Hey guys. Some of you might have seen me around here, some haven't, but I needed to write this.

Back in 2009, I debuted into the Smartphone market with the white HTC MyTouch 3G from T-Mobile, when Android just appeared. When the contract was up the next year, I joined BlackBerry. I switched from T-Mobile to AT&T due to bad coverage in my area, and fell in love with the white BlackBerry Torch 9800 and took it home. Then, the Bold 9900 with BB7 got announced and I began dying for that phone. The launch finally arrived (months later on AT&T) and as my contract wasn't over, barely one year, I was decided to get it at full price at over $500. Fast forward, I got it for $199.99 because surprisingly "the system approved the contract renewal", according to the seller.

I fell in love with the keyboard and the sleek design. I wanted it in white too but you know, AT&T just skipped it. Fine, time passed by (I also got myself a PlayBook on day one back then on April too) and BB10 started to occupy my mind and finally the 30th came. I'm (probably was) dying for a white Z10, because I wanted my fav. color back and wanted a big screen. ... Watching the launch event Thorsten dropped his usual bombs and my smile INSTANTLY disappeared and I was like O_O :O O_O. US Carriers would get the phones by mid/late March. Guys, I swear to all of you that I stood still and like a zombie kept staring at the PlayBook which had the live stream playing... Turned it off and headed to my classroom without pronouncing a single vowel. Later in these two/three days all I see from different sites are bad reviews of BlackBerry 10 and the Z10, the camera in low lights, battery life, and so on. Now I get to know, that on top of having to wait until March for the phone, Verizon Wireless has exclusivity for the white version, the one that I am was waiting for??

I give up. I give up because:

(1) I must wait until March, possibly April to get the Z10.
    (2) The white version will not be available on AT&T ever, or at least in months...
    (3) I wanted a real nice camera. BlackBerry Z10 Camera: The Worst Low-Light Performance We've Seen in a Long Time
    (4) I'm tired to having to sacrifice things when it comes to BlackBerry.
    (5) I'm tired of defending RIM BlackBerry in front of everyone and having later to eat my words.

Plus, I wanted to enter for the Z10 giveaway contest but guess what, some sort of (supposedly know) bug prevents me from logging in and make a comment on the blog posts. For some reason, I appear to be logged in on the forums.

All odds are against me getting a white Z10 so I'll just stop trying. If BB makes a comeback or not it's no longer an issue that will care about. And when my buggy Bold and archaic BB7 run no more (almost there already) I'll be ready to adopt something else apart from an iPhone, perhaps GS4 or something like that.

"Another whining thread" you might think, but I just wanted to write this.
    1 & 2 Buy it from Canada and you do not need to wait and you can get a white one !
    3. I would not trust Gizmodo but even if it is true the other 3 cameras are not exactly that much better. Your phone is not SLR. If you want to have good low light photos get Canon Rebel
    4. There is something to be sacrificed with any phone / product. Nothing is perfect.
    5. Don't cave into peer pressure. Buy what you will enjoy. if you waited that long for bb10 it would be crazy not to get it now!
    02-01-13 03:44 PM
    This is for you Kemj - Hang in there buddy.

02-01-13 04:02 PM
    3. I would not trust Gizmodo but even if it is true the other 3 cameras are not exactly that much better. Your phone is not SLR. If you want to have good low light photos get Canon Rebel
    I'm sorry but even from looking at Crackberrys own review photo comparison between the i5, GS3, 920, and Z10 the Z10 had the worst of every image shown, while low light performance isnt a big deal having a mediocre overall camera is a pretty big one. In this age where smartphones are cross utilized having a good camera is extremely high up on the list of things people want and expect.
    02-01-13 04:05 PM
    OP - you are likely going to be bashed to bits for that post. But I understand what you're saying about wanting the white phone and seeing people with them and not having it. It is frustrating. I wanted a white 9900 and never got one because I'm on AT&T. I want a white Z10 but VZW has initial exclusivity. So it appears that I will either have to wait for the white Q10 or get a black Z10.
    I went through an emotional rollercoaster the last 48 hours. I understand your frustration.
    I won't say not to get another device, that choice is yours. I just wanted to let you know I know how frustrated you are, I was feeling the same. I would only suggest to walk away for a bit and not make any decisions out of emotions. Wait until you can make a logical decision, not a reactionary one.
    Best of luck.
    Good luck with whatever your decide to do.
    As ususal, you are the voice of reason.
    02-01-13 09:01 PM
    I'm a go getter not a quiter buy one from canada switch carriers if you want white one the end
    02-01-13 09:10 PM
    From what I've seen posted here, the 'camera sucks' myth has been busted. There are some dag on nice picts posted here taken with the Z10. Like I also read here: If you are worried about taking awesome, professional looking pictures, don't get a phone, get a camera.
    As far as the color of the unit, there are some hot accessories out there for the Z10 and they will cover all but the screen so the color of the phone doesn't have to be an issue.
    As far as the release date, can't help you with that except to say (again) that it may not be a bad thing since that will give BB time to work out any bugs. Good things happen to those who wait (or at least that's what my Mamma used to say).
    The rest of your complaints are owned by you and no one can say anything to change that.
    bizzyqu and jesse_h like this.
    02-01-13 09:16 PM
    As far as the release date, can't help you with that except to say (again) that it may not be a bad thing since that will give BB time to work out any bugs. Good things happen to those who wait (or at least that's what my Mamma used to say).
    Exactly, people who are going to be buying this in the US are going to immediately be able to show their friends all the apps the Z10 has, for us its ok to be early adopters and research what and when apps are coming out, but for many others its like walking into the wilderness.
    02-01-13 09:36 PM
    Not trying to bash you, but this makes no sense.
    No worries, I'll clarify.

Carriers couldn't meet Jan 30 deadline.
    Blackberry needed to get the devices to the carriers *earlier*, so that the carriers could meet the Jan 30 deadline.

Hope that makes it clearer
    02-02-13 07:47 PM
    op
    if white exclusivity works the same way in the states as it did in the uk, you just have to wait a couple of days extra

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 07:52 PM

Blackberry needed to get the devices to the carriers *earlier*, so that the carriers could meet the Jan 30 deadline.

I dare you to post one statement (with source) made by BB and any US carrier saying the Z10 would be ready for purchase on January 30th. You can't because it was never, ever said, promised or implied. The first idea of a US sale date was given at the launch - and that was a time frame, again not a firm date. There, hope that makes it clearer.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 08:13 PM

ALL carriers were given the gold code at the same time. the UK managed to sort itself out, Canada has too, so the US getting them later isnt anything to do with BB, its the carriers.

Also people, just remember, its just glass metal and plastic. its not worth getting that wound up about and definitley not worth making yourself ill over.
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-02-13 08:25 PM
    It doesn't matter what the cause is, or whose fault it is. BlackBerry 10 handsets will not be available in the USA for almost two months after they've been heavily advertised. That's really bad news, and RIM should delay advertising and marketing pushes until there's actual product to buy.

I also can understand the frustration that longtime BB people have over "yet another delay." It cannot be easy to hear "first half of 2012," then "last quarter of 2012," then "early 2013," then "January 30, 2013," then "sometime in March."
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    02-02-13 08:26 PM

It makes no sense that ALL FOUR carriers couldn't complete testing on time. Good try but you didn't clear it up at all...
    02-02-13 11:37 PM
    Making exclusive deals with carriers for the COLOR of the phone seems to me to be the height of stupidity. What the **** is that person thinking? Is BlackBerry in such a weak position that they have to bend over for that kind of nonsense?!

I've said this before, but love them or hate them,....you must appreciate the fact that Apple consistently makes the carriers their b!!!ch. I do, anyways.
    02-03-13 12:01 AM
    LOL! I love this picture!!! Always text it to my friends. Good on ya!
    02-03-13 01:54 AM

i think you over simplify.
    Carriers COULD meet the deadline, look at the UK and Canada
    The real question is why didnt the US carriers?
    For all we know they could have not taken the launch seriously and left it late to carry the testing out. Giving them the phones earlier would have had zero impact in that situation
    02-03-13 06:43 AM
    Also remember, the carriers have not said that Blackberry did not give them enough time to complete testing.

They have just said that more time is needed, which is not the same thing at all. More tyime would be needed if they only started testing a week before launch.
    02-03-13 06:45 AM
    The carriers were given the Z10 for acceptance testing before November 1, 2012.

What does it mean for RIM to be in carrier lab testing with BlackBerry 10? | CrackBerry.com

I don't believe the US carriers' excuses.
    02-03-13 10:12 AM
43 12