I have been trying for 2 days to download stuff like ZIP files to my computer for themes and whatnot, but I cant seem to figure out how to find them in desktop manager. I extract them to my desktop so I can find them but desktop manager wont browse for them. HELP!

Thanks for helping the damsel in distress!
    MrsStraty
    02-24-09 06:48 PM
    So you are stuck @ the browse part? If so just open the ZIP to the desktop, then hit browse in the DM then when it opens the window go to desktop. You should then see the file (.alx etc) just click it and proceed. What do you mean it wont browse?
    02-24-09 06:52 PM
    I have a folder on my desktop named Blackberry Stuff and that's where I put all my zip files and everything else for my BB. You said that you have unzipped them, do you remember where they are?

What version DM are you running?

You should be able to "browse" when in application loader and that's when you should browse to the .alx, .THM or .cod folder and click on it, that's how I've been able to get my 3rd party applications on my BB unless they were OTA.

I hope that helps, I'm sure others have more information for you as well.

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 06:55 PM
    DM 4.7 is what im running. I just cant seemt o find them in the DM at all, even when i browse.
    02-24-09 07:00 PM
    I see the BB apps folder with the Viigo app when I browse but I cant seem to get it to the DM.
    When I click on the Viigo app it just goes to a blank screen.
    02-24-09 07:03 PM
    First of all I would recommend not using 4.7, this DM is more for the bold/STORM but having said that when you browse are you seeing your desktop?

When the window pops up you will see its directory you need to find the desktop - better yet whatever directory its in you can unzip there lol..... Then its easier.. Looks like this

If you get here just find the file you unzipped if its a theme its usually xxxxxxx.alx hit that and you off....
    02-24-09 07:05 PM
    I agree with Trem, you really should be using the DM 4.6; that may be part of the problem as I have heard of many people having problems with it if they aren't using the Bold/Storm.

I would show you a pic of what mine looks like, however it wouldn't help you as I am using 4.6. Hopefully Trem's pic helps you out. If not, I'll see what I can do here.

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 07:09 PM
    Im gonna go get DM 4.6 now.
    02-24-09 07:12 PM
    is extracting to a folder the same as unzipping?
    02-24-09 07:21 PM
    is extracting to a folder the same as unzipping?
    Yes it is.
    02-24-09 07:23 PM
    ok so that is what i do extract the files to a folder on my desktop but I cant seem to get them to go to the DM.
    02-24-09 07:35 PM
    Your issue is when you hit Browse in DM you are not sure where you are navigating from, you need to get to desktop if that is where they are extracted. Lets try this, tell me what you see in your window (like what I posted) when you hit browse.

Where mine says desktop the dropdown arrow if you have this click it and look for desktop or the green arrow folder which is UP click that repeatedly till you see desktop.... Then all that is left is finding your file on the desktop
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-24-09 at 07:42 PM.
    02-24-09 07:40 PM
    Hey Tre ty for the help. I am dl the dm 4.6 now. Do I need media manager? I had to uninstall 4.7 1st
    02-24-09 07:53 PM
    Nope.....I would not get media manager personally.... You can do without but some folks like it. I think its bloatware and unnecessary...
    02-24-09 07:56 PM
    Almost done dl tre then we can get back to zipped files!

Thanks for your help!
    02-24-09 08:00 PM
    Ok for instance when I hit browse I can see the desktop come up but the file name is blank. The Viigo app that I want is there but I cant get it over to DM. I downloaded the DM 4.6 and it looks exactlly the same as 4.7
    02-24-09 08:10 PM
    ahhh viigo? I thought that was OTA...... I am not sure you can install viigo this way.... One second.

That is an .exe that cant go over DM, is there a reason you did not get viigo ota? like sent to your phone?
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-24-09 at 08:14 PM.
    02-24-09 08:12 PM
    Ok I did Viigo OTA and its fine. I went to DL a theme by unzipping and its fine! I finally got it! Thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated.

MrsStraty
    02-24-09 08:22 PM
    Hehe ok. I thought we were working with a theme. Didnt you have a thread about a theme over DM? Anyhow I am glad its sorted. IF you got the theme installed with DM its all good. Now you are on a more stable DM for you phone anyways - not a total loss

EDIT: I see your reply below, good deal..... glad all is well.........
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-24-09 at 08:28 PM.
    02-24-09 08:24 PM
    No not at all. The 1st time we were talking about a theme. But I still could not find it all together on my DM but probably didnt have it saved correctly. Now have a seperate folder on desktop for easy access. Its all good now.

Thank you again,
    MrsStraty
    02-24-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD