Remembering "the good old CrackBerry days", I have the impression that the amount of content and in depth editorials have become less over the years (on the HP, not the forum).

The reviews are always excellent and pretty thorough, but since BlackBerry doesn't release a lot of phones currently, there's not that much to review.

Now, I hope that I do not sound depressing, but since realising that, I wondered about one thing:

Isn't it boring for the Editor in Chief, if BlackBerry's activity sadly doesn't allow to report on a lot?
    Or is the job at CB so awesome that boredom simply does not exist?
    05-05-15 05:51 PM
    Isn't it boring for the Editor in Chief, if BlackBerry's activity sadly doesn't allow to report on a lot?
    Not really boring.. though rather frustrating if anything. I could ramble on in a bunch of editorials, but it's all stuff people have heard before, read before, don't care about, will call stupid and say 'WTF ARE YOU WRITING ABOUT THIS, WE KNOW THIS!!' or add in whatever other insult you wish lol. Even this.. this conversation right here is one that has been reiterated a few times now, though asked in different forms.

I've been saying for a while now things in the BlackBerry space are going to get quiet and that's going to continue until something REALLY big pops for BlackBerry and while some have caught that message, others have not and expect there to be a metric ton of news posted. It's not happening.. and it's not going to for a while yet.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post11585306
    http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai.../#post11543373
    http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne.../#post11501930
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-05-15 07:04 PM
    But a question Blaze. Why doesn't Blackberry advertise, and are they dying and will they make it past this and will they release a high end touch screen device?

Just kidding.
    05-05-15 07:31 PM
    But a question Blaze. Why doesn't Blackberry advertise, and are they dying and will they make it past this and will they release a high end touch screen device?

Just kidding.

I have a stupid question...-1861-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 07:37 PM
    I would like to see some opinion pieces. I value Bla1ze's opinions.
    05-06-15 12:12 AM
    I would like to see some opinion pieces. I value Bla1ze's opinions.
    I recommend the berryflow podcasts. Looootttttsssss of opinions and viewpoints discussed.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 12:14 AM
    I recommend the berryflow podcasts. Looootttttsssss of opinions and viewpoints discussed.
    True dat. Not really interested in podcasts though. I'd rather see it in print.
    05-06-15 12:19 AM
    I disagree with you bla1ze. I know a lot of us would love for opinion pieces from you. Your perspectives on upstream is always interesting

Posted via BBM Premium
    donemt likes this.
    05-06-15 01:34 AM
    It's not a rant, but why don't you of CB (Bla1ze, James,Dj,Alicia..) make your own podcasts anymore? The guys at Berryflow demonstrated it is possible even if it seems there is not so much to talk about

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:43 AM
    This isn't a stupid question, it's more of a genuine concern and one of the reasons why BlackBerry is not talked about much in the the smart phone world as they once were. There is not a lot of relevant information coming from their camp these days other than the typical "we have something brewing" or "stay tuned for more details" on such and such. There is no anticipation anymore for what is next from BlackBerry. What I mean by this, is that everyone knows there is going to be iOS9, a new Android labelled OS, and now Windows 10. Well, what about BlackBerry? Is that it after BB10? It is a great operating system, but is there a BB11 in the works, or is it going be nothing but tweaks and leaks to 10 from here on out?

If you take a look at all four Mobile Nations sites the most active one in terms of constant reviews and updates would be Android Central and that is only because of how often new handsets are released. In the last two months there is the HTC M9, Galaxy S6, and now upcoming LG G4 for examples.
    05-06-15 10:27 AM

Just kidding.
    Lol

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    05-06-15 11:18 AM
    It's not a rant, but why don't you of CB (Bla1ze, James,Dj,Alicia..) make your own podcasts anymore? The guys at Berryflow demonstrated it is possible even if it seems there is not so much to talk about

Posted via CB10
    Timing is never right... aside from living in many different time zones, everyone else has real jobs they attend and school. Sure, it could be managed but wouldn't be ideal nor consistent and I'm not really down for starting something that's not consistent.. with BerryFlow and me being on there, it has thus far been consistent because we're all relatively in the same time zones and can arrange it accordingly.
    smart548 likes this.
    05-07-15 05:33 AM
    I have to say CrackBerry is still my number one source for BlackBerry related content and the community here is just great. It's fun to interact with other BlackBerry fans since they have become quite rare in the real world.

Of course I am always up for some great reads besides the usual press releases but I understand that you have to be able to find something worth writing about and that's not always easy.

The next thing I'm looking forward to is an unboxing and hands-on with the white BlackBerry Classic!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 06:07 AM
    Coming from someone who has been a BlackBerry user for many years I must say that when Crackberry was first viewed by myself with the crazy and zany Kevin giving imformative and entertaining updates about BlackBerry I became glued to it. Crackberry became a place that we could come to to ask any question, watch crazy yet entertaining podcasts and get to meet a wide variety of BlackBerry users. I can still remember watching an early video of Kevin jumping up and down (I forget which model it was) and my very stoic boss leaning over my desk really laughing with tears in his eyes at Kevin's antics. (it made him try and use a BlackBerry).
    Excuse my long rant but I miss those days and the fun that we had learning about our new toys with an almost child like amazement where no question was ever too simple to ask and no inquiry was put down as such.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 06:35 AM