I was thinking the same thing. What purpose did they have making that statement? What good could ever come out of it? This should have been done behind closed doors with only the people that really need to know.
    They had to set some context around Prem Watsa's departure from the board. He's has been a very high profile investor and had he just quit the board without explanation it would have been a serious blow to investor confidence.

Remember, selling BlackBerry is only one of a few options. Taking the company private is another option, and one that isn't necessarily in Watsa's best interest.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    08-19-13 09:13 PM
    Could BB sell themselves to a private equity firm like Prem Watsa's Fairfax financial or is that very unlikely????
    08-19-13 09:20 PM
    What was discussed in the boardroom that led to this decision, we may never know. The intentions behind the announcements as well as the timing thereof are not crystal clear for now but the board must know what the possibilities are. I for one don't beleive an outright sale will make sense and I don't think it will happen. There are several articles and posts on the topic (Chris did an excellent one recently). I remain confident that BlackBerry will survive as a company but more importantly as a brand.

Posted via CB10
    I think I have to chime in here and have to agree. I don't think an outright sale would make sense either as perhaps joining in partnership to strengthen two weak brands to make one strong as a whole. Blackberry is too large of a global entity to not survive and their cautious efforts protects the current financial situation. I agree I too am quite confident that blackberry as a company will survive as a brand.

Sent from my SGH-I957R using CB Forums mobile app
    08-19-13 09:29 PM
    Could BB sell themselves to a private equity firm like Prem Watsa's Fairfax financial or is that very unlikely????
    Fairfax could most definitely be involved if they go private. I think that's the rationale surrounding Watsa's departure; that if he were taking part in financing that process then it would be a conflict to remain on the board.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    08-19-13 11:24 PM
    I don't really care anymore. I use my Z10 with the excitement of a child at Christmas. That's all that matters. I was so excited to see bb10 come out, but now it's almost embarrassing to even talk about BlackBerry. I've defended them tooth and nail, but I've run out of steam. Everyone is so upset about the possible sale of the company, but it's looking better every time I think of it. It may be the only hope now, so let's just get it over with. It might just be the best move BlackBerry has ever made.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-19-13 11:50 PM
    BB10 is a great os and the phones are equally great. I just wish the marketing team was not so ****. That pisses me off, I now wish we had hired a different ceo. Honestly BB needed someone outside of the company to really change the culture. As well if you are reading this Frank Boulben, the keep moving campaign is totally crap. It does not pull anyone in and has failed to be catchy or do anything for the company. Alica Keys, neil gaiman, alex rodriguez all huge waste of money that could have been spent on improving the platform's ecosystem and maybe using the dollar signs to attract top name apps like instagram and netflix. All in all plz quit, I feel that you hurt the company enough with your campaign. As the great russel peter once said

Attachment 193983

Plus you just know from the way Frank expresses his ideas that he is that high-art, high-brow kind of thinker that does not suit the practicality of actually pulling Blackberry out of this rut. It's sad, really...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 12:28 AM
    I wish people would stop assuming the worst.

They're looking at strategic options, and that could wind up taking a number of forms. And if the current quarter is at all decent it may give them a little more breathing room.

The stakes are high, and it's easy to get discouraged, but they're doing everything that they're able to. The lights are still on, they're still releasing updates. Keep the faith.
    Following the latest podcast, seemed to me like the entire CB crew is seeing a sale of the company...
    08-20-13 02:32 AM
    Blackberry aimed for the high end market and didnt offer a low end product for the market.
    Q10? Extortionate price tbh.
    Q5? Still quite expensive especially for a cheap looking phone and the fact qwerty phones dont have the appeal they once dd.
    08-20-13 03:22 AM
    Every morning I wake up now to more negative news about BB.
    08-20-13 09:42 AM
    I feel deflated ... anyone else?-keep-calm-fukitol_260902-502x.jpg

Everyone, please take one or two of these asap.

Posted via the CB app on my BlackBerry Z10!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-20-13 01:49 PM
    Every morning I wake up now to more negative news about BB.
    More than there was in 2011? Really?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-20-13 01:49 PM
    Try this software patch too...it should help your deflation.

I feel deflated ... anyone else?-human-update.jpg

Posted via the CB app on my BlackBerry Z10!
    08-20-13 02:12 PM
    Really the breeze left my sale when they didn't do anything with the PlayBook. No I'm not bitter or even upset with them. I think it just made me realize that if BlackBerry sealed to exist yes my phone of choice would no longer exist but I'd get back on my feet when my upgrade was up with a different phone. I'm would just need to move on with a different phone. It would suck but I'd live.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 02:30 PM
    More than there was in 2011? Really?
    Did not really mean in comparison. Sorry if my wording was a bit weird.
    08-20-13 07:12 PM
    But this is part of the problem. Why do people feel that they need to "Tak[e] up the BlackBerry cause"? It's a phone.

I like my car, but I'm not out there in the streets telling everyone "Hey, this is a great car. You should go buy one." And when they stopped making it (which they did), I moved on. I know that I will have to buy something different when the time come. I didn't feel "deflated" or "low" or "depressed". It's a car.
    Some people carry a passion in life that includes phones and cars. The BlackBerry team is like a family, like being a part of history and they (we) are/were there!

Go BB!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 08:22 PM
    Wow ... I don't think I've ever gotten so much feedback/opinions from one post before.

I know that some of you think it's crazy that a company could effect someone's emotions, but it's no different then getting pissed off when "your team" loses. Every Sunday, during the NFL season, I watch grown men leave the bar in the WORST moods because their team didn't win. I've been supporting "team Blackberry" for a loooooong time now ... I'm allowed to get pissed off when they don't win, too. Even more so, when it looks like they're just throwing in the towel!
    Morty2264 and lorax1284 like this.
    08-21-13 12:37 AM
    Wow ... I don't think I've ever gotten so much feedback/opinions from one post before.

I know that some of you think it's crazy that a company could effect someone's emotions, but it's no different then getting pissed off when "your team" loses. Every Sunday, during the NFL season, I watch grown men leave the bar in the WORST moods because their team didn't win. I've been supporting "team Blackberry" for a loooooong time now ... I'm allowed to get pissed off when they don't win, too. Even more so, when it looks like they're just throwing in the towel!
    A good thing never dies. If your favorite band broke up then the individual members start their own groups that have a similar vibe like the original band. If your favorite actor stops playing the part your favorite comic book character (like Chrisitan bale playing Batman for example) then another actor takes the mantle and they reboot the trilogy. If your favorite football player is traded to another team then you follow him with the other team....

Life is all about change. Apple had different ceos and different product lines (some discontinued) over the years. So did Microsoft and virtually every other company on the planet. Blackberry and specifically their patented email/qwerty devices will live on in other forms in the future. There will always be a need in the market for these types of phones. Even the iphone as we know it now (or apple for that matter) will change and be very different 10 years from now. This is a time of change which causes anxiety but after experiencing BB 10 recent week I have very high hopes for the future of Blackberry. Don't listen to the noise, Just keep pounding away on that keyboard (virtual or physcial)....

peace.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-21-13 12:57 AM
    As long as my bank account, health, and family aren't feeling "deflated", I'm great. If all fails at BlackBerry I will continue using my z10 until they no longer support it. It will be until then that I will switch to whatever comes close to being the next best alternative.

Like all companies, only the best will endure seasons of change and remain dominant year after year. BlackBerry's journey through these seasons have been a long, tough, and painful one, but hopefully they endure enough to make it back into the hearts of consumers and critics. Only time will tell right? I'm rooting for them, because they've catered their BB10 os to everything I need it to be.

I'm not app motivated, because well frankly I don't play games, watch movies, or listen to music on my handheld devices. I spend time outdoors, watch a great play at a local theater, or jam out with a live band. And when I want to watch a movie, I'll watch it on my big screen TV. The most relevant app I use is Facebook which the phone has, which that alone is perfect enough for me.

Feeling deflated over an os and a tech company isn't what I care to think about really. We all have other more important things to worry about, dont we? I know I do.

Cheer up man, it's just a phone.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK, bitek and Morty2264 like this.
    08-23-13 06:05 PM
    Just enjoy your phone

Sent from Tapatalk using BlackBerry Z10
    08-27-13 05:15 AM
144 ... 456