BlackBerry 10 OS is really technically advanced and reliable system. But I have encountered a lot of amazing cool hardware and software not compatible with BB10! Pebble or Android watches are not exactly BlackBerry OS friendly, I could mention a lot more but my point is that BlackBerry never really had any major support even before BB10 was born! I just came across another cool tech called "goTenna" this is their website : goTenna | No service, no problem. and again not support for BlackBerry. What is BlackBerry doing to address this? Is something out of their control or what? A lot of people(maybe the majority) left BlackBerry because of this annoying and frustrating issue.

All things Berry
    07-19-14 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry 10 OS is really technically advanced and reliable system. But I have encountered a lot of amazing cool hardware and software not compatible with BB10! Pebble or Android watches are not exactly BlackBerry OS friendly, I could mention a lot more but my point is that BlackBerry never really had any major support even before BB10 was born! I just came across another cool tech called "goTenna" this is their website : goTenna | No service, no problem. and again not support for BlackBerry. What is BlackBerry doing to address this? Is something out of their control or what? A lot of people(maybe the majority) left BlackBerry because of this annoying and frustrating issue.

All things Berry
    People developing the device primarily have access to individuals with an iPhone and/or Android so can easily develop compatibility.. unlikely to have access to someone with a BlackBerry so they can't code for a phone they don't have.

What would you have BlackBerry do? Send every app/tech developer a phone? By working on selling units this problem will go away with time.

And for the most part, compatible with Android = Compatible with BlackBerry.. unless you've actually used the apk for the tech and seen that it doesn't work are you sure about compatibility?

The example you gave of Pebble i've seen more than a few threads and stories of apps/workarounds.. here's one;

I hate when this happens!-img_20140719_161155.png

BlackBerry are addressing this through the deal with Google and hopefully also through QNX and Project ion, ensuring that whilst they work with other devices they ensure BB10 devices are fully supported..

It's an understandable frustration.. but there are current and future solutions

Check Out TechCraze

EDIT: where it actually mentions Pebble
    Attachment 285953
    07-19-14 10:13 AM
    People developing the device primarily have access to individuals with an iPhone and/or Android so can easily develop compatibility.. unlikely to have access to someone with a BlackBerry so they can't code for a phone they don't have.

What would you have BlackBerry do? Send every app/tech developer a phone? By working on selling units this problem will go away with time.

And for the most part, compatible with Android = Compatible with BlackBerry.. unless you've actually used the apk for the tech and seen that it doesn't work are you sure about compatibility?

The example you gave of Pebble i've seen more than a few threads and stories of apps/workarounds.. here's one;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140719_161155.png 
Views:	446 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	285952

BlackBerry are addressing this through the deal with Google and hopefully also through QNX and Project ion, ensuring that whilst they work with other devices they ensure BB10 devices are fully supported..

It's an understandable frustration.. but there are current and future solutions

Check Out TechCraze

EDIT: where it actually mentions Pebble
    Attachment 285953
    You made a good point there but BlackBerry have always provided the necessary tools to developers...a bit complicated in the past but things are super easy now with the introduction of BB10 platform and yet not enough love for BlackBerry .They wouldn't enable BlackBerry 10 to support android apps if more than sufficient support were there for the platform. I am looking forward to their future solutions.

All things Berry
    07-19-14 11:19 AM
    The only thing that BlackBerry can do is market the OS, which they really don't do well haha. Put yourself in a developer's shoes, you see that IOS and Android have a VAST MAJORITY of the market share. I don't know that exact percent but it really is massive. You build apps/services/whatever for IOS and Android and that in itself is A LOT of work and maintenance. WHY would you put in the SAME amount of effort and maintenance for an OS that has such little market share? Your input would be unbelievable greater than the output/revenue/income etc. This is why you don't see big name apps too often, instead a lot of third party native ones, which also work but obviously not the same

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 11:51 AM