So i'm in my basement returning a screw driver to his home when (i always think my phones going off) i take my Pearl out of my pocket and very slowly slips out of my hand (like slow-mo matrix sh@t) and drops onto a cement floor with saw dust all over it

I pick it up and i got my first scrap on the top left Sad night then my girl calls and i tell her i dropped my phone for the first time and she just laughed at me.

Now i have no choice but to get a new phone
    08-01-08 07:52 AM
    Ouch!! I know how you feel

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 07:56 AM
    Yeah, man! That sucks

I remember when I got my minor scratch on my LCD lense... but now I am over it. It adds character to my Berry and it is not very noticeable

And, are you seriously gonna get a new one hahaha

And how bad was the damage?
    08-01-08 07:56 AM
    This thread needs pictures. sorry to hear about your phone....
    08-01-08 08:15 AM
    Been there, felt that
    08-01-08 08:20 AM
    I'll post pictures when i get an extra camera. Yeah i want the Curve anyway but i might just wait for the Thunder from down under.....
    08-01-08 08:23 AM
    my heart broke the first time i scratched my baby. i thought to myself, "i dont deserve you..." i've been forgiven though, no one else out here to charge it, so it needs me- and i need the berry. we just keep it moving now and added an extra layer of protection
    08-01-08 08:26 AM
    I dropped mine in the first 3 days I had it, I had it in my lap and got out the car.....but Lyla forgave me, she's pretty tough...it hurt me more than it hurt her!
    08-01-08 08:36 AM
    then my girl calls and i tell her i dropped my phone for the first time and she just laughed at me.

Now i have no choice but to get a new phone

I thought that was going to say that now you had to get a new girlfriend
    Ah, don't worry. You think that's bad? Check this out- I had just gotten my Pearl 8120 in March, and loved it. Best phone I've ever had. I thought I was very careful with it, but then found a small scratch on the lens cover (probably made by putting the phone in my pocket next to my keys.. doh).

Anyway, it really wasn't that bad a scratch, but being OCD about stuff like that, I tried to buff it out with some toothpaste on a rag...that didn't work, so I moved onto a dremel with plastic polisher. That took the scratch off, but it also buffed it down too much, and now the lense looked messed up and uneven. LOL Darn!#@#$ So then I looked at the DIY video of opening up the Pearl case, and it seemed easy to replace the lense cover, so I ordered up a new lense cover from fleabay and attempted to replace it. After getting the old lense off, I realized that it is held on only by way of a thin layer of double sided adhesive tape. My new lense cover didn't have this tape on it, so I couldn't even put my new lense on right, and it would let in dust and wouldn't stay on!!@#$ To top that off, when I tried to screw the phone back together, I also overtightened 2 of the 4 torx screws, and ended up snapping the heads of those screws clear off, and then couldn't back the screws out of course!! So due to my stupidity, I end up having to send it back to RIM to repair it at MY COST (a repair is $190..doh!).

Good ending however- After a month of waiting, I started calling RIM, and at first they said the phone was repaired and ready to be shipped. A few days later, no phone, so I called again... now they say they never got the phone! This went back and forth for weeks- first they say the had the phone and then they said they never got it (even after I gave them the FedEx tracking number for the delivery with the correct address where they told me to ship it). Finally, after 6 or 7 service calls, they finally had a manager call FedEx and told me that FedEx sent it to the wrong place, and the phone is lost, so they credited me with a replacement for no charge. yay! So I'm back to business finally after almost 2 months without my Blackberry! Morale of story- don't be OCD with your phone and try to fix it yourself!
    Last edited by dknyberry; 08-01-08 at 08:50 AM.
    I hate it when that happens...... I can't believe your gf laughed at you - she obviously doesn't have a blackberry!

08-01-08 08:49 AM
    i m touching wood man , never happened to me yet .... but that will drive me nuts!!!!! i will definitly get a new phone

i think my subconscious will drop my phone as soon as the bold is released lol
    08-01-08 08:50 AM
    That sucks man. I drop my Curve what seems to feel like all the time. Mostly I drop it onto my desk while I'm at work and the skins always on it so I'm never too worried.
    08-01-08 09:24 AM
    Berries will take quite the beating and just keep on pushin. If the only damage is cosmetic get a rubber or hard case and move on.

08-01-08 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";