ive discovered so many amazing functions such as swipe left keyboard to delete. Or even a back button for apps just by swiping left from the blackberry logo.
    Learning so many new functions is absolutely fun and exciting.

One new function I just recently discover,now before anyone criticizes me, im sure a lot of people arent aware of it either, but from the lock screen, you can put your phone into sleep mode without pressing the top lock button. From the lock screen with the time and your fullscreen wall paper, just slide up to the middle, and quickly slide back down(has to be quick, or will not work) and voila! Your phone is locked.(edit: you can just swipe down from the middle without swiping up to it) this works on all versions of blackberry10

I really love bb10 because I always learn something new and exciting, and im sure when 10.2 is released, there is more to discover. I cannot emphasis how much fun it is to discover these new functions and be able to share it with someone, and that would be you the crackberry reader

Tell me what your favourite discovery of bb10 when you first got it, and share your other thoughts down in the underpanties section below (if you know what I mean )
    Last edited by thedustytaco; 09-30-13 at 11:30 PM.
    09-30-13 08:25 PM
    I love blackberry 10 as it lets me discover more about it every time. I learn that the os is an amazing experience there are many functions that android and ios cannot even compare.

Now dont get me wrong. Ive been using bb10 since the z10 releasing(yes, I have the z10). Its an absolutly amazing phone.

As time went by, ive discobered so many amazing functions such as swipe left keyboard to delete. Or even a back button for apps just by swiping left from the blackberry logo.
    Learning so many new functions is absolute fun and exciting.

One new function I just recently discover,now before anyone criticizes me, im sure a lot of people arent aware of it either, but from the lock screen, you can put your phone into sleep mode without pressing the top lock button. From the lock screen with the time and your fullscreen wall paper, just slide up to the middle, and quickly slide back down(has to be quick, or will not work) and voila! Your phone is locked.

I really love bb10 because I always learn something new and exciting, and im sure when 10.2 is released, there is more to discover. I cannot emphasis how much fun it is to discover these new functions and be able to share it with someone, and that would be you the crackberry reader

Tell me what your favourite discovery of bb10 when you first got it, and your other thoughts down in the underpanties section below (if you know what I mean )
    I didn't know that!!!! Thanks for sharing!
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-30-13 08:29 PM
    Are you referring to bedside mode? Where you swipe down from the top on the lock screen?

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.1.0.4633
    booker1953 likes this.
    09-30-13 08:31 PM
    Are you referring to bedside mode? Where you swipe down from the top on the lock screen?

No im referring to the page that you can enter to bedside mode from. Like when you click the lock button (assuming you dont have a password) it should bring you to that page
    09-30-13 08:33 PM
    I didn't know that!!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Wow learn something new every day thanks for the info didn't know either

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-30-13 08:34 PM
    Very nice. Great tip. Works flawlessly

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:35 PM
    Nice find. Thanks.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-30-13 08:36 PM
    No problem for the new tip, but does anyone read the tiny message? Whats your most favorite discovery on bb10 when you first had it? Lolol its okay guys I dont mind lol
    09-30-13 08:37 PM
    If I put my phone in lock mode I can turn the screen off/sleep by swiping down from the middle
    09-30-13 08:37 PM
    Is this a 10.2 thing? I'm still not finding what you're talking about haha maybe I'm just slow

09-30-13 08:39 PM
    Is this a 10.2 thing? I'm still not finding what you're talking about haha maybe I'm just slow

Lol you know the lock screen page? The one with your wallpaper and on the left side a bunch of hub icons? From there, swipe up to the middle, and then swipe back down

This is not a 10.2 thing I have 10.1
    SavvyBB likes this.
    09-30-13 08:40 PM
    Lol you know the lock screen page? The one with your wallpaper and on the left side a bunch of hub icons? From there, swipe up to the middle, and then swipe back down

This is not a 10.2 thing I have 10.1
    I'm finding I can just swipe down from the middle without swiping up first. Running 1761
    09-30-13 08:42 PM
    I'm finding I can just swipe down from the middle without swiping up first. Running 1761
    Ahaha I never realized that thanks for sharing looks like you dont have to swipe up then swipe down
    09-30-13 08:43 PM
    Love learning new things too. My favorite feature so far? Writing notes while on speaker phone on my physical keyboard. I can be on a call for work with my earbuds in and type everything I need to remember about the call. Small things in BB10 make me happy
    SavvyBB likes this.
    09-30-13 08:51 PM
    On a related note I love checking the time by swiping up half way up the screen, looking at the time while still holding down my thumb. Then bringing it back to the bottom bezel to turn off the screen again

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:52 PM
    Not seeing this on .1767 on my Z10, but it does work on my Q5 running .1725. Hope it makes its way back in a future release, it's a neat little trick.
    09-30-13 08:53 PM
    Hmm... I figured this about a week after I got my z10, about 6 months ago didnt think it was that crazy but I dont want to rain on anyones parade
    redsaph likes this.
    09-30-13 08:56 PM
    This is one of my favorite features. When you receive a BBM, text or email, you can touch the BlackBerry logo, slide your thumb up as if you are going to unlock the phone but hold the swipe half way up ( keep your thumb in contact with the screen)

You can see which notifications you received on the left. If you don't wish to look at it right away, just move your thumb back down and the screen turns off again. No buttons required.

To add to the OP's comment about deleting a word by swiping left on the keyboard - you can delete 2 words by swiping with 2 fingers. It also works with 3 fingers for 3 words but you start to run out of room lol.

As a bonus, I discovered this week that you can navigate to the hub using the small icons at the bottom of the icon screen. Press and hold, then slide your finger over.

BB10 is a very creative and clever OS. I find my Nexus 7 lacking in that department. What it lacks in neat features it makes up for in Flipboard lol

Posted via CB10
    hkkelvinlee likes this.
    09-30-13 09:02 PM
    Clicking both volume buttons at the same time takes a screen shot. I was very happy to know this early on. Helps quite a bit when you want a pic or or icon quickly.

Posted via Amiga Z10
    09-30-13 09:55 PM
    No problem for the new tip, but does anyone read the tiny message? Whats your most favorite discovery on bb10 when you first had it? Lolol its okay guys I dont mind lol
    Great tip.

My favorite discovery... the 1 finger, 2 finger and 3 finger back swipe to erase 1/2/3 words in a text box was pretty cool.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-30-13 10:25 PM
    On a related note I love checking the time by swiping up half way up the screen, looking at the time while still holding down my thumb. Then bringing it back to the bottom bezel to turn off the screen again

Posted via CB10
    By the way for those with a Q10 (and i assume Q5), to look at the time or lock screen without having to swipe and keep you thumb on the screen, u can click once on any number key (while the phone is locked)

Also, Q10/Q5 owners can take a photo by pressing on the space bar instead of touching the screen

Cheers,
    SavvyBB likes this.
    09-30-13 10:34 PM
    Did you know you can two finger swipe up to access the keyboard on the Z10 or swipe down from any key to access the numbers and symbols?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 10:50 PM
    Yeah. In lock mode there is a pull tab you can swipe down, like closing a window shade. It puts the phone in sleep mode. Its pretty convenient!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 11:00 PM
    OP, I LOVE that function. I find it so fun, especially if I want to see my wallpaper without my icons there or if I have a few notifications and I want to see them all again.

A new feature I discovered was Bedside Mode itself. I'd never used it on my 9780 before, so now when I sleep, I can switch it to Bedside Mode and I won't get any sounds waking me up. I love swiping down and getting it from the lock screen - it's so handy and amazing. And also, I wouldn't really know where to search for it on my 9780 (Settings or Clock? lol).
    09-30-13 11:05 PM
    I do miss the ability to fully power off my my phone, and have it turn back on when the alarm goes off. Awesome battery saving feature. It needs to be brought back!

Posted via CB10
    GSM-S likes this.
    09-30-13 11:15 PM
49 12