I'd say 95% of the Android users are excited about the Priv. And maybe 15% of Apple users. And here we are, the 1% of the market, half angry, half excited refusing to go to that party. It seems like John chen and his executives went from being on the nerd table to going to the cool kids table.

It's going to be sad when we finally see blackberrys out of the wild and here we will be with our legacy devices protesting for the change. When all chen had to do was add Google Play Services *facepalm*

I guess I love my passport silver edition that much but sucks to think I will eventually have to switch to android...

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-31-15 02:36 AM
    I have both a Z30 and an LG G4 and i love both the devices. Android is a great OS and the Priv owners are going to be lucky to get such a great phone.
    howarmat likes this.
    10-31-15 07:35 AM
    Where are your numbers coming from?
    10-31-15 08:23 AM
    Where are your numbers coming from?
    From the world mobile customer satisfaction association

�\_(ツ)_/�

I read the comments section on youtube, BlackBerry sites...the f*** do I know?!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 10:23 AM
    When all chen had to do was add Google Play Services *facepalm*
    Right. And you'd be living in a mansion in the hills... and all you'd have to do is get Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg to give you $100M.

Google Play Services belongs to... GOOGLE! Other companies don't get to just take it as they like and put it on their devices. Companies that want it for their devices have to license it from Google, and there are rules and restrictions of that license, one of which is that the phone must be running Android and only Android. Another is that the implementation of Android has to pass a bunch of compatibility tests (which BB10's runtime would fail). The company must also be an OHA member, and follow OHA rules.

In other words, it was never possible for Chen or anyone else to "add Google Play Services" to BB10. This was well understood back in 2010 when BB bought QNX and decided to make their own OS and ecosystem - they eventually succeeded in the former but failed spectacularly in the latter. But their failure doesn't mean they simply get to steal from another company and use that company's property to compete against them.
    JeepBB, cribble2k and TGR1 like this.
    10-31-15 11:18 AM
    How about we wait for the Priv to actually come out, get Bla1ze's review and see the product for itself. It might be more BB10 than some realize. I am all for innovation and have been impressed with the Passports and like the OS10. The Priv to me is genius, incorporating the touch, PKB, Edge design and the much needed Google Play to help level the playing field. Now the onus is on BlackBerry to show that it can make great phones. Phones r usually replaced after 2-3 years anyway. My Classic, Z10 s and Q10 have been serving me well. So I am fine with the fact that we have another product coming up taking BlackBerry to the next level.

Posted via Classic
    10-31-15 12:20 PM
    95% of Android users are not excited about the Priv.
    Bbnivende, cribble2k and TGR1 like this.
    10-31-15 01:20 PM
    Right. And you'd be living in a mansion in the hills... and all you'd have to do is get Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg to give you $100M.

Google Play Services belongs to... GOOGLE! Other companies don't get to just take it as they like and put it on their devices. Companies that want it for their devices have to license it from Google, and there are rules and restrictions of that license, one of which is that the phone must be running Android and only Android. Another is that the implementation of Android has to pass a bunch of compatibility tests (which BB10's runtime would fail). The company must also be an OHA member, and follow OHA rules.

In other words, it was never possible for Chen or anyone else to "add Google Play Services" to BB10. This was well understood back in 2010 when BB bought QNX and decided to make their own OS and ecosystem - they eventually succeeded in the former but failed spectacularly in the latter. But their failure doesn't mean they simply get to steal from another company and use that company's property to compete against them.
    Regardless of whether it's googles property, bringing Google services to bb10 benefits Google and makes them money. Blackberry users would be buying their movies, music, apps and games.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 03:38 PM
    95% of Android users are not excited about the Priv.
    Have you seen the comments? The only reason they are not excited about is the price. Most of them want it and really want one.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 03:39 PM
    Don't turn this to a price whine... Just a reminder.
    hplovecraft and Prem WatsApp like this.
    10-31-15 03:42 PM
    Have you seen the comments? The only reason they are not excited about is the price. Most of them want it and really want one.

Posted via CB10
    Don't be ridiculous, the reason most Android users are not excited about the Priv is they have never heard of it. Some of those who have will be put off by the Blackberry name which they associate with BB OS 7 and their employer.
    10-31-15 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am an Android user. I don't think the Priv is overpriced.

The reason I'm not interested in it is because: I don't care for sliders, and I don't want a physical keypad.

If the Priv were available in the form factor of the Z30 with updated hardware and Android rather than BB10, then I'd consider it.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-31-15 04:01 PM
    Have a beer and enjoy the party!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-31-15 04:03 PM
    How about we wait for the Priv to actually come out, get Bla1ze's review and see the product for itself. It might be more BB10 than some realize.
    It can never be that - Google would never license it or allow its release - we are now at the stage where we know what we getting because of the multiple leaks and now comments from actual users - we are getting a largely stock android phone with a handful of BBRY apps that attempt to mimic some features from BB10 but (AFAIK) never break with Android's guidelines.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-31-15 04:17 PM
    Regardless of whether it's googles property, bringing Google services to bb10 benefits Google and makes them money. Blackberry users would be buying their movies, music, apps and games.

Posted via CB10
    You're not getting it. Google wouldn't let BB license Google Play. You HAVE to be running FULL Android and then get a license. In fact, even AOSP projects like CyanogenMod cannot distribute Google Play Services with their builds. You have to flash it separately.

BB was never going to legally get Google Play on any BB10 phone.

The fact that it would make Google money is neither here nor there. Google just doesn't allow it.

EDIT: If you're saying that BB10 with Google Play Services would have been great, then you're right. I would have loved to have full Google Play services on my Passport. Unfortunately, that was never an option for BB.
    Laura Knotek and TGR1 like this.
    10-31-15 04:27 PM
    "95% of Android users have no.idea what a Priv is."

Fixed it.
    10-31-15 04:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are assuming that the millions and millions of people that own an Android device are excited about the price. I would say that 95% of Android users around the world don't even know of the Priv's existence. You are looking at Android forums which are a small percentage of people who actually use an Android device.
    rthonpm likes this.
    10-31-15 10:05 PM
    You are assuming that the millions and millions of people that own an Android device are excited about the price. I would say that 95% of Android users around the world don't even know of the Priv's existence. You are looking at Android forums which are a small percentage of people who actually use an Android device.
    Ha, I'd say still enough to potentially sell millions of devices... just a few tiny percent out of over a billion users.... enough for BBRY to break a sales record....

:-D

 Privs for the Privates... go and sell, General Chen! This is a command! ;-) 
    11-01-15 01:48 AM
    Ha, I'd say still enough to potentially sell millions of devices... just a few tiny percent out of over a billion users.... enough for BBRY to break a sales record....

:-D

 Privs for the Privates... go and sell, General Chen! This is a command! ;-) 
    Agreed.
    11-01-15 03:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Most?

Most Android users probably have no idea what the Priv is.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Cashgap likes this.
    11-02-15 01:06 AM
    Google Trends for the USA in the last 30 days show about four times more interest in the Nexus 5x than the PRIV.

The Lumia 950 garners about the same interest as the PRIV.

Do not expect miracles , expect a device that will sell about as much as the Classic and Passport together.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 02:00 AM
    It will sell more than that, probably double of the passport and classic put together.
    11-02-15 02:49 AM
    But it will definitely not sell in the same league as nexus devices. And it's not marketed do to so because the people at blackberry aim for smaller segments of the market, and that's the best decision in my opinion.
    11-02-15 02:52 AM
    The thing is that the general public see blackberry as a dead entity and that's why they need to aim for particular segments of the market to slowly re-acquire the trust of the public. But there is no way for them to rush to success because of that damaged brand image.
    11-02-15 02:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    95% is still too high a number

The comments i have seen probably relate to small fraction of the Android community.
    i'm thinking you're lucky to say that 15% of the Android users would be excited about the Priv.

Keep in mind the vast majority of Android users are simply smartphone users, who do not look at each device and only look at whats available when its time to upgrade.

If you're talking Android enthusiasts, then i'd say that would be a high percentage. but even then i'd say 70% or so
    11-02-15 04:01 AM
38 12