Most developers make apps for Android and IOS but not for Blackberry because of small Marketshare.
    Blackberry released BBM for IOS and Android and not for Windows phone because of the same reason.

Isn't that interesting.
    11-12-13 02:56 PM
    Most developers make apps for Android and IOS but not for Blackberry because of small Marketshare.
    Blackberry released BBM for IOS and Android and not for Windows phone because of the same reason.

Isn't that interesting.
    No, it wasn't released on WP because Microsoft wouldn't allow the BB10 UI look on the WP8 Modern aka Metro UI
    11-12-13 02:59 PM
    No, it wasn't released on WP because Microsoft wouldn't allow the BB10 UI look on the WP8 Modern aka Metro UI
    source? I've seen many WP apps that don't abide by the design guidelines. They don't look pretty but they are available on the marketplace.
    11-12-13 03:02 PM
    No, not really. Like developers, BlackBerry went where the biggest audience is. Developers know that is iOS and Android. BlackBerry does too.
    11-12-13 03:03 PM
    No, not really. Like developers, BlackBerry went where the biggest audience is. Developers know that is iOS and Android. BlackBerry does too.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. And that's why BB is struggling because developers care about marketshare and so does Blackberry.
    11-12-13 03:04 PM
    Internal sources. And yes there are some that don't. But they aren't a blatant rip of a competitors UI either. To be honest I'm surprised Apple allowed that on iOS. Android doesn't give two ****s which is what's nice lol.

Anyways WP8 should see BBM around the time WP8.1 drops is what I've been told

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    11-12-13 03:04 PM
    source? I've seen many WP apps that don't abide by the design guidelines. They don't look pretty but they are available on the marketplace.
    Microsoft has very strict rules that an app MUST follow the metro design. e.g Vine and Twitter while they don't have the fonts they still follow it cause it's a 2D UI and has swiping left and right capabilities. While BBM doesn't. which forces BB to follow those rules because their app gets certified and reviewed before it comes into the store
    11-12-13 03:06 PM

Anyways WP8 should see BBM around the time WP8.1 drops is what I've been told
    How did they resolve the look and feel issue for 8.1?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-12-13 03:07 PM
    How did they resolve the look and feel issue for 8.1?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Imagine the tabs for BBM uptop and you can swipe left and right between Convos/Contacts/Groups

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    11-12-13 03:08 PM
    A developer can go to a large market with tons of competition or go to a small market with few competition to make their money.
    Stats from a few years ago showed that the average BB developer makes more money than the average apple or android developer.
    Having said that. Large corporations chooses which platform they want to support for other business strategic reasons besides market share and app sales.
    11-12-13 05:16 PM