Every time I used to travel back home (Montreal to Lebanon, 17 hours) I'd have to keep my laptop on my backpack to stay connected while at Heathrow since I have plenty of time to spare!

This morning I just realized I don't have to do that again! I can pack that bulky laptop in my traveling bag and depend on my lovely Blackberry Bold to be my company!

Isn't that awesome?

Lol, as stupid as it may sound, I just discovered that!
    04-09-09 10:18 AM
    Isn't it great when you finally realize just how wonderful your Blackberry is!!!
    04-09-09 10:20 AM
    It is awesome, isn't it? I don't need to take my laptop with me anymore to keep me company on breaks at school. I have my 8900 to keep me company, and if I absolutely need a computer I can surrender to the use of the computer lab computers for a few minutes. It is one of the things I absolutely love about having a BlackBerry!
    04-09-09 10:20 AM
    I've never loved a device as much as I've loved this one.

You know, I thought it would be just another "yay" device for the first month or so... but it's literally my life. It's the first thing I look at in the morning and the last at night.

I'm totally in love!
    04-09-09 10:21 AM
    Dang... I thought you had this type of A-Ha, moment. That'd be rad...

04-09-09 10:41 AM
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle... But you can't win much, either." ~ Mike McD. Rounders
    Nice sig -- I love that movie.

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake man. They are the f*ckin' rake."

^my favorite .

-Cow
    04-09-09 10:58 AM
    Every time I used to travel back home (Montreal to Lebanon, 17 hours) I'd have to keep my laptop on my backpack to stay connected while at Heathrow since I have plenty of time to spare!

This morning I just realized I don't have to do that again! I can pack that bulky laptop in my traveling bag and depend on my lovely Blackberry Bold to be my company!

Isn't that awesome?

yeah, but u dont want to put it in a non-carry on!
    04-09-09 11:01 AM
    My Mom's from Lebanon!
    And I agree with chelsey. I always bring my laptop in my carry on, even if I don't plan on using it.
    04-09-09 11:18 AM
    Why not? It's not safe?
    04-09-09 11:56 AM
    Oh.. that reminds me of a story.. when i was working in SF my entire dept travelled to NY for business.. on the way back a co-worker decides to check his laptop.. i laughed and told him.. if you expect that to come out on the other side, you're crazy.

Sure enough.. he never saw it again.
    04-09-09 12:19 PM
    Why not? It's not safe?
    no... someone will pick it up faster then they drop a hot potato... see the post above!
    04-09-09 12:42 PM

I had that kind of A-Ha moment last night when I loaded my "80's One-Hit Wonders" playlist on my 8900.
    04-09-09 12:49 PM

LMAO. That's exactly what I was thinking.

I can relate though, never ever knew the capabilities of a blackberry, until I got one. Now, I can't live without it.
    Last edited by AshlynLovesHerBB; 04-09-09 at 01:05 PM.
    04-09-09 12:57 PM
    Lol! I've had that moment myself. It's like, why do I need a laptop anymore when I've got this awesome phone... Then, I remember, you can't play games on it (the big ones... mmorpg mostly).
    04-09-09 01:00 PM
    Hello I am with Rogers in Montreal. I have a Blackberry Bold. I would like to use it in Lebanon to send and receive emails mostly.

Rogers is telling me
    that I cannot remove voice mail from my bb as I will lose this service (it includes call display, voice mail etc.) - I dont want to be charge for incoming calls
    that there is no data service for my bb in Lebanon that there is no GPRS

What to do?

Should I get someone to unlock my bb and if so would i be able to use my bb to send and receive emails when in Lebanon?

If I am able with a new sim card and an unlock bb, how would I send emails perhaps from an hotmail account ?

Any help would be appreciated as I am not too familiar with all of this.

Paul

Isn't that awesome?

05-13-09 08:30 AM
    I am reading this forum and it appears that I will have to get my phone unblock in order to be able to use it in Lebanon

So
    I am assuming that the Sim card is the card inside (in the back) of my Blackberry Bold ?

Where will I go to buy a Sim card to use in Lebanon?
    How much will it cost me for a sim card in Lebanon?
    Do I have to wait to buy the Sim card in Lebanon?
    Will I be able to send and received emails from Canada?

I would have liked to have access when I get to Beirut Aiport

So many things I dont have a clue but trying to learn

Thanks guys.

Paul
    05-13-09 08:54 AM
    PM sent.
    05-13-09 09:43 AM
    The BlackBerry saved me from having to buy a laptop. The moment I started using a Curve, bang, a whole new world opened up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 10:20 AM
    Takes time for people the realize somtimes.
    05-13-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";