I have been in touch with BlackBerry Tech Support lately in relation to two of my Playbooks. They were all very responsible and helpful, to the point of reminding me once every 2 days if I were too busy to respond. Something strange then happened.

I initially emailed them on disabling a PB I lost in taxi. They did it promptly upon purchase proof etc.

Then I wrote them about the camera behaving funnily in another PB and wiping/restoring did not help. They said they would send a prepaid box for repair under warranty and there would be email confirmation. I emailed them postal address and heard nothing from them since. Email reminders went unanswered and one was actually bounced back with technical error. As if they disappeared overnight.

I fear someone just pulled the plug and those helpful guys were all laid off with no notice.

FYI, I have been emailing [email protected]. Anyone still in contact with these guys?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:41 AM
    They're still there.

They're usually responsive on twitter. Try that
    01-24-14 07:51 AM
    Fwiw they also only work 9-5 Monday to Friday. And pretty sure they are split force. So they might just be overwhelmed at the moment.

Posted via CB from my LE
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-24-14 08:13 AM
    Last message from them was Jan 10.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 04:31 AM
    Yes my guess is they got laid off :0(

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 04:38 AM
    With no less than 4 email reminders and no response, it is safe to assume Playbook Support is a thing of the past. It is dead end.

I would have though BlackBerry would at least honour it's warranty obligation for even discontinued product but......

Sad.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 01:10 PM
    With no less than 4 email reminders and no response, it is safe to assume Playbook Support is a thing of the past. It is dead end.

I would have though BlackBerry would at least honour it's warranty obligation for even discontinued product but......

Sad.

Posted via CB10
    Makes me sad to read that. I'll keep pushing from my end for you.
    02-05-14 01:52 PM
    Try using a different email address to contact them. And also add delivery confirmation and read confirmation to.

I can't say a bad word about BlackBerry Tech Support. Every time I have used them, they have been excellent.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 02:36 PM

Sad.

Posted via CB10
    They may have closed your case or it closed automatically after a period of time. One an incident is closed, emails with that incident number go nowhere. Try going through the phone support again and see if you can get them to look into your incident number.

The last time I used support to deal with a bad USB port it took forever and I had similar problems with answering emails. I think at some point the support went from somewhere in the Southern USA to perhaps Indonesia. When this happened they got a lot harder to deal with. If the put you in contact with the RMA department, communication became responsive and quick again.

If your support never made it through the first level to the RMA department in the USA, you are probably going have to keep trying until you make it through to the RMA department.
    02-05-14 03:05 PM
    Good luck to you OP! I too have a playbook and dread the day that I'm no longer able to use it on a daily basis.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-05-14 03:20 PM
    I am glad to report another customer service representative (the name is Honey!) from PB Support reached out to me by email. Even called me at 2am in the morning (I am in Asia), which for obvious reasons I did not pick up.

Neither do I think being caught by wife whispering on phone in early hours to "Honey" is a good idea.

Will get in touch with her again for follow-up. At least now we know PB support is still alive and kicking.

Thx for all support and well wishes.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and JeepBB like this.
    02-09-14 10:42 AM
    That is very good news!

Don't end up in the dog house, getting your PlayBook fixed.
    02-09-14 11:01 AM