I've been trying to do the nuked blackberry lecture. Because my phone is acting like a nuked blackberry even though I did get it wet. It constitantly reboots its self..So I tried doing the lecture but when I get to step 2 it says that my blackberry desktop software does not have Blackberry desktop software for the device that you have connected, and before this I got all the way of updating my phone and it went into utilizing.. Then my phone came back on doing the same reboot crap, did I do something wrong possible?
    05-19-08 05:37 PM
    I've been trying to do the nuked blackberry lecture. Because my phone is acting like a nuked blackberry even though I did get it wet. It constitantly reboots its self..So I tried doing the lecture but when I get to step 2 it says that my blackberry desktop software does not have Blackberry desktop software for the device that you have connected, and before this I got all the way of updating my phone and it went into utilizing.. Then my phone came back on doing the same reboot crap, did I do something wrong possible?
    If you got it wet, you got it wet. That's the cause of your problems, not because you have OS issues. Get it replaced.

Look at it this way, if you shot yourself in the leg, would you think that the hole is there because of a birth defect or because you obviously just shot yourself in the leg?
    05-19-08 05:45 PM
    I understand that, I was just reading about some of the probles when people get a phone wet and I came across a nuked bb and my phone is doing the same thing, thats all. Just hopeing for the best.
    05-19-08 05:47 PM
    Have you let it completely dry out , with the battery removed for 3-5 days??
    05-19-08 05:48 PM
    allow me to reiterate my reply to your last post... your phone is toast dude. ya gots ta get a new one. sorry!
    05-19-08 05:49 PM
    Yes, water damage is probably the reason why.

I would go on ebay/craigslist and see what options you got. Maybe your close to an upgrade and can get it through your carrier.

Also, verify how much warranty would charge if the phone has water damage. Might be less than getting a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD