Hi all,

I just installed a Bold theme that I downloaded from the forums onto my verizon 8330 curve and after i finished, my phone rebooted, and i had the hour glass screen for a few minutes. it had me worried. Is that normal?
    12-18-08 09:14 PM
    some themes require a reset. Is your phone good now?
    12-18-08 09:20 PM
    I dont believe my BB ever rebooted after downloading a theme but yes after a reboot it is possible to get some hour glass for a few minutes. If the theme gives you issues, just delete it.
    12-18-08 09:20 PM
    some themes require a reset. Is your phone good now?
    The phone seems pretty good now. It just took me by surprise.
    12-18-08 09:31 PM
    I dont believe my BB ever rebooted after downloading a theme but yes after a reboot it is possible to get some hour glass for a few minutes. If the theme gives you issues, just delete it.
    Thanks garz, you're always a lot of help!
    12-18-08 09:32 PM
    The phone seems pretty good now. It just took me by surprise.
    I've had to reboot after installing. Never had a theme take it upon itself to do it. As long as the phone is good, but like Garz says, if you notice probs delete it.
    12-18-08 09:36 PM
    Basically, what I did was found the theme in the forums, downloaded the .alx file to my desktop. After that I opened up DM and added the .alx file to the DM and then added it to the BB through DM. After that finished, the reboot occured.
    12-18-08 09:45 PM
    Did I read correctly that you installed a Bold theme on a Curve? Could that cause problems?
    12-19-08 07:59 AM
    he meant a bold STYLED them on a curve
    12-19-08 08:34 AM

12-19-08 08:40 AM
    correct, giantfan30!
    12-19-08 10:28 AM
    Yes it is normal to install a new theme
    12-19-08 12:32 PM
    Basically, what I did was found the theme in the forums, downloaded the .alx file to my desktop. After that I opened up DM and added the .alx file to the DM and then added it to the BB through DM. After that finished, the reboot occured.
    That will always cause the phone to reboot, and yes, it takes a few minutes for it to come back on. The hourglass is common to see.
    12-19-08 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD