My contract is up March 10 and I have a verizon curve 8330 and love it.I want to upgrade but I don't know what to get.Im def.getting a bb.PPl are trying to talk me into droid or iphone but i think ill be a bb user for good.ive played with the new bold with the thumbpad and like it but what bb has the best os and fastest internet.I text alot,email and surf the net.I kinda want the best one for me.Is there any actual facts about a new bb possibly cuz everything i read is rumor.I'm gonna be locked in for 2 yrs and want to get the best one.thanx
    01-25-10 06:55 PM
    BB's are amazing phones for messaging & email. For smartphones, they also rule the "phone" portion of that name for me personally.

The browsing isn't the best out there (yet), but Opera mini makes it pretty good. The android phones & iphone beat it for speed and ease of use, but RIM is working on a webkit browser as well as a newly patented way of relaying and rendering information on the phone to make that even faster. But that will come out later.

As far as new BB's go, the 'real' bold replacement (dakota) should be coming out later this year, but it could be Q4 so I'd just grab the 9700 if you like it. There's always something else coming.
    01-25-10 09:53 PM
    dont even bother with the 9700. its old news. Wait for the dakota which will be coming out later this year
    01-25-10 10:03 PM
    i would wait....hahahhaha no i wouldnt. There is ALWAYS something beter coming out...wait for this wait for that. Or go grab a sweet phone now and then two years down the line get a phone that is 100 times better than the one you were going to wait for. If you keep waiting for a better phone you will never get a new one.

new curve is sick if you are looking to stay in that line. tour 2 should be out March...(I would hope) That might be your best bet there
    01-26-10 08:17 AM
    Nothing from RIM i can tell you that
    01-26-10 08:50 AM
    I too have the 8330 w/Verizon and am now currently eligible for upgrade...but quite frankly, I'm afraid to give it up for what is currently available. I just don't think the newer BB's are that much better than the one I currently have....that said, the anticipation of the Storm 3 and some of the other rumored phones coming out have my attention. So for me, I am going to sit tight and listen for now. By the second half of the year, there should be some great options for people like us!
    01-26-10 06:35 PM
    the Tour2 is round the corner.
    01-27-10 09:41 AM
    My contract is up March 10 and I have a verizon curve 8330 and love it.I want to upgrade but I don't know what to get.Im def.getting a bb.PPl are trying to talk me into droid or iphone but i think ill be a bb user for good.ive played with the new bold with the thumbpad and like it but what bb has the best os and fastest internet.I text alot,email and surf the net.I kinda want the best one for me.Is there any actual facts about a new bb possibly cuz everything i read is rumor.I'm gonna be locked in for 2 yrs and want to get the best one.thanx
    The Bold2 has serious build problems. The latest problem besides crooked track pads loose chrome trim is the keys are falling out. Its a nice phone and I still own one (not connected) but a BBs go I think the Storm2 9550 is the way to go. The screen is just so sharp and brilliant.
    01-27-10 02:54 PM
    If you are an impatient person, get the 9700. It is the best bb out there. It is reliable and fast.
    The keypad and trackpad are amazing

Are you planning on staying with verizon? If so, the Essex should be out soon.
    01-27-10 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD