is there any way to use this port as a speakerphone for my blackberry so I can hear the person I am speaking to over the cars sound system? Thank you in advance for any help.
    08-06-09 12:11 PM
    It will work that way, but unless you have a mic built in to the aux cable you will not be able to speak to them. Get an adapter for that and have it in a location where you can easily speak/shout into it.
    08-06-09 12:19 PM
    I have an 06, and I use the port for music. It might work with your situation too. All you need to do is buy is a cord with a 3.5mm headphone jack on each end. One end goes into the BB, the other into the AUX port. Press the AUX button on the dash and you should be good to go. Great for listening to Pandora in the car.

Edit: cenloe's right, the cord I was talking about won't work the way you asked. but the above should be helpful anyways if you want to listen to music. The cord's like 5 dollars.
    Last edited by dannysk89; 08-06-09 at 12:23 PM.
    08-06-09 12:21 PM
    in my friend acura i had my bb hooked up that way and someone called and i answered and talked to them no problem.
    08-06-09 12:23 PM
    You need to have a mic built in to whatever chord you use. Anything plugged into the 3.5mm jack takes over and disables the mic on the device. Plug in some headphones to your BB and then try to make a call, the call will go through and you will be able to hear the person on the other end but they will not be able to hear you because there is no mic for your voice.
    With that said, its an easy fix. There are plenty of adapters sold (fairly cheap) that will have a mic built in. I still have one that I bought a few years back for my eNV (sp?) that I still use today.
    08-06-09 12:31 PM
    The cord I have has a 3.5mm on each end but the sound doesn't come out the speakers. Do I have to change a setting on the BB itself? Is there a setting to use headphones instead of the standard mic/speaker?
    08-06-09 12:46 PM
    Do you have "Aux" selected on your vehicles sound system? You shouldnt need to do anything to your BB. Make sure both connections are plugged all the way in.
    08-06-09 12:56 PM
    the sound doesn't come over the speakers when using the BB. Weird, right? That's why I thought there might be something I have to change on the BB.
    08-06-09 01:04 PM
    if you are doing it through aux or the tape player thingy you have to go into your media player and choose the song.
    on calls it worked fine for me.
    08-06-09 01:15 PM
    yeah it's weird. the ipod works perfectly. the sound doesn't come over the speakers with the phone tho. I did see in other posts that some 3.5mm cords work and others don't. maybe that's the issue.
    08-06-09 01:22 PM
    Yeah, that is weird. BB as an iPod works great for me in my vehicle. The newer BB's have excellent sound quality.

What thinkamp said is correct, you will not be able to control your BB from your stereo, only through the BB. Some head units allow for iPod integration and im not sure if that works for BB's, but I doubt it.
    08-06-09 01:25 PM
    yeah it's weird. the ipod works perfectly. the sound doesn't come over the speakers with the phone tho. I did see in other posts that some 3.5mm cords work and others don't. maybe that's the issue.
    That was my next guess.
    08-06-09 01:27 PM
    Ok maybe i'll but a 3.5mm with a mic and see if it works.. thank you all for you input.
    08-06-09 01:38 PM
    it won't work i had my blackberry curve 8330 connected to my stero and somebody called and i forgot and answered no sound came through but music was playing through it just fine before.. just get a bluetooth..

or use speakerphone.
    08-06-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD