CRAP!

Tried to clean it. Followed directions. Guess I wasn't as gentle as I needed to be. Now the ring won't stay in. It seems the little tab lock dealies on the ring (the tiny little teeth that hold the sucker in) break off really easily.

Just ordered a replacement. But my day is now officially ruined.

Shed a tear for me if you wish.
    08-12-08 11:10 AM
    I feel your pain and know exactly what you're talking about. CNN.cn has replacements, I didn't realize how important my berry had become to not only me, but my job, until the ring and ball dropped out on me during a meeting. I used duct tape and a couple drops of super glue until the replacement showed.
    BTW the ring and ball are NOT the same on dummy berries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 11:18 AM
    I'll definitely shed a tear for you. I cleaned my trackball on my Curve and the silver ring popped out very easily with little effort. My friend, who is a Pearl user, asked me to to hers... and I was scared I was going to break the little teeth off, I had a lot of difficulty taking it off.

I feel your pain.. it will be okay
    08-12-08 11:18 AM
    That is no good fella... No good!

The small tabs which hold the ring in place are definitely very delicate, and it's probably best that people know and realize that before cleaning. But, at least it's a small and inexpensive part, so fear not. Just don't do it again.
    08-12-08 11:20 AM
    Check out BBEnriched for parts!! They are a nice place to look...

Use promo code "B3rryPart$" for a discount
    08-12-08 11:21 AM
    lol that ring only goes in one way too you have to be extra careful, that s*cks hopefully it shows up in like a day lol.
    08-12-08 11:23 AM
    lol that ring only goes in one way too you have to be extra careful
    yes yes yes!!
    i ordered a replacement for my berry because my trackball wasnt working. i used tweezers and a bright light to put my new track ball and ring in. i also laid on the floor while i did it so that if i dropped something it was a short fall and i could easily find it.

good luck!! hopefully you get the replacement parts fast!!
    08-12-08 11:26 AM
    There is a limited selection for 8330 parts right now, since it is a fairly new device... but they do have the trackball you need!!

It is at this link : BlackBerry 81xx 83xx 88xx OEM Trackball [BlackBerry-TrackBall-OEM] : BBEnriched, Enriching your Blackberry
    08-13-08 10:21 PM
    thanks . . . I realized it a few minutes after searching and found it. .. .but thanks again for the quick response.
    08-13-08 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD