Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 77
Like Tree24Likes
  1. djchrisluna's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default I don't like Android multitasking

    I recently left bb10 and jumped shipped to a new lenovo droid z. Phone is fantastic and I will say the latest version of Android is as powerful as it gets. Host of features I can only dream were on bb10.

    The one thing that I just can't seem to get over is its card Rolodex style multitasking. Now I know they've included a few shortcuts like double tap square to last app and multi window screens which is awesome. That aside it still feels clunky to scroll the Rolodex to find the app you want to access. I miss the simplicity and ease of swiping back an forth to my latest apps and it's incredibly intuitive and fast gestures an shortcuts . I truly hope in the future they find a way to implement bb10 style multitask. For all Android does right multitasking imo is not one of em. Come to think of it no OS comes close all these years later I still think it's WebOS and bb10 are multitask Kings.
    FF22 likes this.
  2. Allan Milo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  

    Default

    That's been one of my biggest gripes too. If you're working on something that requires you to jump back and forth between three or four different apps, the android can be a bit frustrating.

    Posted via CB10
  3. pgg101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,070 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,392 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  

    Default

    Not sure on your device, but on my wife's DTEK50, I was able to change it from the rolodex to the square boxes you see on BB10.

    RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
  4. ibpluto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,450 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  

    Default

    There's lots of things missing in the UI that I would like to see added for better efficiency.

    -Would like to see cascades in the hub.
    -Would like to see the app tray added to the swipe up short cuts.
    -Would like to see the hub accessible to the left via a swipe to the right from home screen or active apps like BB10

    Hope BlackBerry works to try and make Android as BB10 as possible.
  5. djchrisluna's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pgg101 View Post
    Not sure on your device, but on my wife's DTEK50, I was able to change it from the rolodex to the square boxes you see on BB10.

    RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    How did you do that? I've searched everywhere and tried few apps but nothing works
  6. Jaiden's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djchrisluna View Post
    How did you do that? I've searched everywhere and tried few apps but nothing works
    Display settings, select recents
  7. thurask's Avatar

    Posts
    17,888 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,964 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djchrisluna View Post
    How did you do that? I've searched everywhere and tried few apps but nothing works
    AFAIK the square boxes is only on the BlackBerry launcher.
    stlabrat likes this.
  8. ray689's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,961 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibpluto View Post
    There's lots of things missing in the UI that I would like to see added for better efficiency.

    -Would like to see cascades in the hub.
    -Would like to see the app tray added to the swipe up short cuts.
    -Would like to see the hub accessible to the left via a swipe to the right from home screen or active apps like BB10

    Hope BlackBerry works to try and make Android as BB10 as possible.
    The hub on the left would be cool. But when you say cascades in the hub, what are you referring to in cascades that you liked?
  9. ibpluto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,450 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray689 View Post
    The hub on the left would be cool. But when you say cascades in the hub, what are you referring to in cascades that you liked?
    Eg. In a message, swipe right to get back to hub main page, swipe right from main page to get to hub sub categories. So in other words, not have to the back triangle button LOL
  10. ray689's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,961 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibpluto View Post
    Eg. In a message, swipe right to get back to hub main page, swipe right from main page to get to hub sub categories. So in other words, not have to the back triangle button LOL
    You can swipe right from the edge of the screen to get to the hub accounts and not use the triangle. In fact, many Apps have that feature including the CB app.
  11. ibpluto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,450 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray689 View Post
    You can swipe right from the edge of the screen to get to the hub accounts and not use the triangle. In fact, many Apps have that feature including the CB app.
    Mine only goes to the previous or next email depending on which way you swipe. Is there a setting to change this?
  12. ray689's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,961 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibpluto View Post
    Mine only goes to the previous or next email depending on which way you swipe. Is there a setting to change this?
    From within a message you have to use the triangle. When on the main hub view, you can swipe from the left edge of the screen to go to accounts list. It works in many other Apps as well.
  13. ibpluto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,450 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ray689 View Post
    From within a message you have to use the triangle. When on the main hub view, you can swipe from the left edge of the screen to go to accounts list. It works in many other Apps as well.
    That's the part of cascades I want back. Multi level swipe back. It just worked so well in BB10. It's lack of that which makes Android (or iOS) clunky. You need to triangle to go back in one instance but you can swipe from the edge in the other, or you hit the back arrow at top left.... Or or or..... Its why BB10 was so simple to use once you learned 4 simple gestures (up, down, left and right)
  14. Tsepz_GP's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djchrisluna View Post
    I recently left bb10 and jumped shipped to a new lenovo droid z. Phone is fantastic and I will say the latest version of Android is as powerful as it gets. Host of features I can only dream were on bb10.

    The one thing that I just can't seem to get over is its card Rolodex style multitasking. Now I know they've included a few shortcuts like double tap square to last app and multi window screens which is awesome. That aside it still feels clunky to scroll the Rolodex to find the app you want to access. I miss the simplicity and ease of swiping back an forth to my latest apps and it's incredibly intuitive and fast gestures an shortcuts . I truly hope in the future they find a way to implement bb10 style multitask. For all Android does right multitasking imo is not one of em. Come to think of it no OS comes close all these years later I still think it's WebOS and bb10 are multitask Kings.
    Takes getting used to. As a long time Android user I am perfectly efficient with it, since the Galaxy S2 days.

    1st time I see people complain about it is here at CB.

    The Palm Pre was great at multitasking but it also took some getting used to when coming from another platform, e.g. I was coming from Symbian S60 and was used to Taskman.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
  15. Allan Milo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  

    Default

    1st time I see people complain about it is here at CB.


    Makes sense. If they haven't used a BB they can't compare the two.

    Posted via CB10
  16. ibpluto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,450 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsepz_GP View Post
    Takes getting used to. As a long time Android user I am perfectly efficient with it, since the Galaxy S2 days.

    1st time I see people complain about it is here at CB.

    The Palm Pre was great at multitasking but it also took some getting used to when coming from another platform, e.g. I was coming from Symbian S60 and was used to Taskman.
    Here's my take on this. Do you get used to it... absolutely. But that's not the point. I've been on the Dtek60 for a month now. I zip around on it, love the device. But here is the thing, to say you get used to it moving from BB10 is as true as it is to say an amputee gets used to life with out a limb. Just because you get used to it, doesn't make it ideal. The reason you get the complaints on CB is because anyone that used BB10 appreciates the efficiency of the OS. We all get used to things, but that doesn't mean we should settle or it can't be improved on.

    As much as I appreciate Android and what it brings over BB10 from apps to acceptance, it pales to BB10 from UI, intuitiveness and efficiency of use.
  17. Tsepz_GP's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibpluto View Post
    Here's my take on this. Do you get used to it... absolutely. But that's not the point. I've been on the Dtek60 for a month now. I zip around on it, love the device. But here is the thing, to say you get used to it moving from BB10 is as true as it is to say an amputee gets used to life with out a limb. Just because you get used to it, doesn't make it ideal. The reason you get the complaints on CB is because anyone that used BB10 appreciates the efficiency of the OS. We all get used to things, but that doesn't mean we should settle or it can't be improved on.

    As much as I appreciate Android and what it brings over BB10 from apps to acceptance, it pales to BB10 from UI, intuitiveness and efficiency of use.
    I used a Q10, I liked how it multitasked but I never saw it as better than Android, but rather a different way to do it. At the time I had a Galaxy S4 and iPad 4, and going between them was interesting.

    It's the same with multitasking or rather the Task Switcher in my S7 Edge vs. the one in my iPad Air 2 vs. in the Q10. To me they were different takes on the same thing and I happily went between them.
    I got used to each of them, and was efficient on all of them, each had a learning curve at 1st but I got used to them.
    Fret Madden likes this.
  18. djchrisluna's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibpluto View Post
    Here's my take on this. Do you get used to it... absolutely. But that's not the point. I've been on the Dtek60 for a month now. I zip around on it, love the device. But here is the thing, to say you get used to it moving from BB10 is as true as it is to say an amputee gets used to life with out a limb. Just because you get used to it, doesn't make it ideal. The reason you get the complaints on CB is because anyone that used BB10 appreciates the efficiency of the OS. We all get used to things, but that doesn't mean we should settle or it can't be improved on.

    As much as I appreciate Android and what it brings over BB10 from apps to acceptance, it pales to BB10 from UI, intuitiveness and efficiency of use.
    This!!
  19. BBUniq01's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,586 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pgg101 View Post
    Not sure on your device, but on my wife's DTEK50, I was able to change it from the rolodex to the square boxes you see on BB10.

    RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    You can do this on the Priv too and I like it quite well.
    FF22 likes this.
  20. silversmith75's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,152 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  

    Default

    Ya I hate the way android multitasks. It's frustrating. I have an android tablet. I find if I need to do something with multiple screens I use my z30. I find android closes the pages as soon as you move to another page. I have not moved to an android phone. For the simple reason. Bb10 just does it better

    #luvmybb10os
  21. ohaiguise's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,336 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  

    Default

    Neither do I. But the 'market' has spoken and you've got no choice but to get used to it. Because iOS is even worse!

    The BlackBerry 10 gesture-based system is just wonderful.
  22. silversmith75's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,152 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohaiguise View Post
    Neither do I. But the 'market' has spoken and you've got no choice but to get used to it. Because iOS is even worse!

    The BlackBerry 10 gesture-based system is just wonderful.
    That is the frustrating part. Everyone says well the marketplace spoke they didn't want it. Well ask 10 people what they know about bb10. And I guarantee you 9/10. Will not know anything and the 1/10 will think BlackBerry went bankrupt. So to say the the marketplace spoke is not accurate the market place had know clue and bought what they were told. Bb10 is far superior to Android and ios yet people never really knew it was out there. Windows never took off because no one likes the tiles. I don't know why Microsoft keeps pushing it.

    #luvmybb10os
  23. conite's Avatar

    Posts
    16,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,517 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silversmith75 View Post
    Bb10 is far superior to Android and ios

    #luvmybb10os
    I guess I'm just too dumb to recognize this universal truth after moving from BB10 to BlackBerry Android and preferring the latter.
  24. rt2567's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Milo View Post
    1st time I see people complain about it is here at CB.


    Makes sense. If they haven't used a BB they can't compare the two.

    Posted via CB10
    I came from Android and multitasking problem on that platform pretty much the reason I moved to BB10 in 2013, it is good to see someone finally mentioned on CB.

    I noticed battery drain faster after I opened and closed applications on android (not closing app thoroughly I believe) , to solve this problem, either i had to go to the "stop running" option on the application settings or restarting the phone. Same happens on my friends' android device at present days. This is one of the many reasons make me hesitate to move onto BB Android..
  25. djchrisluna's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    I ended up buying a new white blackberry pp recently for this same reasons I've outlined. looks like for the near future I'll be using both both devices but won't use the Droid unless it's absolutely necessary. It's a great device but it's deficiencies annoy the hell out of me. Scrolling up an down the rolodex looking for the app I need is truly a jarring experience.

    Hell even windows phone does multitasking better an that's saying something. The novelty wore off for me with my droid z which I will rely on for the camera mod I got. I'll enjoy my new white pp as long as possible.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. bb os 10 android runtime
    By Dimitrif Kritschief in forum BB10 Android App Sideloading
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-28-17, 11:58 AM
  2. Text shortcuts via Physical Keyboard on BlackBerry Android
    By 1adam in forum BlackBerry Android OS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-17, 01:05 AM
  3. BB10 pdf files not compatible with android PDF apps
    By TP_bbp8 in forum BlackBerry Priv
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-17, 10:15 AM
  4. Old BB ringtones cod format: how to use on Android OS
    By Heavens1 in forum BlackBerry Android OS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-17, 08:19 PM
  5. Top 3 things you like about Mercury
    By keypad in forum BlackBerry Mercury
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-07-17, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

";