I got my second BB Curve (8310) in Dec 08. Now I love my BB to death and can't imagine my life without it but I am very discouraged now. A few friends (5) have purchased the Att BB 8310 and have extremely awesome software and hardware. They also have features that I don't have, like video camera, Aim and YouTube capabilities. The list just goes on actually. I am very disappointed because like usual ATT wouldn't help me. So I turn to you my crackberry friends. How can I update my software to be able to get these functions?
    02-20-09 07:43 AM
    Depends on what OS you are running on your BB. You may be able to upgrade and get all the features you are wanting! The Curve is an awesome device and should run like clockwork for you. I don't know what OS you are running now but you can search here at CB for an update and step by step instructions on how to do it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 07:52 AM
    Check the "Stickies" in the 83XX forum for the latest 8310 OS download. The step by step instructions can be found in the "Blackberry 101" blog section and/or in the "Tips, How To & FAQ" forum..........or you can just use the links in my sig.
    02-20-09 08:01 AM
    Thank you guys for your help. I have been sitting here for hours with no avail. I went in and downloaded the desktop manager, and the new OS just as the tutorial said. SO, the Desktop cant find my device. I have tried this on two different computers and nothing. I tried the troubleshooting and that way didnt help. How come DTM is not finding my device?
    02-20-09 12:11 PM
    Thank you guys for your help. I have been sitting here for hours with no avail. I went in and downloaded the desktop manager, and the new OS just as the tutorial said. SO, the Desktop cant find my device. I have tried this on two different computers and nothing. I tried the troubleshooting and that way didnt help. How come DTM is not finding my device?
    Personally I always use CrackMem when upgrading because it takes care of everything. The link is in my sig.

Which version DM did you install? I highly suggest 4.6 without the media manager.
    Ok, so you have the OS downloaded and Installed?
    A common mistake is not installing the OS on the PC, you must run it as a program. If you have Vista, make sure you have administrative rights.

If you still can't get it connected I highly suggest that you try the steps in the the link of my sig on how to recover a dead berry.

Keep us informed.

~Jazzi~

Last edited by Jazzi-Rocks; 02-20-09 at 12:19 PM.
    02-20-09 12:17 PM
    I have downloaded the OS to my laptop and desktop. So when I go to the dtm to get it onto my berry it doesnt find my device. I will take your advice. Cross your fingers baby
    02-20-09 12:28 PM
    Fingers are crossed for ya'.......this happened to me a couple of times and freaked me out. We were able to solve it by downloading the DM and OS to a different computer (this is an old server) and it worked flawlessly.

***make sure that your USB is connected directly to the computer and not to a hub***

Good Luck and I'm right here with ya,

~Jazzi~

02-20-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD