I'm sittin at a Mexican restaurant right now typing this on my Q10 hearing some people talk about the new iphones and out the window I see a jeep with an apple sticker on it. It got me thinking why does everybody wanna be just like everyone else when it comes to phones? It seems like everyone craves individuality in every other aspect of life like cars, music, clothes and everything else. But everyone wants to follow the iCrowd. All positive and negative opinions welcome. Just a rant I felt I needed to get out.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 12:08 PM
    Because "Think Different" does not mean what they think it means.

? Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    spikesolie and Taigatrommel like this.
    10-20-14 12:12 PM
    I think you are mistaken that everyone wants to be an individual. More common that everyone wants to be like their peer group. This is especially true in the teen demo where Iphones have a stranglehold.
    10-20-14 12:51 PM
    Because people like accessories.

Posted via CB10
    bluegreen1965 likes this.
    10-20-14 12:51 PM
    The fact that you have to leave the restaurant just because ppl talk about a phone is more disturbing to me..
    djtim likes this.
    10-20-14 12:52 PM
    The fact that you have to leave the restaurant just because ppl talk about a phone is more disturbing to me..
    He wanted to get out his rant,lol Passport is going to take a while to see more of them and BB is in a good position right now so cross your fingers and hope everyone switches back to black,
    spikesolie likes this.
    10-20-14 12:57 PM
    U might want to read OP's post again.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    10-20-14 12:58 PM
    My question is, why would anyone care what phone someone else uses?
    early2bed likes this.
    10-20-14 12:59 PM
    I'm sittin at a Mexican restaurant right now typing this on my Q10 hearing some people talk about the new iphones and out the window I see a jeep with an apple sticker on it. It got me thinking why does everybody wanna be just like everyone else when it comes to phones? It seems like everyone craves individuality in every other aspect of life like cars, music, clothes and everything else. But everyone wants to follow the iCrowd. All positive and negative opinions welcome. Just a rant I felt I needed to get out.

Posted via CB10
    Next time keep your "rant" to yourself. Try" thinking" about that first
    10-20-14 01:00 PM
    My question is, why would anyone care what phone someone else uses?
    And why is it so hard to believe people pick the phones that are best suited for them? Would the OP be saying the same thing if he or she had an iPhone or an Android and everyone around them had shiny new Passports or Q10s?
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    10-20-14 01:09 PM
    You no grammar?

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-20-14 01:17 PM
    Next time keep your "rant" to yourself. Try" thinking" about that first
    Wow, was that necessary? He is obviously thinking about this phenomenon and wanted input from others, so he took to an online community to ask for other opinions.. if I'm not mistaken that's the whole point. This kind of attitude is what causes people to abandon the sites or stop expressing their opinion because it's met harsh and unnecessary criticism. Next time keep your harsh comments to yourself.

BB for Life
    drknobs, stevobbm and spikesolie like this.
    10-20-14 01:34 PM
    Yea sorry everyone, I was glancing over the post while on the bus. my bad.
    10-20-14 01:56 PM
    Wow, was that necessary? He is obviously thinking about this phenomenon and wanted input from others, so he took to an online community to ask for other opinions.. if I'm not mistaken that's the whole point.

BB for Life
    Yes I believe its 100% necessary. You can find these types of useless threads all over these boards. What "phenomenon" are you talking about what. That people use iphones, lots of people use them because they like them, it works for them, they have fans, you will see them all over, so what. They are popular for whatever reason, does it matter. But OP has to share his "rant" and get opinions about what may I ask. What cant he understand, what is so vexing to him?

his kind of attitude is what causes people to abandon the sites
    Couldnt agree with you more.
    10-20-14 02:01 PM
    It branding and marketing. People want what's cool and trendy to fit in or feel superior to other people.

But what happens when everyone has the cool thing? Its become the old thing and then people don't want it anymore as they become identified as followers and not keaders.

Sooo.

Yah

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 02:11 PM
    I just ask OP, would you be asking the same thing if it were BlackBerry devices that everyone was buying?
    10-20-14 02:27 PM
    http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwa...ce?language=en

It is the paradox of choice.

We hate to choose, since there could always be something better around and we have just failed to make the perfect choice.

Instead of choosing, we take the well travelled path and tell ourselves that it is good enough.

Some of us went to android, some went to windows and some are still with BlackBerry. We are deliberately limiting our choices all the time with superficial preferences that allow us to easily follow a well travelled path.

The less choice we have, the better.

We are individuals and wand to be as individual and special as possible as long we don't have to choose every single bit of it.
    All that we usually do is just narrowing our choices down to three or less.

This is what is defining you then. You have no further choice than to stick with the narrow path that you created, which others call your personal style.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails I don't understand phone trendiness-img_20141017_181800.png  
    10-20-14 02:29 PM
    He wanted to get out his rant,lol Passport is going to take a while to see more of them and BB is in a good position right now so cross your fingers and hope everyone switches back to black,
    If everyone switches "Back to Black" then won't we have people using Blackberry just because its popular? Or I guess that would be different then.....

These threads crack me up. When everyone was using a Blackberry everyone in here was thrilled and didn't mind it. Since its another platform being used people are not thinking for themselves. Interesting...
    10-20-14 02:35 PM
    Yes I believe its 100% necessary. You can find these types of useless threads all over these boards. What "phenomenon" are you talking about what. That people use iphones, lots of people use them because they like them, it works for them, they have fans, you will see them all over, so what. They are popular for whatever reason, does it matter. But OP has to share his "rant" and get opinions about what may I ask. What cant he understand, what is so vexing to him?
    I understand that these threads can get tiresome, but quite frankly I'd prefer a thread on the subject every few days, then five other threads getting off topic on this discussion. You can simply ignore these types of threads if they offer no value to you. I simply feel it is unfair to attack someone for expressing their thoughts within our community, and all to often I see, or am a victim of, this type of harsh criticism, which will lead many to retreat to only reading the site or stop visiting all together.

BB for Life
    10-20-14 02:48 PM
    Hey everybody's got run their own show, whether it's iphone, blackberry,android, or whatever .if people are into iPhones good for them. They see the same things in iPhone ,that we see in blackberry. Whatever works for them. Rantings ok, but there are better things to rant about than someone's choice of cell phone
    goodayeh likes this.
    10-20-14 04:12 PM