I guess the new galaxy s2 is supposed to have a dual core processor, 8mp camera, NFC, at 9mm thick. Why can't bb do the same????? Sure wish I could have all that in a BB. Imagine...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sparkeater79; 01-20-11 at 07:55 AM.
    01-20-11 07:39 AM
    Here is the actual post.

Further details on Samsung's incoming replacement to the Galaxy S, the colloquially named Samsung Galaxy S2, continue to emerge ahead of the smartphone's expected launch at MWC 2011 next month. According to Korean site NocutNews, the Galaxy S2 - internally codenamed "Seine" - will use Samsung's dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 "Orion" processor and run Android 2.3 Gingerbread with 1GB of RAM.

01-20-11 07:44 AM
    That question has already been asked and answered several times over the last few weeks. Do we really need to go through it again?
    01-20-11 07:45 AM
    I guess the new galaxy s2 is supposed to have a dual core processor, 8mp camera, NFC, at 9mm thick. Why can't bb do the same????? Sure wish I could have all that in a BB. Imagine...

You will be able to get "all that in a BB"..probably around 12-18 months from now..maybe.
    01-20-11 08:10 AM
    This is all so boring.. Go and buy a galaxy.. Yes.. It is THAT simple..
    01-20-11 08:33 AM
    Well thanks for the "informative reply"....... That's the point, I would like all that in a BB. I don't want android. Don't want samsung. Just wondering why BB can't do this now.

Last edited by sparkeater79; 01-20-11 at 08:52 AM.
    01-20-11 08:48 AM
    It's not that RIM can't they wont. RIM announced earlier that dual core processors are not in there intrest right now becuase of concerns on poor battery life. They also stated that LTE is not in there intrest right now because the size of the LTE components would not allow them to keep the small form factor they have today. I don't think we will ever see a 4.3" BB screen. Again, this has all been stated many times in other posts similar to yours.
    01-20-11 09:02 AM
    It's not that RIM can't they wont. RIM announced earlier that dual core processors are not in there intrest right now becuase of concerns on poor battery life. They also stated that LTE is not in there intrest right now because the size of the LTE components would not allow them to keep the small form factor they have today. I don't think we will ever see a 4.3" BB screen. Again, this has all been stated many times in other posts similar to yours.
    We appreciate your helpful reply, but the OP was not in any of the previous conversations about this device. You were, you have the knowlage to share.

Kevin has asked us too keep CrackBerry a friendly and helpful forum. We have worked to discourage disparaging comments about searching first. We want questions asked so everybody can contribute to the learning process.

CrackBerry is not an organized knowledge database, it is Web 2.0 at it's best. Near real time reply, information sharing and discussion.
    01-20-11 12:19 PM
    OMAP™ 4 Platform - OMAP4430/OMAP4440

Research in Motion has a worthy competitor warming up in the bull pen.

IVA 3 hardware accelerators enable full HD 1080p, multi-standard video encode/decode
    Faster, higher-quality image and video capture with digital SLR-like imaging up to 20 megapixels
    Dual-core ARM� Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ with Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
    Integrated POWERVR™ SGX540 graphics accelerator drives 3D gaming and 3D user interfaces
    Highly optimized mobile applications platform
    OMAP4430 operates at up to 1 GHz
    OMAP4440 operates at up to 1.5 GHz
    lssanjose likes this.
    01-20-11 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the info. Now that's more like it. I am not gonna jump ship, I like my berry. This thing has been dropped kicked stepped on,but Just like anyone else I'd like more power. The only problems I've had were software issues.

01-20-11 01:25 PM
    The one thing that always drives me crazy about specs is the MP of the camera. I understand people wanting more processor and RAM and stuff (which seems a bit excessive too) but when it comes to camera, it's not all about MP.

The quality of the lens that takes the picture has a far greater impact on the quality of the picture. So if you shove 8MP into the same lense that you used to take 3 and 5MP pictures, the picture will only be bigger and thus increasing file size. That won't make it look any better.

So I vote instead of increasing MP we increase lens quality, like they've done with the N8.
    01-20-11 02:25 PM
    Agreed...How about a Berry with a nice Carl Zeiss lens or something like that.....
    01-20-11 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD