I've read about splitting the message icons so I can now see both text and email messages waiting. But here's the rub: I use my Curve for personal cell phone and BUSINESS emails. At home, I'd like to be able to use the phone, but don't want my Crackberry (OCD) instincts to take over by seeing an email new message icon and automatically going to mail! Anyone know how NOT to see this icon, while still seeing my new text message icon?

And what if I were able to figure out how to get my home email messages onto my Curve - anyone know how to show the new message icon for one email address but not the other?

Am I crazy? (And if so, can you help me any way?)
    09-16-08 07:13 PM
    On the icon, press menu and select Hide.

You have to do that for each theme. There are no global changes
    for themes. But once it's done (in a theme) it's done

To get an icon back simply press menu, go to the icon, press menu
    again and the press Hide to uncheck it.
    09-16-08 07:16 PM
    Hey, thanks for the reply! I should have been more specific. I'm familiar with the hiding of the message icon.

What I WANT to do is hide the little message icon at the top of the BBerry that appears when a new mail arrives (telling my obsessive personality to go read it!).

Know how to make that not appear? Know how to make it appear for one email address and not another?

C'est impossible?
    09-18-08 08:41 PM
    You can only turn the LED off. If you are worried about that, just don't look at it then...
    09-18-08 08:45 PM
    What about going to the message options and turning off the new message indicator. That will turn it off for all of them though, not just one particular email. Another thought is going to the profiles and changing the settings for each email address you have, such as repeat notification to none, that way the led will also turn off, just a thought

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 09:24 PM
    What about going to the message options and turning off the new message indicator. That will turn it off for all of them though, not just one particular email.
    Just tried this and the only thing it does is remove the little red star
    09-18-08 09:43 PM
    Its impossible to remove the little icon (I mean just one of them). A good workaround this is to click on connections > mobile network options > data services > set it to off.

So you will receive all you personal phone calls and sms. But wont have to be really worried about email per say.

I would have said the Phone only profile but that too displays the notification.

And if these two dont work for you, rehab it is then
    09-19-08 01:33 AM
    I can handle that! Now, are there things like a button/macro I can write to replicate the steps "connections > mobile network options > data services > off"?

Thanks, Crackberries.
    09-19-08 09:49 AM
    May I suggest therapy?
    09-19-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD