Its confirmed. I washed my car today with my jacket and 8800 on the front seat. Apparently my sunroof wont keep the high presure water out and my BB formed a crater that caught about a pint of water and submerged the battery and contacts. After drying it out most of the keyfunctions came back long enough to perform a sync and complete backup. But after waiting an hour or so for better dry time it wont power up at all. Btw an Otterbox is a great defense but its not waterproof.

Well Im glad I have the insurance now so its only a $110 deductable vs 250-350 for a new one. But now I have to revert back to a Sidekick 2 untill tues. Trust me its not the same I am going thru withdraws as we speak.

Oh well.
    Last edited by Jeh; 02-08-08 at 11:50 PM.
    02-08-08 11:48 PM
    That sucks! I'd like to say something funny to make you feel better but I've got nothing.

So sorry for your loss and I hope you get a replacement soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 11:58 PM
    good thing you have insurance, thumbs up! for those who didn't insure their BBs you can try to go to this link
    02-09-08 12:47 AM
    It's obvious you made a good choice in your phone (BB) but I've doubts in your choice when it comes to sunroof. LOL :-)

02-09-08 12:19 PM
    At least you are getting a replacement n had enough time to back up.

02-09-08 01:04 PM
    Is it possible you may have had a claim under your auto insurance policy? The deductible under comprehensive coverage may be less than the $110-mine is $50.00.
    Last edited by darek; 02-09-08 at 01:46 PM.
    02-09-08 01:41 PM
    Is it possible you may have had a claim under your auto insurance policy? The deductible under comprehensive coverage may be less than the $110-mine is $50.00.
    NO because the BB is not part of the car. It could be filed under a renters or homeowners policy but deductibles are usually higher than replacing the BB.
    02-09-08 01:50 PM
    RIP to your Berry. Thank goodness for insurance.

02-09-08 01:58 PM
    You should have dried it for days not 1 hour...it might have been ok after it was good and dry. Drying it with the battery taken out.

02-09-08 04:59 PM
    Yet another good reason for me to continue procrastingating on washing my car, lol. Seriously, I'm sorry to hear about your BB, I hope Tuesday comes quickly enough for you!
    02-09-08 06:06 PM
    My insurance excess is 30 ($60). I guess the UKs cheaper, huh?

Well I'm sorry for your loss. There's plenty more fish in the sea. Oh ****, 'sea' isn't the best word ummm...

02-09-08 06:22 PM
    Btw an Otterbox is a great defense but its not waterproof.
    Yea, they say that on their website! lol

Click
    02-09-08 06:23 PM
    in the event of a water landing...you can use your seat cushion as a flotation device...

-db

sorry dude
    02-09-08 06:24 PM
    Haha DB!

Sorry for your loss dude. Its always sad to here about a BB dying. As someone said, it is good that you at least got a backup in before it went for good.

02-09-08 06:32 PM
    Too bad you didn't wait a couple more weeks so you could get a new 8820 from T-Mobile! Sorry to hear about your loss.
    02-09-08 07:27 PM
    Omg! Story of my life! This happend to me last month! No joke from the washing the car to using my old sidekick 2!!! So I know how you feel it sucks hardcore!!I hope you phone isn't comin in with DHL cause they will lose your package!

02-09-08 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD