I've wanted the 8900 since the pre-release images starting popping up, but alas... I was with the wrong carrier, and with my cancellation charges adding up to over $440, I could not afford to pay those plus the price of the phone.

Then, on Saturday, I decided to just do a bit of research: How much could I get for my year-old 8330? It literally had no scratches on it (not one!!), and I included all the accessories I had accumulated over the past year.

The real decision though came from my discovery that Telus had finally released an official version of OS 4.5, which is probably old news around here but I'm not on the BB scene much anymore, so it as news to me. Unfortunately they released 4.5.0.77, which is what I had anyway. Sad I was. Oh and my GPS never ever worked.

So I put my phone up for sale of Kijiji, and hours later someone wanted to come get it RIGHT AWAY... My cancellation fees at this point were down to $380 (actually thinking about it now I think there's a minimum charge of $400 for Telus regardless). 8900 was $225 on a 3-year.

Being crazy, I told the buyer he would have to give me time to get a new phone, and then he could come pick it up. We agreed on $250.

I didn't like the 8900 at first. I was sad to relinquish my 8330 into the hands of someone who had dropped his HTC Touch into a pool.

BUT now I'm completely in love with it. It's so speedy and the trackball is smooth and silent. The screen is beautiful. Still, I can't believe I switched from Telus to Rogers. I've been with Telus almost all my life. I also can't believe I changed phones again! This makes five phones in 2.5 years...

Oh, and GPS doesn't work on this phone either.... Any ideas on how to fix that?
    05-26-09 07:17 PM
    I am not as tech savy as most on here and you might already know this, but have you tried refreshing your GPS location? Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 07:30 PM
    That's it? 5?

I have had at least 15 different devices in the past year.

I have a problem
    05-26-09 07:39 PM
    That's it? 5?

I have had at least 15 different devices in the past year.

I have a problem
    WOW!
    I couldn't reasonably spend that much money on a regular basis...
    05-26-09 08:03 PM
    You changed clothes only 5 times in last 2.5 years? Oh my, my : )
    05-26-09 08:08 PM
    You changed clothes only 5 times in last 2.5 years? Oh my, my : )
    Well, I can't reasonably spend that much time on laundry regularly either... I am a busy busy person.
    05-26-09 08:09 PM
    Actually I finally fixed the GPS issue... Refresh GPS, reset handset... it works now!

Before I was getting a "Data Not Available" error.
    05-26-09 08:44 PM
    Well, I can't reasonably spend that much time on laundry regularly either... I am a busy busy person.
    Have fun with your 8900. Great device!
    05-26-09 10:30 PM
    Yes, I am a Cell w.**.re. as well.
    I only use to upgrade yearly now it seems monthly.
    A brief history....
    For the past year I have gone through more cell phones than anyone can imagine.
    1. I had Cellular one / Mc Caw / AT&T for 10 years - nothing after leaving
    2. Switched to Voicestream for a short period( less than a year) - Nothing after leaving
    3. Had Qwest for a few years - offered $100 credit
    4. Verizon for a year - Nothing after leaving
    5. T-Mobile for 5 years - Nothing after leaving
    The past year….
    6. AT&T 6 months , I came for the iPhone 3G - Nothing after leaving (pd ETF $ 150)
    7. Verizon 5 months, I came for the Storm - (paid $175 ETF) Just got an offer from CS for $150 credit and free activation if I come back
    8. AT&T for 4 days, I came for the Bold, DOA, Cs said I had to wait at least 2 weeks for a new one since they had no stock (according to the guy on the phone) left, I asked if I could just go to the store and pick one up and they said no, since my purchase was through AT&T.com - I left and just got an offer to comeback, free activation and a free (new not refurb) Bold.
    9. T-Mobile (currently)
    10. AT&T – if the new iPhone will be on par with BB with email
    Verizon – If the Storm performs better than the first gen.

or????

BOLD, STORM 2 or iPhone 3G OS3 or the PRE ???????
    05-26-09 11:51 PM
    Yes, I am a Cell w.**.re. as well.
    I only use to upgrade yearly now it seems monthly.
    A brief history....
    For the past year I have gone through more cell phones than anyone can imagine.
    1. I had Cellular one / Mc Caw / AT&T for 10 years - nothing after leaving
    2. Switched to Voicestream for a short period( less than a year) - Nothing after leaving
    3. Had Qwest for a few years - offered $100 credit
    4. Verizon for a year - Nothing after leaving
    5. T-Mobile for 5 years - Nothing after leaving
    The past year�.
    6. AT&T 6 months , I came for the iPhone 3G - Nothing after leaving (pd ETF $ 150)
    7. Verizon 5 months, I came for the Storm - (paid $175 ETF) Just got an offer from CS for $150 credit and free activation if I come back
    8. AT&T for 4 days, I came for the Bold, DOA, Cs said I had to wait at least 2 weeks for a new one since they had no stock (according to the guy on the phone) left, I asked if I could just go to the store and pick one up and they said no, since my purchase was through AT&T.com - I left and just got an offer to comeback, free activation and a free (new not refurb) Bold.
    9. T-Mobile (currently)
    10. AT&T � if the new iPhone will be on par with BB with email
    Verizon � If the Storm performs better than the first gen.

or????

BOLD, STORM 2 or iPhone 3G OS3 or the PRE ???????
    hot damn that is a ton of devices hahahaha yeah I've been through some phones too but not that many

Had a Sony Ericsson S500i sold that to get iPod Touch then sold that to get original iPhone which I unlocked and jailbreaked to sell for 3G iPhone finally ended up selling that to a friend to get my wonderful Bold now I want an 8900 in addition to my Bold lol
    05-27-09 12:39 AM
    Let's see... the past year or so in no particular order.

Some Nokia phone
    Motorola Razr (too many to count)
    Motorola Krzr
    Motorola Slvr (couple of these)
    BlackJack II ( few of these)
    Red Curve 8310 (Had at least 5 of these)
    Motorola Z9 (couple of these)
    HTC Tilt
    Blackberry Pearl ( a few of these )
    Blackberry Bold ( at least 5 )
    Blackberry Curve 8900 ( couple of these )
    iPhone 2g ( couple of these )
    iPhone 3g
    Motorola Q9h
    HTC Fuze
    HTC Touch HD
    Nokia N90
    Nokia N95
    HTC Dream aka G1

And thats all that I can remember

And all but my current 8900 I was with att, now with t-mobile
    05-27-09 06:33 AM
    Let's see... the past year or so in no particular order.

Some Nokia phone
    Motorola Razr (too many to count)
    Motorola Krzr
    Motorola Slvr (couple of these)
    BlackJack II ( few of these)
    Red Curve 8310 (Had at least 5 of these)
    Motorola Z9 (couple of these)
    HTC Tilt
    Blackberry Pearl ( a few of these )
    Blackberry Bold ( at least 5 )
    Blackberry Curve 8900 ( couple of these )
    iPhone 2g ( couple of these )
    iPhone 3g
    Motorola Q9h
    HTC Fuze
    HTC Touch HD
    Nokia N90
    Nokia N95
    HTC Dream aka G1

And thats all that I can remember

And all but my current 8900 I was with att, now with t-mobile
    LOL.. You do need help!! Stop the insanity! :P

If you can afford it all the better, but a lot of those phones you had were pure garbage

I loved this part though
    Some Nokia phone
    05-27-09 07:44 AM
    Only the moto's and the N90 were garbage IMO

The q9h was decent tho.
    05-27-09 08:02 AM
    I guess I haven't had a list that extensive in comparison!

I started out with a Mitsubishi G310 (in 1999ish) and "traded" it for Samsung something or other (2003ish) when Telus had that "give us your old Fido phone and we'll give you a phone for free." (Come to think of it, that's a crappy deal because you had to sign a 3 year contract anyway, anyone remember that?) The Samsung was a really great phone though, I used it for a year before my parents stopped paying for it.

I took a loooong pause from phones after that. When I finally got another phone in 2006, I asked the sales rep at Telus if it had a color screen! I was out of the loop to say the least. I got an LG piece of crap at that point because I didn't care, I just needed ANYTHING.

From there I bought a Nokia 6265i from a guy who accidently forgot to wipe the memory and had inappropriate videos on it...! I got a Pearl 8130, then quickly switched to the Curve 8330, and had that for a year, and now the 8900! I look forward to keeping this phone for at least 3 years now since I'm going back to school and won't be able to afford my rent if I buy phones...
    05-27-09 06:08 PM
    I buy at least 2 devices a month for the past 7 years...I know I have a problem But the good news is that I always go back to Blackberry because no other device seems to do most of what I need.
    05-27-09 08:51 PM
    hehe and I thought i'm bad for wanting to get the 8900 while my current phone is only a year old. I'm going to give it a few more days of research before I go for the phone as I can only buy it out right, sucks for being on a network that doesn't even carry the 8900..
    05-28-09 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD