Can I buy the phone right now outright from BlackBerry? If not, why? This day isn't making a lot of sense to me. Yes, I'm pissed for a lot of reasons. I'm not interested in waiting for AT&T, or VZW or any other carrier to release a product that's already going to be in the hands of consumers elsewhere. Can I buy from another carrier outright like Rogers and the device work in the US?
    Spencerdl and AndreyLepher like this.
    01-30-13 03:33 PM
    Ok so at this time I believe that blackberry is not selling them unlocked directly as they never have and yes you can buy it from another carrier in the uk or canada and unlock it to work on the us networks; as this is what I am going to to most likely
    01-30-13 03:35 PM
    Step away from the ledge.....

US Carriers typically have extended testing
    01-30-13 03:39 PM
    You know what Americans need to get used to waiting for things! Here in Canada we are always waiting for products that are available to everyone in the US. Get used to it! for the first time you dont get something first and you all complain. This is the reality for a lot of other countries around the world so I can't say i feel bad.
    mooda, Mecca EL and BB12MX like this.
    01-30-13 03:39 PM
    Get used to it? I've been doing battery pulls for the last six months waiting on BB10. I've waited long enough. BlackBerry isn't dead so use some leverage to make it happen is all I'm saying. Don't believe the extended testing bs........
    Spencerdl and bb624 like this.
    01-30-13 03:43 PM
    Well Its been said all along that the release dates for the Z10 depend on the carriers. Maybe thats who you need to complain to.
    ctuffy likes this.
    01-30-13 03:46 PM
    You know what Americans need to get used to waiting for things! Here in Canada we are always waiting for products that are available to everyone in the US. Get used to it! for the first time you dont get something first and you all complain. This is the reality for a lot of other countries around the world so I can't say i feel bad.
    No, the problem is that if the GS4 (1920x1080 resolution rumor and probably quad core) comes out a few weeks after BB10, BB10 is screwed in the USA. It's not about me.
    01-30-13 03:48 PM
    Well Its been said all along that the release dates for the Z10 depend on the carriers. Maybe thats who you need to complain to.
    Right you are. Email and complain and then wait. That's all you can do if you want a Z10.
    01-30-13 03:48 PM
    Don't believe the extended testing bs........

You don't have to believe it.... doesn't mean its going to stop happening though....
    01-30-13 03:49 PM
    Get used to it? I've been doing battery pulls for the last six months waiting on BB10. I've waited long enough. BlackBerry isn't dead so use some leverage to make it happen is all I'm saying. Don't believe the extended testing bs........
    what leverage?
    get real. Blackberry have absolutely no sway over US carriers!
    battery pulls for six months? there are some people in the UK & US alike who have waited twice as long as you if not longer.
    29 days is all you have to wait. maybe shorter, maybe longer.
    Funny when the estimates put actual phones estimated to be released as mid feb to March, everything was fine, but now its not ok because a loyal market gets it first.
    01-30-13 03:49 PM
    what leverage?
    get real. Blackberry have absolutely no sway over US carriers!
    battery pulls for six months? there are some people in the UK & US alike who have waited twice as long as you if not longer.
    29 days is all you have to wait. maybe shorter, maybe longer.
    Funny when the estimates put actual phones estimated to be released as mid feb to March, everything was fine, but now its not ok because a loyal market gets it first.
    Let's not get into "our market" vs "your market". We are all BlackBerry fans - no need to create resentments. RIM would not try to play favourites with something like this - it has everything to do with the carriers. Why would RIM snub its largest market? Their duty is to shareholders ... period.
    01-30-13 03:53 PM
    Every time I bought something brand new (brand new model car, computer, dishwasher....) I was plagued with problems commonly experienced with brand new stuff. By waiting a month, my Canadian and UK friends will be able to work out the bugs for me. <<<<really trying to stay positive here>>>>>
    01-30-13 03:54 PM
    I don't mind waiting, but the 2 month wait is a little disappointing. It doesn't matter who's fault it is (there's probably at least a little on both sides), we just have to wait. Maybe we need an official "Complain About the US Release Delay" where people can rant together instead of having 5-10 threads about this.
    rjkolo and 416to604 like this.
    01-30-13 03:56 PM
    This is one of those times where I believe Blackberry did everything they could to get the carriers to release the phones at the same time.
    When they were confident they had the phones completed they would have sent them to all their carriers for testing. Would you have preferred they make the rest of the world wait while the US carriers finish? The UK was set to go and Canada will have Phones on the 5th.
    What else would you have Blackberry do?
    01-30-13 03:57 PM
    Look folks.........The longer BlackBerry has a availability delay, whether it's BlackBerries fault or not, the more current BlackBerry users switch, and BlackBerry looses in the end. It's about making money and being in strategic positions to do so. The Super Bowl is Sunday and it's being played in the biggest market in the world. This device is going to have 30 second slots to show off but when someone says "wow, I like that, where can I get it?" What's the answer? The UK? Canada? This platform has seen it's share of delays. This will hurt the company more than folks outside of the US may ever realize. Samsung is about to release another phone. We in (BlackBerry-US) need to be well ahead of that to ensure the best chance of having solid traction. Some folks current BlackBerries are literally falling apart!!!! THEY CANNOT WAIT!!! For some of us, a smartphone is a mandatory item for work. We need something that's modern. That time is now. I want BlackBerry to succeed but sweet baby jesus, today is not going right......in the biggest market in the world.
    travaz likes this.
    01-30-13 04:05 PM
    I'm getting real sick of all the anti American sentiment here on CrackBerry.

I'm American and surely am not spoiled in any way shape or form.

I support my family by working hard through a downtrodden economy and sometimes have difficulties making ends meet.

But I am spoiled and "need to wait" and "get use to it"

I sense a lot of hatred ...you make Canada look bad how's that?

I am to be punished because the U.S usually "gets things before you" lol if I didn't know any better from your picture I'd swear you were a child.

Get a grip buddy you make yourself look foolish.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    jimpilot, zeteo, travaz and 2 others like this.
    01-30-13 04:07 PM
    Look folks.........The longer BlackBerry has a availability delay, whether it's BlackBerries fault or not, the more current BlackBerry users switch, and BlackBerry looses in the end. It's about making money and being in strategic positions to do so. The Super Bowl is Sunday and it's being played in the biggest market in the world. This device is going to have 30 second slots to show off but when someone says "wow, I like that, where can I get it?" What's the answer? The UK? Canada? This platform has seen it's share of delays. This will hurt the company more than folks outside of the US may ever realize. Samsung is about to release another phone. We in (BlackBerry-US) need to be well ahead of that to ensure the best chance of having solid traction. Some folks current BlackBerries are literally falling apart!!!! THEY CANNOT WAIT!!! For some of us, a smartphone is a mandatory item for work. We need something that's modern. That time is now. I want BlackBerry to succeed but sweet baby jesus, today is not going right......in the biggest market in the world.
    Assuming it is the carriers delaying it.
    what would you suggest Blackberry do?
    sell it on the black market?
    01-30-13 04:08 PM
    I'm getting real sick of all the anti American sentiment here on CrackBerry.

I'm American and surely am not spoiled in any way shape or form.

I support my family by working hard through a downtrodden economy and sometimes have difficulties making ends meet.

But I am spoiled and "need to wait" and "get use to it"

I sense a lot of hatred ...you make Canada look bad how's that?

I am to be punished because the U.S usually "gets things before you" lol if I didn't know any better from your picture I'd swear you were a child.

Get a grip buddy you make yourself look foolish.

i realise not all americans are like the stereotype, but the ones who are do not help the cause by acting out like those stereotypes
    it makes it all the harder to dispel the image.
    i know a lot of americans, and know that not all are like that
    rjkolo, DPanacci and Mecca EL like this.
    01-30-13 04:11 PM
    Assuming it is the carriers delaying it.
    what would you suggest Blackberry do?
    sell it on the black market?
    Not the black market, make what you produced available outright if people so choose to buy it.. I don't care if it was 900. I NEED A NEW SMARTPHONE RIGHT NOW and it has to be a BlackBerry. No, I'm not yelling. Just didn't know how to highlight.
    BermudasBest likes this.
    01-30-13 04:14 PM
    Its not BB's fault. Sprint just started pushing that new Lg device and I'm sure Verizon and others have reason as well.

I'm starting to wonder if the SuperBowl ad was a waste of $$$ considering its a predominantly U.S audience and there will still be months to wait from the SuperBowl along with Samsung unveiling Gs4 in March/April.

I can wait...can't say I'm happy about it but I can wait. I do love my BlackBerry devices and I want what's best for RIM.

Its too bad the U.S carriers don't give BB10 the priority/respect but let's be honest. RIM needs to earn that back from the U.S market.

I truly hope they do get it back ,even with me being a lowly American who deserves to be punished.

01-30-13 04:20 PM
    i realise not all americans are like the stereotype, but the ones who are do not help the cause by acting out like those stereotypes
    it makes it all the harder to dispel the image.
    i know a lot of americans, and know that not all are like that
    Sorry but you can't un-ring that bell you rang. Anyone who has a post with "You know what Americans need" and "the first time you dont get something first and you all complain" has already stereotyped. And those in the USA are anxious support a Canadian company so enough with the them and us thing. It gets old real quick.
    zeteo likes this.
    01-30-13 04:20 PM
    Sorry but you can't un-ring that bell you rang. Anyone who has a post with "You know what Americans need" and "the first time you dont get something first and you all complain" has already stereotyped. And those in the USA are anxious support a Canadian company so enough with the them and us thing. It gets old real quick.
    what are you talking about? what bell did i ring?
    01-30-13 04:23 PM
    Not the black market, make what you produced available outright if people so choose to buy it.. I don't care if it was 900. I NEED A NEW SMARTPHONE RIGHT NOW and it has to be a BlackBerry. No, I'm not yelling. Just didn't know how to highlight.
    Doesnt the US carriers have to approve that still?
    i'm pretty sure the FCC has that as a minimum requirement?
    01-30-13 04:24 PM
    I don't want to wait.........period.

I think I broke the code. The dots each represent a word.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the missing words are:

"So I'm Going To Act Like I'm Getting My"
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    01-30-13 04:27 PM
    personally i dont mind waiting. We've all waited this long right? 2 more months isnt that bad compared to the last two years.
    What does irk me though is the lack of the Z10 from my carrier (Sprint).
    But thats where Verizon might come in for me.
    01-30-13 04:33 PM
61 123