Hey people,

I'm new to this blackberry stuff and I've got one huge problem... the price.

Being only 13 and getting about �5 ($8) pocket money a month, I've got a lot of saving up to do.

If anyone has an old BlackBerry that they don't use, I would be very, very grateful if I could maybe have it.

Unless anyone knows of another way of getting one real cheap, I think I'll have to give up on the idea of having one.

Cheers,

Michael
    12-04-08 10:33 AM
    Even if u are able to get a cheap bb. How are u able to afford montly mobile plan? Wait till earn more money...
    12-04-08 11:06 AM
    monthly plan? - like a contract?

i thought i stuck my current sim card in and it would work like my w200i does wiv any sim

am i wrong?
    Last edited by SilverScafe; 12-13-08 at 10:44 AM.
    12-04-08 11:22 AM
    You could stick a sim card in depending on the model, but you still have to pay a monthly plan for the service. Nothings free.
    What does a 13 year old need a blackberry for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 03:52 PM
    You could stick a sim card in depending on the model, but you still have to pay a monthly plan for the service. Nothings free.
    What does a 13 year old need a blackberry for?

my thoughts exactly. what would a 13 year old possibly need a blackberry for?
    12-04-08 04:05 PM
    check his email 24/7?
    12-04-08 04:06 PM
    IMO people that young don't even NEED cell phones.
    12-04-08 04:10 PM
    I can see having a cell phone but what exactly do you NEED a BlackBerry for?

12-04-08 04:26 PM
    I agree, why do you need a blackberry??

12-04-08 04:48 PM
    I got my first phone when I was 16.
    But yeah I agree with everyone else Stick to a phone till you get to college...that's when you definitely need one ;D
    12-04-08 05:02 PM
    I was at verizon 2 days ago and there a was a guy there buying his 13 year old son a storm. I was amazed. There is no way I would by my 13 year old a BB.

12-04-08 05:24 PM
    Rather than repeating my answer in your other thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/anyo...kberry-107178/
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-04-08 at 05:54 PM.
    12-04-08 05:52 PM
    Who cares how old is he? Why does age have to be the difference between the BB, a razr or no phone at all? If you wouldn't get your child a blackberry, fine, but he said he wanted to pay for it, and to me that is responsibility.

Now, me believing the OP is 13, that's another story

The OP doesn't need a data plan. All he needs is the phone and if his allowance gets increased to $30/mo, he may be able to get data as well
    12-04-08 05:53 PM
    Well my son will have a BB as soon as he can read and type. As for asking what a 13yo need a BB no one really needs a BB they want it. A cell phone is a luxury a BB is even more of a luxury. BB are the toughest phone on the market. They are nice for internet and stuff but bottom line it is a phone. If the OP already has a phone then ofcourse he would want the best. Some you are just cruel and stupid. Annilize why you first got a BB I bet it was the look, popularity, or because you just wanted it.

12-04-08 06:11 PM
    Dude- unless you can pay for it you don't need it, and you're obviously to young to realize that nothing comes free, and how a Blackberry works- which means you REALLY don't need one. Wait till you're in college and actually have a life to manage.
    12-04-08 07:07 PM
    Dude- unless you can pay for it you don't need it, and you're obviously to young to realize that nothing comes free, and how a Blackberry works- which means you REALLY don't need one. Wait till you're in college and actually have a life to manage.
    Go easy on the kid! Did it take you until college to get a life? Doubt it.
    12-04-08 07:12 PM
    I got my first cell phone when i was a freshman in college and that's when i had a job so i can pay for it. Now, i'm on my own and have a job to where i can afford my Phone...IMO, anyone who doesn't NEED a blackberry, shouldn't be seeking to get one
    12-04-08 07:33 PM
    Ha ha good one berry me with it. That dude probably still doesn't have a life. To the OP I got my first blackberry used off eBay. You may look there just match you carrier and read carfully. Watch the feedback. Your parents may even be willing to do it as a Christmas gift. To all the rude people if you keep being so mean then this community will fail. People come for advice not to be criticized

12-04-08 07:34 PM
    [QUOTE=luvitlo;1108084 if you keep being so mean then this community will fail. People come for advice not to be criticized

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

Well said . There is more than enough sites on the WWW where members attack someone seeking advice . I've been on the receiving end and it made my time spent at that site very short lived . There's enough negativity in life as it is... and coming online and visiting different sites should be an enjoyable experience.... not yet another forum of " high school bullying " .

That's what makes crackberry so unique in my opinion . Members here are very helpful ( most anyways ).... and the few that like to lash out at every opportunity should look inward and seek out what it is that makes them so " special " ( or insecure ) that they feel the need to belittle others !

12-04-08 11:00 PM
    Well he's underage, I thought this forum is for adult.

Am I the one in the wrong forum?...
    WHY are having this discussion?
    Just give him a blackberry so he doesn't sell crack for a blackberry...
    12-05-08 05:10 AM
    SON,

I understand you problem, the moderator cannot help you, you better ask GOD.
    12-05-08 05:11 AM
    Well he's underage, I thought this forum is for adult.

Am I the one in the wrong forum?...
    WHY are having this discussion?
    Just give him a blackberry so he doesn't sell crack for a blackberry...

well it was my understanding that 13 was the age that a child is able to sign up for an account on a website... no legal binding contract but a account so I don't see why this forum would be limited to just adults...

its the same as any other forum on the internet.

Kids use the internet now most of us are aware of this some of us refuse to believe it...

as for my opinion on the blackberry for a child issue.. looks like this one is putting in effort to pay for it. That shows a bit of responsibility of looking at the money issue..

its up to the parent in the end. Also cellphones are getting to the point that a cellphone isn't just a cellphone anymore were carrying little computers around when I was young my parent's didn't even think we needed a computer.. so I disagree with saying something like "they dont need it"
    12-05-08 06:04 AM
    Hey people,

I'm new to this blackberry stuff and I've got one huge problem... the price.

Being only 13 and getting about �5 ($8) pocket money a month, I've got a lot of saving up to do.

If anyone has an old BlackBerry that they don't use, I would be very, very grateful if I could maybe have it.

Unless anyone knows of another way of getting one real cheap, I think I'll have to give up on the idea of having one.

Cheers,

Michael

get ur grades up and ur parents will be happy to purchase you a blackberry with plan on their cell phone plan happily and KEEP your grades up
    12-05-08 06:10 AM
    get ur grades up and ur parents will be happy to purchase you a blackberry with plan on their cell phone plan happily and KEEP your grades up
    Wow your parents must have been really nice! A cellphone is a luxury- and a BB is REALLY a luxury, my parents wouldn't have bought me a BB if I'd been a straight A student working full time and went to Church every Sunday without fail...and most of the parents I know (I'm a Nanny so I know a lot of em!) wouldn't pay for a cellphone above and beyond a pay as you go phone for emergencies!

But let's be realistic- he's 13. He gets 5$ a week allowance. Even if he got a free one (and believe me nobody's going to hand a 13 year old a free BB) he wouldn't be able to afford the plan or the data. I don't care if you're freaking Miley Cyrus, 13 year olds have NOTHING going on big enough to warrent a BB. A regular old cellphone with a few texts, maybe, but not a BB. Even I don't technically NEED a BB- but since I work hard, I have a lot going on (I'm a student, work full time, and run a support group for military spouses!), and all my other bills are paid off in full (rent, hydro, food, tuition, insurance, gas, etc.) I allow myself to TREAT myself to a BB. If all the sudden I lost my job, believe me- berry would be the first to go.

I know this is a bit of my personal vendetta, but as someone who works with kids and teens round the clock every day- I think it's insane the amount kids get away with these days without earning it! There was a CBC special just a few weeks ago about "generation OWE"...as in 13 year olds already having credit card debt!

His parents are right to deny him a blackberry since he's obviously not in need of one! If he wants something his parents won't buy him he needs to earn it- not hit up strangers for handouts!
    12-05-08 10:37 AM
    People need to read more instead of criticizing. The kid has a plan already! He is not required to be on a data plan. Like he said, it is as easy as getting his sim card from the old phone and popping it in. In fact, if he gets an upgrade, no money may even be spent.

If you aren't going to post anything productive and helpful for the OP, please do not even post anymore as the post is as useless as "a 13 yr old having a blackberry"

If my son was 13 and in the same situation and saved his money for something, I would not be stopping him. It's called responsibility at an early age.
    12-05-08 11:14 AM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD