The Playtoy is on life support and people still try to defend it. Laughable at best.
    10-26-11 08:05 AM
    The Playtoy is on life support and people still try to defend it. Laughable at best.
    You asked a question and I answered. You seem angry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 08:08 AM
    I'd tell them to use their browser for email just like they do on their laptop. I don't know anyone that uses netflix anymore.

Netflix lost 800,000 customers and I was one of them. They still have something like 23 million left. That's a lot more than the number of Playbook users.

As for using a browser to access email on a laptop (or desktop), its not something I would do, nor would I suggest someone else did. Why should anyone have to use a web based interface for something as basic as reading their mail. Even on a desktop, web email is generally rather clunky (and vunerable to hacking). On a mobile device its barely useable and won't work at all when you are not connected to the internet. Also, why shouldn't I have push email with notifications? BB phones can do that, why did they release a tablet that does not?
    10-26-11 08:48 AM
    Oh and as far as webmail on the PB wide spread complaints of cpanel errors for folks....
    10-26-11 08:50 AM
    Netflix lost 800,000 customers and I was one of them. They still have something like 23 million left. That's a lot more than the number of Playbook users.

As for using a browser to access email on a laptop (or desktop), its not something I would do, nor would I suggest someone else did. Why should anyone have to use a web based interface for something as basic as reading their mail. Even on a desktop, web email is generally rather clunky (and vunerable to hacking). On a mobile device its barely useable and won't work at all when you are not connected to the internet. Also, why shouldn't I have push email with notifications? BB phones can do that, why did they release a tablet that does not?
    I wasn't refering to netflix recent bad news. Most people I know use the network or cable websites, hulu or amazon prime. I just don't know anyone who still pays for netflix. I answered a question in regard to the email. I use web mail personally. I wasn't saying they shouldn't have an email client. I simply stated I would tell somebody who asked to use the web for that. It works fine for me.

10-26-11 08:55 AM
    I would not stake my reputation on anything Blackberry.
    10-26-11 12:52 PM
    I'm sorry. I'm not going to bash. Just being realistic. I mean if I give a Blackberry to a 4 year old or a 70 year old they would take a full day to find how to open a BBM chat and text to them. I give an "I" device, the person gets the hang of it pretty quick. See, I find that the touch thing is natural for us, humans. Its like if your touching something. Its fluid and fast

10-26-11 01:00 PM
    I would not stake my reputation on anything Blackberry.
    I would and have recommend a BB handset to someone who wanted an email device with a keyboard.
    10-26-11 02:15 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD