I've been through 4 phones in the past 7 mo. One thing or another breaks or stops working. My last experience was the last straw. I was out of town when my flight was canceled. Every time I was placed on hold with the airline (and we all know how long that can be), after 15 min my phone would just shut down. It took every ounce of restraint I had not to toss it in the river. I just pick up my 4th phone and this one is new. I've spent the last 5 hours trying to put all my APS back on the phone and guess what. NOTHING IS WORKING. I've had it.....really, this is ridiculous. RIM, how about making something that actually works....hate to say it, but iphone is looking real good
    08-16-08 06:19 PM
    wellll maybe we can help here but you have to be specific about what your problem is. any of these issues you're having can probably be resolved
    08-16-08 06:22 PM
    Read the news today. Iphone having numerous problems from rush to release before ready. Right now is probably a risky time to try the iphone. What problems are you having and what bb is it?
    08-16-08 06:28 PM
    Sounds like Operator Error to me!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-08 06:30 PM
    We understand the need to rant, but no one can help you unless you list detailed things the phone is doing and more importantly, what you have done to each phone.

We dont know if you've changed the OS.
    We dont know if you're restoring the new phone from backups of the previous phones. (many times, if there is a problem in a backup, and you're not aware of it, you're just transferring the same problem to the new phone then blaming it on the phone).
    We dont know what apps you've installed.

If you want help, help us help you.
    08-16-08 06:32 PM
    Sounds like Operator Error to me!!!!

Could be; I was just trying to be kind. One doesnt normally run into that many problems consecutively. & when this starts occurring, they never think its something they could be doing; just blame it on the phone.
    08-16-08 06:33 PM

I don't know. I'm a bit new to Blackberry myself. My phone has been absolutely wonderful. I've had no issues what so ever with my phone. Infact, I have fallen in love with my 8830.

I would like to tell you though, that the small quirks that I did encounter (with installing the beta and such), were easily answered by the fine folks who patrol these forums.

If there is an issue then just tell these guys your specific problem and they tend to jump on it. Or it may even be your carrier. I don't know. I just hope that you can become a super happy/proud Blackberry user like myself.
    08-16-08 06:36 PM
    also keep in mind, for every device that is manufactured, i can guarantee you that there is a small percentage that is defective despite quality control measures. you may have just gotten a bad apple.

however feel free to give us more details so maybe we can help. and about the iphone, like that other person said, check out the news, they are having tons of issues and on top of that they gave the order to increase production on them despite possible quality control issues.
    08-16-08 06:36 PM
    Could be; I was just trying to be kind. One doesnt normally run into that many problems consecutively. & when this starts occurring, they never think its something they could be doing; just blame it on the phone.

My thoughts exactly, but the OP gave no detail of the issues.
    08-16-08 06:38 PM
    I have browsed through your past posts, going back nearly a year.

Hopefully you got the AOL and Theme issues addressed.

after 15 min my phone would just shut down. ...

I've spent the last 5 hours trying to put all my APS back on the phone and guess what. NOTHING IS WORKING.
    That must be terribly frustrating. When your phone shut down on you, did it restart after removing the battery?

If it did, the most likely cause would have been running out of memory. It is common problem with all the consumer BlackBerrys, they come packed full of samples and sophisticated corporate software.

It leaves them nearly crippled after a few weeks of use.

Now that you know how time consuming a change over can be, you should take a little more time to create a backup of your applications. If it ever happens again, at least you know you can get back to normal in minuets, not hours.
    08-16-08 06:40 PM
    So, Hockey Chick, could you be a bit more specific about the problems you are having your BB.
    08-16-08 06:49 PM
    maybe you can't handle the Blackberry. maybe the Blackberry is too much pda/phone for you.
    08-16-08 06:55 PM
    maybe you can't handle the Blackberry. maybe the Blackberry is too much pda/phone for you.
    Hey, give her a chance to explain. That may be the case, but you never know.
    08-16-08 06:58 PM
    you're right...it was a rant, after 7 hrs it was either a rant or busting it against the wall. However, I just returned again from AT & T and guess what...I'm now on my 5th phone. There were several problems they just couldn't diagnose (hmm looks as though it's not operator error). Let me explain my latest issue...it has nothing to do with being a PDA, it has everything to do with just making a call. I haven't changed anything, only added a theme a while ago. No major APS either. Memory wasn't an issue but I did perform a soft reset. If I was on a call for longer than 15 min or so, the entire phone would reset repeatedly. Another strange problem...when I attempted to do a restore, the computer recognized the PIN but won't recognize the phone. I'm at a loss with this one. I moved my backup file to my laptop and performed a restore there. I did have the new desktop manager on the computer. I removed it and reloaded 4.2.2 but it still didn't help.

I'm calmer with NEW phone. I must admit that all my prior issues where probably due to AT&T's lovely policy issuing refurbished phones....basically that's when everything went downhill. Admittedly, I was rather fond of my first Curve

oh ej25sti.....you might take your same advice while looking at your mental aptitude..sorry, you asked for that
    08-16-08 07:56 PM
    Sorry you have been so many issues, but glad you got the
    phone exchanged. I don't think the fact that the others were
    refurbs. I have had 2, still have one and the both worked
    flawlessly.

Good luck with this one.
    08-16-08 08:16 PM

Good luck with this one.
    Yes, good luck. Maybe try and hold off on installing the Third Party Apps for now and see how the device functions without them. Then slowly, one by one, install them to the device every few days or so and see if there are any ill effects.
    08-16-08 08:20 PM
    So what is your 5th phone?
    08-16-08 08:25 PM
    Yes, good luck. Maybe try and hold off on installing the Third Party Apps for now and see how the device functions without them. Then slowly, one by one, install them to the device every few days or so and see if there are any ill effects.
    Great advice!!! I hope the OP actually takes heed to this b/c 4 phones in a row is suspect to something the user is doing.
    08-16-08 08:42 PM
    Good Luck. I hope everything works out with your new one.
    08-16-08 08:50 PM
    I agree with the Original Poster about the BB's being junk/crap/schiesse.
    08-16-08 08:51 PM
    If you dont want the phone that "doesnt work" ill be more than happy to buy it from you lol

i would love a curve... get at me!!!
    08-16-08 09:24 PM
    I agree with the Original Poster about the BB's being junk/crap/schiesse.
    Am very surprised that you feel this way about your BlackBerry!!

What problems/issues have you been experiencing? Personally, I have not had any. I love my BlackBerry, and would not accept any amount of money to replace it.

-CB

"BlackBerry for Life."
    08-16-08 10:05 PM
    Memory Leaks.
    Constant battery pulls.
    Slow O/S.
    Sounds like your talking on a tin can when on the phone.

So, yes, I stand by my statements...the BB is crap. Or fecal matter if your prefer.
    08-16-08 10:30 PM
    Your opinion has been noted.

Fact is, even BlackBerrys are not perfect, but second place is bairly able to hold it's own in the consumer market, let alone the World of business subscribers.

HSBC is looking at tree fruit? Dump your holdings now, don't wait for the panic when they discover what brain dead means.

08-16-08 10:43 PM
    Your right , BB's are far from perfect.
    If I knew what a pain it would be using this phone I never would have gotten one.
    Oh time machine, where art thou?

08-16-08 10:48 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD