I will admit, I was one of those early iPhone adopters. The crack was good and I liked it. However, lately I went to a client where my company's e-mail was blocked and I had to actually rely on the iPhone touch screen keyboard and that was a battle that I lost. Between trying to type my message, having the iPhone email client crash when sending a message and my messages getting deleted (yes, the iPhone deleted messages on its own), I needed to make a change.

After falling in love with my wife's Curve, I decided to pull the trigger and get one. After several attempts of going to ATT stores in my area, i was given the disappointing news that I was not eligible for an upgrade and would have to pay full price. I did some research on this as well as other mobile phone forums and called their cancellation department to ask how I go about porting my number to another carrier (I know it has to initiate by the other carrier, but I wanted to get their attention). The lady on the phone was very nice and offered me a new for $99 plus a $25 credit on my bill, free shipping, free activation and no upgrade charge. I pulled the trigger and the Curve is on it's way!

I wanted to thank everybody on this forum for all the insight into the world of Blackberry. I was an avid reader of your wisdom and hopefully I can contribute to it going forward.

Looking forward to my berry!
    B
    04-15-08 08:25 PM
    We forgive you for the iphone. Welcome to the family

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 08:29 PM
    welcome and who says knowledge isn't power..........
    04-15-08 08:32 PM
    Welcome to CB !
    04-15-08 08:35 PM
    My daughter has an iPhone, my wife wants one. I find them very fragilely. There look cool, great for music/movies, but I am pretty sure I would trash one in a day. My curve is 2 months old and has 2 dings. It has gone fly through a snow covered parking lot (by accident) more times than recommended. I run a factory and travel frequently, I need something that can stand to take a knock now and then
    04-15-08 08:39 PM
    We all make mistakes. WELCOME TO CB!!!!
    04-15-08 08:50 PM
    Welcome to cb!!
    04-15-08 08:53 PM
    Welcome, welcome!
    04-15-08 08:57 PM
    I wish I would have tried that approach when I left Verizon.
    04-15-08 08:57 PM
    I dropped the iPhone when I first got it and put a very small ding on the screen. For a multimedia and web device, the iPhone is amazing and I will probably still use it as such without a SIM card. However, from a phone and a PIM manager it leaves something to be desired.

The 'berry just works (which is a common theme I have noticed on these forums).
    04-15-08 08:59 PM
    I LOVE the subject of your thread! Quite creative...

That being said, welcome to the addiction, both Blackberry and Crackberry!

04-15-08 10:24 PM
    Welcome, now there is no turning back.

04-15-08 10:32 PM
    Your home now !
    04-15-08 10:38 PM
    Welcome muppetpez!
    This is a common thing I'm seein with folks who get the iphone. The multimedia and browser are awesome, but its just not as functional as the berry.

04-15-08 10:48 PM
    Wow. That's a really great way to get a discount on a Curve. I'll have to try that one with Verizon some time. Have fun with your Berry!
    04-15-08 11:03 PM
    Welcome to the Crackhouse. Cool way to get an upgrade. I should have done that too.
    04-15-08 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD