Eh, personally, I do not care if the unfaithful find their way back home or if the unconvinced become hooked crackberry addicts. I honestly do not care what the critics say, seeing as how they do not diminish my experience and enjoyment of using a BlackBerry device. BB10, as it currently stands, is the most superior mobile OS for my needs, and I only hope it gets better.
    This thread isn't about any of that. And in the consumer market, it will not get better. Consumer-oriented service and app developers will feel very little urge to develop for this platform. I would not be surprised if some that were gearing up to do so, completely dropped those plans and diverted the resources to enhancing their existing applications (or even going with WP if they were going to hit BB10 first, initially).

I suppose it makes us feel better when others can see the same light that is lighting our own paths, as it is some sort of conformation that others agree we made the best decision. Like you are now a part of the A-Clique, or something. Outside of BBM, which hopefully will change real soon, does it really matter if you are the only BB10 user in your group?
    Mobile is not a religion to some of us, so it's about being productive and unfortunately that isn't just about PIM these days. It's also about media-oriented applications and reach (like Media Sharing, being able to manage a Tumblr Presence from your phone or having a Blogger client for your mobile devices - whatever). Much of that is accomplished via apps in mobile, which makes it important.

As for being the only BB10 user in your group - maybe not you, but for millions of others yes it matters when they're the only one that can't use a very popular service.

To the OP: Do not expect much to change now that Blackberry has practically told developers or consumer-oriented services/apps that they are no longer targeting their potential user bases.

Microsoft had it right on Windows Phone 7.0 when they said they were designing it for the consumer first. They seen where the growth was. If BB was to keep developing OS7 devices, they should have released a new Bold and Curve and ONLY the Z10 in LIMITED QUANTITIES (not mass producing them resulting in a write down) and held off on BES10 for a bit. They should have developed it as a consumer-oriented system and then added in the business bits later. This is going to work for Microsoft. RIM tried too hard to leave legacy behind while maintaining a status quo they simply couldn't. The strategy was all wrong.

That's the feeling I get when I use a BB10 device: "This device is not made for me." Despite all its issues, I didn't get that feeling on WP7/7.5 or 8. BB10 is a good OS, but it suffered from a severe case of Multiple Personality Disorder. It tried so hard to be all things to all people, to the point that it kind of falters on both ends. They really should have narrowed their focus a bit. They went way too big, and missed the mark with consumers (and business users simply aren't a majority smartphone market, and there's no way they could have forced through that many BES10/BB10 upgrades to avoid the issues they had).
    10-02-13 01:12 PM
    Type it in on google m8 should be there or ask someone here
    The irony is astonishing!

But most phone users want Apps!

What they want is whatever is the latest and most popular. Once the hype dies down, they're on to the next thing. How often do you hear/see anyone talking about Words with Friends or Scramble with Friends? The latest craze right now is Candy Crush Saga and Pet Rescue Saga. Once those die off, they'll be on to the next thing. "Phone users" don't give a crap about apps, they just care about what's the latest and greatest.

So the answer from crackberry is sell my beautiful Q10 & get an i phone or Android. Brilliant.
    Isn't that the easier, less stressful alternative to coming here complaining constantly? You're preaching to the choir. We ALL KNOW there is a lack of an app ecosystem for BB! Turning around and screaming at the choir is totally pointless when all the devs are sitting out in the pews. In other words, go complain to the app developers, not here! If you had got hold of a bad app and wanted to complain here for the purposes of warning others, by all means, gripe away. But trust that there are no app developers monitoring this forum. If there were, we'd have all the latest and greatest just like the other platforms.

Why is it called trolling when people complain how the phone/platform they spent their hard earned money on is actually SH*T and wont improve in the future?

Isn't that what forums are for?
    So, if developers refuse to make apps for the platform, that makes the platform wholesale "sh*t?" What if those developers have grudges against BB? What if they simply lack the skills and/or resources to create apps for the platform?

Dude just shut up. troll or no troll, this company is going down and we all know it.
    the apps situation is one of the cause of blackberry collapse, and i think it's fair to let it all out...

Instead of proudly stating how much cash and no debt the company has quarter after quarter, WHY DIDN'T THEY SPENT 10 or 20mio of their 2.5billion in cash making sure that the 10 biggest apps were present at launch??? it's no rocket science is it???

this company is full of pricks that were unable to make one single good decision, from hardware to marketing, it's all been sh*t.
    Yeah, let's blow $20M for developers to make FREE apps that have in-app purchases that benefit no one but the developer and HOPE that it gets people to slide money across the counter for enough of our devices to at least offset those $20M and maybe turn a profit. Makes sense. That same money would've been much more effective in a magical advertising campaign such as what Apple does; highlight the phone running cutesy apps and pretend like it's built-in on the phone.

Every BBRY device I’ve ever had was full of wonderful surprises for the first couple of weeks, but then eventually settled into simply being a valuable tool for me to use day to day.
    And that's a bad thing because...

... It seems people are more concerned about the name and popularity of the app more than the app itself. ...
    BINGORINO!!!

There are people who simply cannot get things done due to the lack of apps in BB World.

In what world does people's ability to get things done relies on a mobile app?? That must be either a really cush job or just plain pathetic. If I hired an engineering firm to build me a bridge and he pulled out a cell phone and started drafting, he'd quickly be defenestrated from the top floor. If I'm at the doctor's office and he slides out an iPhone to start giving me my diagnosis, I'm punching him in the throat.
    Last edited by tayl0rd; 10-02-13 at 03:44 PM.
    10-02-13 02:28 PM
    Coach's Eye
    Vimeo
    Flickr
    OneNote Mobile
    SkyDrive
    Nuance Dragon (to replace S Voice)
    Tumblr
    Photoshop Touch
    Google Earth
    Google Hangouts
    OfficeSuite Pro 7 (Unless BB's D2G has SkyDrive Support - Verify, Please) or Office Mobile for Office 365
    Isis Wallet (don't see it in AppWorld, but may only show up on an actual device - Verify, Please)
    Nook
    MapQuest

Just to name a few.

I'm ignoring games, and apps that I bought but no longer have installed (some of these I don't have installed, but listed because I did look for them given the state of BB's Services and App Ecosystem when I was considering a Z10).
    You're not the OP.

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    10-02-13 07:31 PM
    But he knows like me the apps ain't there!

Posted via CB10
    litig8or98 likes this.
    10-03-13 02:27 AM
    But he knows like me the apps ain't there!

Posted via CB10
    Which apps do "YOU" need?

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    10-03-13 02:47 AM
155 ... 567