Why does RIM think we all care about gaming on BB10? I don't know many people at all on iPhones and Android who cares about mobile games, even teenagers don't.

What made BlackBerry popular is communication & BBM. All keep hearing is gaming this, gaming that from RIM.

Let me find the appropiate youtube video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0
    07-12-12 08:19 AM
    Cool story bro.
    But they're trying to appeal to a larger audience. You arent their only target with BB10.
    07-12-12 08:21 AM
    Damn, someone forgot to tell them it's all about YOU...*tsk*tsk*tsk*smfh

Gaming and media consumption are 2 prominent consumer areas where BlackBerry has traditionally come up short. They are simply spreading the word that they can compete handily in them with BB10. It's all part of the package, and you need to pay more attention to the "boring" articles that talk about integration, messaging, productivity, and enterprise functionality if that's what floats your boat.
    07-12-12 08:26 AM
    stop focusing on the gaming, start focusing on making app world/music store/video store one account!
    07-12-12 08:31 AM
    but seriously....without the games, what would we do all day?
    07-12-12 08:31 AM
    Why does RIM think we all care about gaming on BB10? I don't know many people at all on iPhones and Android who cares about mobile games, even teenagers don't.
    Well, not going to speak for others, but I've little use for gaming on what primarily serves as a small communicator. If I want gaming, that's what I've got my Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, and Playbook - and even a couple of console systems we rarely use.
    07-12-12 08:32 AM
    You say that, but you still play online poker on your phone, don't you? haha
    07-12-12 08:40 AM
    Personally, my preferences are the same -- the only gaming I do on my phone is the 2-minute time-wasters, and even that I do very little of. I can't speak for all of us, but I think there are presently more BB users like us than not. But there's a growing demand for mobile gaming out there, and RIM just wants to be sure they don't miss that segment with BB10. It will definitely kick up the coolness factor that has eluded BB's lately.
    07-12-12 08:49 AM
    Well with the first sdk and or ndk gaming was one of the few things that could shine. Now the tools for better apps are out but still need work and the OS to get finished. I think much better apps will be coming when cascades can be used.

I don't game much but at least games were giving something good to those who want them.
    07-12-12 08:51 AM
    I guess it comes down to the same thing as the Skype / Netflix discussion...

I don't care about Netflix on my phone, but that doesn't mean it doesn't appeal to others and the idea with BB10 is to appeal to the largest possible audience so people stop saying: "BlackBerry can't do this" and "BlackBerry can't do that"

I practically never play games on my phone anymore... that's why I've got a Playbook

Si.
    07-12-12 09:02 AM
    It's just more of the confused messaging from RIM - for five minutes, Heins will talk about how they will have a laser-like focus and will return to concentrating on premium enterprise customers rather than being all things to all people and in the next he will talk at length about how cool BB10 is for gaming.
    07-12-12 09:14 AM
    what do you expect, if he says theyre focused on enterprise he gets shot down by the consumers, if he says hes focusing on consumers the enterprise b*tches away...its lose lose for them, no matter what they say people will talk sh*t, i think theyre honestly better just keeping theyre mouths shut, heads down, and putting bb10 out as early in q1 2013 as possible.
    07-12-12 09:17 AM
    07-12-12 09:23 AM
    Why does RIM think we all care about gaming on BB10?
    I don't think RIM is under any assumption that all 80 million of their current subscribers cares about gaming. But when a competing platform is activating 1 million devices per day, and thus each quarter more than matches and exceeds RIM's entire subscriber base... that's what RIM cares about.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 07-12-12 at 09:31 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-12-12 09:28 AM
    but seriously....without the games, what would we do all day?
    Work at our jobs maybe.
    07-12-12 09:28 AM
    While I could really care less about mobile phone gaming,
    GAMES push technology, games really test the limits of what you've put together, and show off the quality of your overall system.

to say games are unimportant is silly, look at Angry Birds, that franchise has evolved from a silly time killer game, to having toys, books, candy, all sorts of merchandise. The power of gaming on a platform and it being readily available matters.

I want better communication controls and tools, that is what I care about. but if I'm going to give my 10yr old niece a phone, I'd be looking for one that had the games she wants to play on it.
    I purchased Angry Birds, and Monopoly for her PlayBook before even giving her the PlayBook.
    07-12-12 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD