The difference between premium and select is "in addition to Unlimited Messaging, enjoy VZ Navigator, Mobile Email and V CAST Vpak, plus Unlimited Megabytes for Mobile Web and Get It Now/Media Center "

but all that **** I cant even use on a blackberry. I might as well just get the select because I am already paying $27.59 for each blackberry line for data.
    11-14-08 03:24 PM
    The difference between premium and select is "in addition to Unlimited Messaging, enjoy VZ Navigator, Mobile Email and V CAST Vpak, plus Unlimited Megabytes for Mobile Web and Get It Now/Media Center "

but all that **** I cant even use on a blackberry. I might as well just get the select because I am already paying $27.59 for each blackberry line for data.
    excatly. and you could not stay on a premium plan with a BlackBerry anyway so you are headed in the right direction, my friend!

The VZN is an additional 9.99 a month however.
    11-14-08 03:25 PM
    I suspect I am on a premium plan because I have one POS flip phone on my line. And its not even being used... So I'm paying all this for nothing.

this is some good news.

Thanks!
    11-14-08 03:27 PM
    Where? Where? Oh where is this beautiful information posted!!!???!?!?!?!?
    I saw it posted on Crackberry
    11-14-08 03:35 PM
    Actually you can get your corporate email with just the $29.99 BIS plan, unless you have the need for BES specifically. BIS works with POP/IMAP/OWA conduits. The $44.99 plan is only needed if you must have BES functionality.
    Yep, I will need the Exchange funtionality. All of my team works remotely and timely response to emails is sometimes needed. That I did confirm.
    11-14-08 03:37 PM
    OK, I got an answer more in line to what's been talked about here. Starting to make more sense. Currently, I have the 2100 minute Premium plan w/VZnav included for $179.99 (2-lines) plus am using Remo-Sync to get my exchange email.

What I would need to do is go to the 2100 minute Select plan for $139.99 plus the $44.99 for the data for the Blackberry to get my exchange email and $9.99 for VZNav.

So before, where I thought I was adding on the $44.99 and removing the Remo-Sync at $9.99 to total roughly $224.98, now I'll be on the Select plan at $139.99 +$44.99 for data and $9.99 for VZNav to total $194.97 for a savings of $30.01. Not a bad deal and I still come out on top.

Does that make sense?
    11-14-08 03:52 PM
    It has been posted in a few places that Verizon WILL NOT be disabling the GPS for 3rd party software like GMaps
    I was about to say the same beat me to it. But this is a first for Verizon, I was surprised they didn't lock that feature.
    11-14-08 04:19 PM
    OK, I got an answer more in line to what's been talked about here. Starting to make more sense. Currently, I have the 2100 minute Premium plan w/VZnav included for $179.99 (2-lines) plus am using Remo-Sync to get my exchange email.

What I would need to do is go to the 2100 minute Select plan for $139.99 plus the $44.99 for the data for the Blackberry to get my exchange email and $9.99 for VZNav.

So before, where I thought I was adding on the $44.99 and removing the Remo-Sync at $9.99 to total roughly $224.98, now I'll be on the Select plan at $139.99 +$44.99 for data and $9.99 for VZNav to total $194.97 for a savings of $30.01. Not a bad deal and I still come out on top.

Does that make sense?
    As long as your other line doesn't need the Premium plan features.
    11-14-08 04:25 PM
    Yep, I will need the Exchange funtionality. All of my team works remotely and timely response to emails is sometimes needed. That I did confirm.
    You still don't get it. Just because you have Exchange doesn't mean you need BES. You only need BES support if your company has a BES (RIM - Blackberry Enterprise Server) server. If you don't, you're wasting money on BES dataplan. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm basing this on the fact that you never mentioned if your company actually has a BES server, just Exchange.
    11-14-08 05:13 PM
    You still don't get it. Just because you have Exchange doesn't mean you need BES. You only need BES support if your company has a BES (RIM - Blackberry Enterprise Server) server. If you don't, you're wasting money on BES dataplan. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm basing this on the fact that you never mentioned if your company actually has a BES server, just Exchange.
    Yes we do. My apologies if I didn't make that clear. I was just thinking that it was understood if I implied it. My bad.
    11-14-08 05:37 PM
    Really? I've been quoted several times from reps that I wouldn't have to change plans. Just that I would have to add the $44.99 data plan so that I can get my corporate emails.
    You're correct, they just add that to your plan. If it's currnt plan you have and don't want to change they just add their slightly lower price onto your currnt plan which is $44.98.
    11-14-08 05:37 PM
    @ JRSCCivic98

So, GPS on Storm is unlocked?
    12-15-08 11:44 AM
    I'm liking the vz nav so far, its pretty much the same as my garmin in my car
    12-15-08 11:57 AM
    @ JRSCCivic98

So, GPS on Storm is unlocked?
    Yes. The GPS is unlocked. This has been known since launch.
    12-15-08 12:08 PM
    I just bought Garmin Mobile for the Storm.

At first, it took a while to find the satellites and it looked like my car was floating around and wasn't very accurate.

But once it found the satellites and showed a good connection it was pretty much spot on. It was SLIGHTLY laggy at times. Like I would pass 53rd Street for example and then 1-2 seconds later it would show me passing that street. But I was impressed all in all.

I've used three different Garmin models in the past and thought that this was a pretty impressive program.
    12-15-08 12:56 PM
    I'm liking the vz nav so far, its pretty much the same as my garmin in my car
    If you like Garmin - they have a program for the Storm - $80 for the life of the device.
    They offer a 7-day trial.
    12-15-08 04:26 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD