There is no doubt that many of the posters that attack BlackBerry have a combination of insecurity, regret, and/or the need to feel superior. These posters seem to base their self esteem on their phone or tablet. But that sword is double edged. Often, in the middle of a discussion, someone will voice their opinion in an intelligent, non attacking way and it is the BlackBerry users that come across as the insecure ones.
    Not necessarily agreeing on the regret part or insecurity and while I do not feel superior nor do I believe I need to be simply because one of my phones has an Apple on it, there are more than enough BB people here who hate on Apple and Droid any chance they get and attack anyone else who disagrees. I selected the phone that fit my needs. For me, it was an iPhone PLUS a BB. For others, it may be a BB plus a Playbook. For another, it may be a Jitterbug.

Like you said, the road goes both ways.
    11-22-11 12:26 PM
    I think the trolling has gone down quite a bit in the last few months. I liked the first post in that it separates objective ex-BB users from ones who flame others and try to cause trouble. Some of the posts in this thread however lump us all into one category. As was already said, you should not have to worship at the BB throne to be here. Being on the internet for many is viewed as a license to be a ****, despite which platform for phones they like!

I will agree that I come back here a lot because it is a great site and very active. I also hope to see RIM make some big moves that will put them in front in most categories. I would not hesitate to come back if the right things happen. In the meantime, I come here and interact, discuss and help if possible. Not using a BB daily should not exclude me, and if so, ban me now.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-22-11 12:43 PM
    Having a difference of opinion or providing constructive criticism is different than "trolling". I rarely see a "RIM sucks" post here on CB, to be honest. I see more absolute hate toward other devices than I do toward RIM half the time. Let's be fair.

I no longer use a BlackBerry, but I've enjoyed this community very much over the last year. I am over at TiPb a lot more now, but I do still enjoy coming to CB.
    Last edited by moiselles; 11-22-11 at 02:00 PM.
    11-22-11 01:53 PM
    What I don't get is why people feel their opinion matters....We, as the masses, don't seem to care about what other people are saying, we are just waiting for our turn to talk.

Just give me the most accurate and correct info at the moment....and the **** with trolls.
    11-22-11 02:56 PM
    I think some people that have left BlackBerry for other devices wish they could come back but they are stuck with a phone they don't want and the carrier contract terms.
    anon(73368) and Jake2826 like this.
    11-22-11 03:42 PM
    I love this website and I have received and given assistance to fellow CrackBerry users which has been awesome. However, I wondered why people that used to have BlackBerry devices still hang around here and spew their hate on BlackBerry.

I'm not talking about the objective former users that are gone for good or BlackBerry users that may come back some day, like I did. These people often contribute to an honest conversation and have insight into other devices I think we mostly welcome at CrackBerry. I can think of a couple of pretty cool ones right off the top of my head.

I'm talking about the haters that have to attack any thread that says anything positive. Any comment that a fellow CrackBerry user makes praising something about BlackBerry is followed with a spiteful attack on BlackBerry by these people.

I figured out why. I said it above. This is an awesome website. The forums, the prompt and honest information (sometimes brutally honest) posted by the crew running it just make it the best place to know what is happening on BlackBerry land.

Maybe they also feel that they lost a little something when they left BB. I left myself for the latest and greatest and found myself missing my BB. Yes, even if it crashed and did not have the super OS7 web and youtube experience I came back for the Torch 9800. I decided that the positives out weighed the negatives and some of it was just a feeling. I just wanted to have a BlackBerry.

With BB it has always been a love hate relationship for me. It does some things so well that I just can't believe it and it sucks so bad at others that I think about flying it against the wall sometimes. However, when I look around it still seems to be the right phone for me. I love it and I just can't see using anything else. It is kind of strange, since I try to be logical about things but when I see my Bold 9930 on my desk, it just feels right. Better than anything out there for me (and I have had everything else).

So, haters, I guess you are here to stay, but so are we. The few, the proud, the members of the BlackBerry Legion.

Long live BlackBerry and CrackBerry!
    guerllamo7,
    I think-actually I know that your comments in ths post you started share the seniment of a great many of us by the number of Thanks and Likes you have received in agreement including myself.

It is a shame that there are people that spew this hatred to get things stirred up by I believe that when they go over to a non BB deice whether the devicethe go to ia a bonfied good device or average they just think that their new device is the greatest.

I suppose that 2 years with a flawless Tour and now my beloved 9930 Bold I like you am notgoing anywhere and try to be open and honest with my assistance I offer and give to my fellow friends that I share this website Blog with.

I believe that CB just keeps getting better and better because of people like you and all the many others who contribute here on a regular basis. Also let us not forget the ones that started this Blog to bekin with.... Kevin and Adam and the many too many to mention but we recognize you all mods included.

I am happy to be a part of such a deverse group of worldwide people who will always out number the haters and as long as we fellow CB members never forget this and let the mods do their thing and allow with suggestions for Kevin and his group to constantly improve it... Well what else can be said but all of us stick together and continue to help each and every member looking for advice.

Lets just hope the new commers learn the word "Search First Before Posting" and well will be fine.....

Thanks for your post.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-22-11 07:04 PM
    Having a difference of opinion or providing constructive criticism is different than "trolling". I rarely see a "RIM sucks" post here on CB, to be honest. I see more absolute hate toward other devices than I do toward RIM half the time. Let's be fair.

I no longer use a BlackBerry, but I've enjoyed this community very much over the last year. I am over at TiPb a lot more now, but I do still enjoy coming to CB.
    I agree with the first part of your posting here and for the last part, There is nothing whatsoever wrong with coming here with your BB or now your iPhone. At least you know what the ground rules and postings is all about and respect what CB is all about.

I own a 9930 but I go to TIPB from time to time just because I love technology period and enjoy reading about IMHO a great phone as well and as I stated my opinion. I love reading about all the new technology coming to all devices.
    11-22-11 07:10 PM
    I understand the point the OP and others are making. But how many threads about "trolls" do we need?

Yikes.
    I'm waiting for threads to pop up complaining about the people making threads about complaining about trolls. The servers may explode.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-22-11 07:42 PM
    I'm waiting for threads to pop up complaining about the people making threads about complaining about trolls. The servers may explode.
    Let me light the fuse: I'm lying to you now.

Edit: Uh-oh, I think it's already starting.
    Last edited by 18to7fiddy; 11-22-11 at 08:07 PM.
    11-22-11 07:46 PM
    There are already several of those lol. Check out the PB forums specifically.
    11-22-11 07:47 PM
    There are already several of those lol. Check out the PB forums specifically.
    Oh geeze lol..... I'll have to go check those out ha ha ha.
    11-22-11 08:04 PM
    The little spat was deleted, the 2 participants know who they are and they need to CUT IT OUT!!!!

And yes we have way WAY too many of these type thread!!!!

11-22-11 08:09 PM
    I regularly visit AC and tipb just to see what's going on in the rest ofnthe smartphone world. If you look through the forums you don't see the amount trolling that you see here.
    11-22-11 08:20 PM
    Very good post. I fully agree here. The whole "I" nickname thing is very old and childish. The same thing as people calling others trolls merely because they don't agree with the masses and voice and opposite opinion. Then they see what device or devices they own and immediately call them a forum trouble maker when it isn't the case. As another poster said earlier I have not seen anyone say "Blackberry Sucks" more or less they disagree and then are attacked by the hardcore RIM Fans pretty harshly in most cases.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-22-11 08:25 PM
    Very good post. I fully agree here. The whole "I" nickname thing is very old and childish. The same thing as people calling others trolls merely because they don't agree with the masses and voice and opposite opinion. Then they see what device or devices they own and immediately call them a forum trouble maker when it isn't the case. As another poster said earlier I have not seen anyone say "Blackberry Sucks" more or less they disagree and then are attacked by the hardcore RIM Fans pretty harshly in most cases.
    +1 for your post. It seems that you hit the nail on the head. I personally own and use my BB9000, as well as my iPhone. That qualifies me to be on this forum. I believe that there are a lot more "haters" within this website, than on TiPb. That being said, i sometimes feel compelled to retaliate, when i feel that i'm being baited. I do apologize if i sometimes come on too strong, but i'll blame that on my Irish nature. My great-grandfather came to America, and was sent to France during WWI. He was severely reprimanded by his Company Commander, because he urged his fellow "doughboys" to shoot at the Brits, and not the Germans. I guess that i can get "snarky" too, sometimes.Slainte!
    Chrisy and Accidental Post like this.
    11-23-11 08:52 AM
    A troll is someone who takes the thread off topic or tries to insight negativity/arguments or spews hateful/unrelated statements. A troll is not someone who has a difference of opinion related to the thread, even if they are one sided / fanboyish. If a thread is about RIM quality, etc and someone has a negative opinion, it is not trolling. The problem I see is that threads are not started with the intent to discuss RIM vs. others and people pop in and make it such. That is trolling.

If you start a thread about RIM quality or RIM compared to others and someone barks RIM stinks or other platforms are way better, that is not trolling and you asked for opinions by starting the convo. If you don't like negativity towards RIM, don't look at those threads.

A thread about how RIM could improve however is different. Off topic statements or flaming are trolling and should be taken care of, and lately I see the mod's taking good care of those situations. I give them a thumbs up. I just think many of you want BB negativity to be wiped from CrackBerry, and in that case you are not using the right terms and I feel like you want your choice validated by nothing but positive press. Good luck with that. I think the forum is managed well lately. There are a lot of BB improvement, quality, comparison threads. I think that is the nature of things until RIM is viewed differently and makes a stronger showing from a marketing perspective.
    Chrisy and moiselles like this.
    11-23-11 09:13 AM
    A troll is someone who takes the thread off topic or tries to insight negativity/arguments or spews hateful/unrelated statements. A troll is not someone who has a difference of opinion related to the thread, even if they are one sided / fanboyish. If a thread is about RIM quality, etc and someone has a negative opinion, it is not trolling. The problem I see is that threads are not started with the intent to discuss RIM vs. others and people pop in and make it such. That is trolling.

If you start a thread about RIM quality or RIM compared to others and someone barks RIM stinks or other platforms are way better, that is not trolling and you asked for opinions by starting the convo. If you don't like negativity towards RIM, don't look at those threads.

A thread about how RIM could improve however is different. Off topic statements or flaming are trolling and should be taken care of, and lately I see the mod's taking good care of those situations. I give them a thumbs up. I just think many of you want BB negativity to be wiped from CrackBerry, and in that case you are not using the right terms and I feel like you want your choice validated by nothing but positive press. Good luck with that. I think the forum is managed well lately. There are a lot of BB improvement, quality, comparison threads. I think that is the nature of things until RIM is viewed differently and makes a stronger showing from a marketing perspective.
    This. You said everything perfectly and it is exactly how I feel. Thank you.
    11-23-11 09:33 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD