I am a Blackberry guy, I have the 9930 and the Playbook. I have been patiently waiting for the 2.0 update, but I have always been happy with the Playbook from the beggining. There are a couple things that cannot change with an update, one of them being size. I broke down and bought a 10 inch touchpad for a player price I couldnt pass up. I basically wanted to keep it around the house for movies and things that a larger screen would be good for. But this thing sucks, i mean what do I have to do to play a movie...I see why they stopped making this. Its nice to get skype on but thats it. If ease of use is important and it is to me, Blackberry has done a great job. SO all I want is Playbook to make a 10 inch and get skype and im happy......I love the 7 inch when I'm leaving the house but a 10 inch for lounging on the couch or in the bed.......anyone wanna buy a touchpad?
    02-12-12 10:36 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM[/YT]
    02-12-12 11:09 AM
    I am a Blackberry guy, I have the 9930 and the Playbook. I have been patiently waiting for the 2.0 update, but I have always been happy with the Playbook from the beggining. There are a couple things that cannot change with an update, one of them being size. I broke down and bought a 10 inch touchpad for a player price I couldnt pass up. I basically wanted to keep it around the house for movies and things that a larger screen would be good for. But this thing sucks, i mean what do I have to do to play a movie...I see why they stopped making this. Its nice to get skype on but thats it. If ease of use is important and it is to me, Blackberry has done a great job. SO all I want is Playbook to make a 10 inch and get skype and im happy......I love the 7 inch when I'm leaving the house but a 10 inch for lounging on the couch or in the bed.......anyone wanna buy a touchpad?
    Cool. Hang on, I know OS2 is around the corner, and I'm pretty sure a 10" PB is coming. Can't say about Skype, but who knows.
    02-12-12 11:18 AM
    Yeah, I wasnt thinking of it as a replacement, but I did think it would be a better in home replacement especially at the price...maybe I'll spend the day and find out how to dual boot android. Honestly im not realy interested in putting in the work on stuff i can do OTA on the PB......craigslist here we come!
    02-12-12 11:21 AM
    Fyi,

I have both. Flash the touchpad with Android . It is painless and pretty easy using cynogenmod --- And Android is very stable.

Keep the Touchpad as a backup. If you do need to offload it - gimme a shout . Depending on the price I could pick it up. I use them for developing on Android! If you needhelp flashing it Android just shout.

Ed.
    02-12-12 12:25 PM
    Head over to www.webosnation.com to get more info on how to use your touchpad, the people there are great, its crackberry for webos users. Or hey, depending on price I could take it off your hands, I've wlays loved webos and it would go great with my pre3.
    02-12-12 12:43 PM
    I'll give you $50.00 for it, you pay shipping, and provided you have all the original paperwork, the carton/packaging, and it looks as new with zero flaws....not so much as a fingerprint on her.
    02-12-12 12:46 PM
    I been trying to to put android on it all day.....I'm not that smart
    KermEd likes this.
    02-12-12 12:50 PM
    It takes some work, but once it's on there its worth it
    02-12-12 03:38 PM
    I just gave the TouchPad to hubby this morning. Poor little device was just collecting dust.
    02-12-12 03:42 PM
    I tried the Samsung 10" tablet, the one which they were sued over by Apple. Well for starters Apple had a point as the icons and interface were lifted straight from Apple, but the darn thing was so laggy and sketchy that it didn't hold a candle to the PB or the iPad
    Apple should have let the thing be sold, just so that people would realise that Apple is Apple and the rest (barring PB) are just posers.
    02-12-12 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD