03-20-09 08:39 PM
63 123
tools
    I know that my boss has broken 3 berries in the last 6 months and would be lost w out IT! (how you break 3 berries in 6 months-I'll never know!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I bet he has kids....or a dog.....or both.

I feel his pain
    06-17-08 09:52 PM
    In the midst of all the hub bub! Can I work for you and your new DREAM job!
    06-17-08 09:55 PM
    I am just 18 years old (well not just but yeah) and I am working at a company where they make tracking programs for hospitals (patient tracking). I clean up the blue prints to make them more compatible with their product and I find that fun but I am going to Michigan Tech to become some sort of engineer...my "dream" job right now is automotive engineering.
    To relate this to BB helpers I spent about an hour today helping the CEO with his new BB, the little kid on the block
    06-17-08 10:05 PM
    I am just 18 years old (well not just but yeah) and I am working at a company where they make tracking programs for hospitals (patient tracking). I clean up the blue prints to make them more compatible with their product and I find that fun but I am going to Michigan Tech to become some sort of engineer...my "dream" job right now is automotive engineering.
    To relate this to BB helpers I spent about an hour today helping the CEO with his new BB, the little kid on the block
    Haha, good for you! Happy CEO is always a good thing
    06-17-08 10:49 PM
    Great way to get in good with the HIGHER UPS^^^ But I can almost say with extreme confidence that he wont be able to leave you alone about his bb, how do you do this and how do you do that etc... LMAO
    06-17-08 10:54 PM
    Great way to get in good with the HIGHER UPS^^^ But I can almost say with extreme confidence that he wont be able to leave you alone about his bb, how do you do this and how do you do that etc... LMAO
    You must know, my boss, his boss, and the damn mayor.
    It's a wonder I get anything done.
    06-17-08 11:02 PM
    My boss doesn't have kids or a dog! Which makes it worse! Hehe

**Ben-happy CEOs are a great thing! I bet he loved getting your help and just learning all the little things that BBs can offer! When do you start at Mich tech? Nice work! !

My other dream job is to be a wedding planner. Or any event planning actually. Maybe one day!

06-18-08 09:33 AM
    I ran across this post while searching for 'how to teach people to use a blackberry'. I'm a total tech junkie, but my wife and parents are not so much.

I've been trying to convince my wife of the many benefits (practical uses, not just the stuff we tech junkies are turned on by) of using a blackberry, such as the calendar, ability to carry reference material with you, etc, etc. She hasn't really shown much interest or initiative since she *thinks* she's not capable of learning to use one.

Her cell contract recently expired, and I introduced her to a Pearl 8130. She likes the form factor, and the fact that she can get pictures off the device easily (external drive mode). She's yet to really unlock the benefits, but she'll get there.

My parents, who are in the 60+ crowd saw my wife's BBerry and got interested. "You mean I can get my e-mail on that thing?!" So, off to the store we went, and picked up two more BBerry Pearl 8130's.

Coming full circle here, needless to say I've got my hands full supporting three very new-to-the-blackberry individuals. The original poster's idea is fabulous. I'd love to send my wife and parents to one of these type classes.

Again, great idea.

PS - I found this link as well in my search which is interesting. twurl.cc/2et
    07-05-08 09:55 AM
    That's pretty cool. I even thought about doing that myself if my job was to ever go belly up. I would love to do the same thing. I'm quite sure I wouldn't get paid what I'm making now but at least I would enjoy doing that. **** for what most of us here knows, we can qualify for tier 2 support. Good luck!!

07-05-08 10:13 AM
    Originally Posted by jhard Why would anybody pay you when everybody and their mama can learn everything they need to know here at CrackBerry for free?

thanks for not making my feel dumb! i love training and a huge part of my job involves training and tonight made me think of this! obviously...this is not realistic
    Trust me you are not dumb. The nonsense that greeted your post ... Learn as much as you can, and if it is your dream, chase it.
    Hey kids need to be potty trained, I want to get paid to teach them how to use the toilet... How is that any less feasible then teaching someone how to use a BB?
    That sucks that you do something nice and then someone has to be negative nancy and ruin your moment. I think it is great I get to teach all kinds of people about jet engines at my work. Keep your chin up. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    WOW!!!!! JHARD has had serious problems with learning, ooopppps, I mean teachers in the past I see..... And just because a BlackBerry is NOT rocket science, that doesn't mean people don't have questions and need help. I'm sure you didn't know everything about your BlackBerry right out of the box. Or did you join CrackBerry because you know everything and want to help others?????
    My apologies for jhard's behavior in this thread OP. I have gone through and removed his posts from this thread and those not directly related to the topic at hand. Thread is back up and ready to go. As for jhard, he will be on a vacation. Trevor Forum Moderator
    I am saying this b/c it needs to be said. I am NOT of the mindset to jump in or fall in line with what every other person believes and feels. Having a dream job (whatever that dream may be) is awesome, but YOUR dream job doesnt remove the fact that you post something on an open forum that's either going to get you 3 cheers or a big ole so what!

jhard, didnt say anything wrong. It may have come off crass to some of you, but like everyone else, he stated something that maybe others who have read this thought, but didnt say.

I dont know jhrad at all, but there has developed a pattern around here in which it has now become some sort of crime to state what's on your mind. Not everyone is going to agree and the great part about that is they dont have too. If you happen to be liked by many members, you can say anything around here and it gets overlooked. I've read some horrible things around these forums that didnt get a reprimand, but laughter! I call that a double standard.

And Trevor, you apologize for jhard's behavior? Are you going to apologize to every member who doesnt happen to like something thats said in relation to a post? Opinion or not, jhard CANT stop anyones dream; so please point me to where he did or said something so earth shattering in this thread to warrant a "vacation."

To all of you that had your opinions on jhard's comment, have you always been the pillar of your community; so what's with the judging?

Personally, I dont consider teaching technology a dream. I'm all teached out. I could care less that someone I know is having problems with something THEY bought with THEIR own money and DONT know what/how to use it. I'll point someone in the direction to where they can get the help they need; but I'm the last one they could think to come to for "learning."

Now, because I feel that way, am I going to be shoved into the nether regions of a vacation? I've dreamt of vacationing in Rome. Posting about it isn't going to get me there.

The OP said thanks for not making me feel dumb, but I think it's dumb to think that all you should get out of something you post is a bunch of people who see things you're way and then feeling offended because someone said the opposite.
    07-05-08 11:46 AM
    i really dont feel like starting this all over again...but there was a lot more that was said that you did not read due to the mods removing his insulting and terribly rude posts to myself and other members that posted on here.

but you did not see all that

furthermore, i dont expect everyone to agree with me and i dont expect myself to agree with what everyone posts on here. if you dont agree with the poster, that is fine. but that does NOT give you to right to post rude and insulting comments.

i have respect for others and an old saying comes to mind "if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything at all"
    Last edited by locciola17; 07-05-08 at 12:42 PM.
    07-05-08 12:39 PM
    I agree with the OP, I think that would be a great job! I love my BB, and watching people realize what their Berries are capable of is fun (for me!). I've had quite a few friends convert to BB and I've really enjoyed showing them things. If you do start a BB Academy, can I be the Canadian consultant? (After Kevin, of course.)
    07-05-08 07:15 PM
    Hello can you help me?? My 8130 Pearl is acting completely nuts. The sure type tech stopped working I have to press the key once or twice to get the appropriate letter. It is shutting down on its own, and the latest is receiving texts in triplicate. I think it's a virus. This started a week ago with the keypad, then shutting itself down. Do you know why this is taking place, or how to fix it? Thank you! Be well in your travels. Red
    03-20-09 08:39 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";