I was checking out the net for news like i normally do and came across a pretty interesting article. I know "fanboys" are always knocking RIM for the service outages we have, but maybe this is a sign of what is to come out of Dot Mac and MobileMe. What do you think?

Dot .Mac Down! Temporary Glitch or MobileMe Switch? | The iPhone Blog
    06-17-08 12:22 PM
    Here's the difference.

When .Mac goes down, it affects the 50 people that actually subscribe to it...

When a RIM NOC goes down, it affects the ENTIRE BlackBerry community.

When .Mac goes down, every iPhone user can continue getting their other mail on their phone. The only one they will be missing is their .Mac account.

When a RIM NOC goes down, every BlackBerry user loses access to ALL their mail accounts.

I appreciate your attempt at irony, but it is not the same thing by any stretch of the imagination.
    06-17-08 12:32 PM
    Here's the difference.

When .Mac goes down, it affects the 50 people that actually subscribe to it...

When a RIM NOC goes down, it affects the ENTIRE BlackBerry community.

When .Mac goes down, every iPhone user can continue getting their other mail on their phone. The only one they will be missing is their .Mac account.

When a RIM NOC goes down, every BlackBerry user loses access to ALL their mail accounts.

I appreciate your attempt at irony, but it is not the same thing by any stretch of the imagination.
    Super good point!! I am a die-hard Blackberry fan, however I have never understood why I pay top dollar for my device, and shell out an extra $40 every month for data service which is not exactly reliable, to say the least.

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but is there absolutely no way RIM could remedy the outage situation? And if so, are they even trying??
    06-17-08 12:39 PM
    Super good point!! I am a die-hard Blackberry fan, however I have never understood why I pay top dollar for my device, and shell out an extra $40 every month for data service which is not exactly reliable, to say the least.

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but is there absolutely no way RIM could remedy the outage situation? And if so, are they even trying??
    unfortunately, i think they're just a little too complacent (with the services they offer, the products they sell, and the updates they issue.) i think it'll catch up with them...maybe not today, or next week, but it will eventually... sadly...
    06-17-08 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD