I'm hopeful for BlackBerry's comeback but I also fear it because I know once Chen rebuilds BB to the company it should be more suitors with deep pockets will come knocking.

That's the beginning of the end as Chen will sell off pieces of the company to appease shareholders

Isn't that exactly what happened with sybase? Maybe I'm wrong

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 06:43 AM
    I'm hopeful for BlackBerry's comeback but I also fear it because I know once Chen rebuilds BB to the company it should be more suitors with deep pockets will come knocking.

That's the beginning of the end as Chen will sell off pieces of the company to appease shareholders

Isn't that exactly what happened with sybase? Maybe I'm wrong

Posted via CB10
    What's the other extreme though? BlackBerry just fails and disappears into nothing?
    Let's say that that is Chens end game, that would be a much better option than just letting the whole thing year itself apart.

But in any case I don't think it is, part of JC's salary comes in the form of stock, and I don't think that the market would react well to splitting BlackBerry apart, the security implications of that would be big, plus Canada definitely wouldn't like it.

BlackBerry isn't Sybase and things rarely happen the same way twice..

Check Out TechCraze
    07-31-14 07:05 AM
    They couldn't sell it the first time because the Canadian Government would block it. That's why there were no suitors. Else Apple could have bought their enterprise home run with pocket change and all the patents to boot. Also they would have acquired QNX and then Apple would have owned the auto sector.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 07:10 AM
    They couldn't sell it the first time because the Canadian Government would block it. That's why there were no suitors. Else Apple could have bought their enterprise home run with pocket change and all the patents to boot. Also they would have acquired QNX and then Apple would have owned the auto sector.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get this information from?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 01:48 PM
    As long as they keep making great devices I'll be happy.
    07-31-14 01:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. OL.
    07-31-14 02:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    There was a "report" that the government made it clear they would block a bid by Lenovo for BlackBerry. No bid was ever made and no official announcement from the Canadian Government was ever made. So did it really happen?

If Lenovo really wanted BlackBerry they would have force the government to take an official stand, and if necessary taken them to court.

But think about it what is BlackBerry? Is BlackBerry tied to some piece of property in Canada where they dig BlackBerries out of the ground?
    07-31-14 02:39 PM
    There was a "report" that the government made it clear they would block a bid by Lenovo for BlackBerry. No bid was ever made and no official announcement from the Canadian Government was ever made. So did it really happen?

If Lenovo really wanted BlackBerry they would have force the government to take an official stand, and if necessary taken them to court.

But think about it what is BlackBerry? Is BlackBerry tied to some piece of property in Canada where they dig BlackBerries out of the ground?
    That's true! It seems like lenonvo has already tried but Chen refused as he hinted in this bloomberg interview the other day

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/video/ch...fmAlp_Nag.html

But he also hinted and selling blackberry off in parts when enough value is gained

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 04:49 PM