they helped me with several things having to do with more than one phone, and took a lot of proactive time with me, all on BB7, helping me update to have radios and finding out why my one phone wont let me have data. *they dont care where you got the phone or how old it is.
    01-30-16 11:16 PM
    Cool, where are you located?
    01-30-16 11:24 PM
    I can attest to the same. Support is top notch.
    01-30-16 11:37 PM
    I am glad your happy with the support they have offered you. I personally have had both good and bad support from them.

My argument has always been on their warranty policies which need to change.
    01-31-16 05:05 AM
    Still rocks? Its never rocked and still doesn't to this day, but glad they helped you with your issues.
    01-31-16 05:57 AM
    Well Rock On hope you can still say that 5 years from now .
    01-31-16 07:06 AM
    Glad you had a good experience.
    01-31-16 07:29 AM
    You're one of the lucky few. Perhaps you were escalated up to Tier 2, where the real techs are.
    That's the only level where I've received excellent support.
    But getting there is a nightmare and BlackBerry Tier 1 is the worst support I've ever encountered anywhere, bar none.
    01-31-16 11:22 AM
    I have never had to call on BlackBerry support, most of my problems have been resolved thru this great online resource we have here, called Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 11:33 AM
    i was referred through atnt originally, and the follow up was they were happy to help with anything else I could mention, after the first issue was found to be a phone locked to a previous carrier that wouldnt respond. one of the risks of ebay/amazon shopping.

and to the previous poster, I am sure i will still be with BlackBerry in five years, whether or not I end up buying another BlackBerry phone. unless carriers all ban them from their accounts, which I think is totally plausible the way things are going.

so I cant decide which is my favorite phone, back on the teeny weeny curve ; ) which, BTW, accepts my nano simcard without my (lost) simcard holder. takes a fingernail to put it in and a sharp pointy thing to drag it out, so hey, lets leave it there for awhile and enjoy its smallness.

had to wipe my bold in my failed effort with BlackBerry (sigh!)

all a learning experience to be happy with what ive got...
    01-31-16 11:51 AM
    i was referred through atnt originally, and the follow up was they were happy to help with anything else I could mention, after the first issue was found to be a phone locked to a previous carrier that wouldnt respond. one of the risks of ebay/amazon shopping.

and to the previous poster, I am sure i will still be with BlackBerry in five years, whether or not I end up buying another BlackBerry phone. unless carriers all ban them from their accounts, which I think is totally plausible the way things are going.

so I cant decide which is my favorite phone, back on the teeny weeny curve ; ) which, BTW, accepts my nano simcard without my (lost) simcard holder. takes a fingernail to put it in and a sharp pointy thing to drag it out, so hey, lets leave it there for awhile and enjoy its smallness.

had to wipe my bold in my failed effort with BlackBerry (sigh!)

all a learning experience to be happy with what ive got...
    Great to know you are happy with the services. BTW where are you located.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    01-31-16 11:56 AM
    You're one of the lucky few. Perhaps you were escalated up to Tier 2, where the real techs are.
    That's the only level where I've received excellent support.
    But getting there is a nightmare and BlackBerry Tier 1 is the worst support I've ever encountered anywhere, bar none.
    Of course we are talking about tier 2 or second level and up. Tier 1 support usually isnt too great, in most companies. Tell me the last time you got good support from any North American company that redirected your help desk call to their support center in india or south america.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    01-31-16 01:02 PM
    Blackberries won't be banned specifically, but your phones might stop working (or wireless performance will degrade) as 2G and 3G networks are shut down to free up spectrum for faster wireless technologies. AT&T is shutting off their 2G network next year, and Verizon is sunsetting 2G and 3G in five years.

Also, carriers might stop supporting BIS entirely, which would render many functions of BBOS inoperable.
    01-31-16 02:56 PM
    I just had my first experience with BlackBerry service. My shopblackberry Passport camera refused to focus and it was a hardware issue. Fifteen minutes on the phone with BlackBerry and they gave me a choice of repairing my unit or replacing it. I choose replacing it. They are shipping me a brand new unit by Fedx and it should arrive in 2 to 3 business days. Once I receive the new phone I am required to ship the old one back to them in the box the new comes in and attached the prepaid shipping label.

The whole experience was great. I was not left on hold for any unreasonable amount of time and the whole process took no longer than 15 minutes. I'm very pleased that I won't be without a phone. I just have to back up the broken one and then transfer all the data and settings over to the new one.

Excellent service BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 04:44 PM
    Cool, where are you located?
    I'm in the USA. support must be directed to them through tour carrier for it to be free for you.
    zocster likes this.
    02-03-16 09:25 AM
    I have the privilege and honour to work with BlackBerry over the years on an enterprise level and have rarely been disappointed and when I was, they'd go out of their way to make us happy.

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    02-03-16 09:36 PM
    I have the privilege and honour to work with BlackBerry over the years on an enterprise level and have rarely been disappointed and when I was, they'd go out of their way to make us happy.

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    You're were lucky.
    Until I figured out a way to get my case escalated to tier 2, I can't remember when I had to put up such incompetent idiots like BlackBerry's tier 1 tech support.
    Every time I see the title of this thread I want to strangle the OP, it was that mind numbingly stupid.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 02:11 PM
    Give us the name of some companies where you had a consistently positive tier 1 tech support experience.
    03-15-16 01:02 AM
    Apple.
    Their tech support has consistently been second to none.
    Over the last 12 years, I've rarely had problems with their products, but, when I have or I needed help, they were stellar.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-15-16 12:03 PM
    Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say.
    03-16-16 12:53 AM
    Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say.
    Because Apple is consistently among the highest rated companies (often at the top) in any survey of customer satisfaction?
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-18-16 11:20 AM
    BlackBerry customer support was good to meet too. Once via a carrier referral and once directly.

I suppose it's all in what you are asking and your level of patience. I was not looking for an immediate fix because I suspected the problems were complex. They were.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 12:57 PM