Hello,

I am a new BB user and new to this site too. I recently purchased a BB9700 and was very excited about that. I use only roxio to import my music and pictures or documents as media sync does not respond for some odd reason??!!

When I want to import a movie, I use the roxio converter system to mp4 or Xilisoft software or YASA mp4 converter but I always get the same message error: "one of the following files could not be imported". I have about 3GB available on my media card and the movie is only 800MB. I tried another movie, more recent(only 1.5GB), the conversion goes well using Xilisoft or YASA but still get the same error message using Roxio as the plateform to import the movie.

I believe I do something wrong but because I am a newbie and don't know anything about IT and BB, I decided to get help through this site and I want to thank you inadvance for your suggestions and precious help.

D.
    08-02-10 01:26 PM
    Try this, from your home screen press
    Menu/Options/Memory
    Media Card Support: On
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes
    At least this is how it works on my 8330.
    If you do this you can drag and drop files directly into your media card. And you don't need to use any other software. Your pc will see your bb as an additional drive. I also have compression enabled. It seems to work better for playing larger files. Let me know how this works for you. Oh yeah, when I view the properties on my videos that play fine, they all come up as mp4's. I don't thing you need to convert. Good luck D!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 06:19 PM
    +1 for albee's post.

I always use that method and nothing else - it totally bypasses any need for syncing and 3rd party nonsense that reminds me of the excruciating iTunes experience.

It worked for my 8310 and it works for my 9700.

All I do is plug straight into the PC and the BB asked (once, before I requested it never asked me again) if I wanted to go into mass storage mode. Click yes, and then just drag all yer movies in. Just like dragging them onto a flash drive.

08-02-10 08:30 PM
    yea the easiest way is turning on mass storage mode and drag/drop.
    08-02-10 08:33 PM
    yea the easiest way is turning on mass storage mode and drag/drop.
    Plus it is about 100 times faster than using the Roxio Media Manager.

08-02-10 08:38 PM
    Plus it is about 100 times faster than using the Roxio Media Manager.

exactly. mass media storage and drag/drop is the quickest way to transfer anything to and from the phone or memory card.
    08-02-10 09:37 PM
    And if you need to convert a movie for your device, google and download format factory. That program is very easy to use to convert a movie file to mp4 or any popular format. Then drag and drop. Most experienced users do not use Roxio because it is pretty slow.

08-02-10 09:57 PM
    Try this, from your home screen press
    Menu/Options/Memory
    Media Card Support: On
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes
    At least this is how it works on my 8330.
    If you do this you can drag and drop files directly into your media card. And you don't need to use any other software. Your pc will see your bb as an additional drive. I also have compression enabled. It seems to work better for playing larger files. Let me know how this works for you. Oh yeah, when I view the properties on my videos that play fine, they all come up as mp4's. I don't thing you need to convert. Good luck D!

Hello Albee,

Thanks for your reply. I did check as you said in options and memory and everything is set the way you said and when I plug my BB directly into my PC, I can hear the sound that a new device is detected but does not show up in "my computer", I can't find it? Is it something within my PC that I have to set to be able for my PC to detect it? I just don't know how to do it? Any advices?
    Thanks again for your help.

D.
    08-02-10 10:33 PM
    And if you need to convert a movie for your device, google and download format factory. That program is very easy to use to convert a movie file to mp4 or any popular format. Then drag and drop. Most experienced users do not use Roxio because it is pretty slow.

Thanks for the tip exelant. Will do.
    08-02-10 10:39 PM
    +1 for albee's post.

I always use that method and nothing else - it totally bypasses any need for syncing and 3rd party nonsense that reminds me of the excruciating iTunes experience.

It worked for my 8310 and it works for my 9700.

All I do is plug straight into the PC and the BB asked (once, before I requested it never asked me again) if I wanted to go into mass storage mode. Click yes, and then just drag all yer movies in. Just like dragging them onto a flash drive.

Thanks man.
    08-02-10 10:41 PM
    Thanks for all your messages guys but everything is set up normally in options/memory and everything is on and when I plug directly my BB into my PC, I can hear the sound of a new device connected but I can't find it in "my computer" so I guess it is something that I have to fix within my PC in order for the BB device to be recognized and show on "my computer". My PC is running windows vista 32bit. How can I fix the issue? Once again thanks for your help and your looking forward for your suggestions.
    Cheers,

D.
    08-02-10 10:49 PM
    Your welcome d, sorry I'm late. You should be able to go to my computer and scroll down to a new drive letter, in mine it shows up as drive: E. Hover over it and Blackberry should pop up. Right click and open. From there you should see the all the folders in your media card. Let us know how it goes.
    Edit: If I wait long enough the auto play window pops up and asks "what would you like to do?" I usually scroll to the bottom and tell it to open files.

Last edited by albee 1; 08-02-10 at 11:11 PM.
    08-02-10 10:57 PM
    Make sure your mass storage is set as Albee said.

08-02-10 11:08 PM
    Hi Albee,

I have 2 hard drives C: and E: and then I have removable drives(G, I, J AND K). I have as well a CD drive H: and DVDRW drive F: When I right click on all the removable drives, it ask me to insert a disk? When I plug the BB to the computer nothing changes and no BB icon appears but a message comes up from driver software installation saying "Blackberry smartphone installed, the software for this device has been successfully installed and is ready to use". I did go into device manager to update the driver and it shows up in USB controllers under Blackberry smartphone so I guess everything is fine there. Then I have another message coming up telling me my BB could run faster and for that I need to change port from the one it is actually connected to...I don't really understand what it means so I tried to plug it into a diiferent USB port but still nothing! If the problem persists and I can't find a solution, I will have to buy a USB SD micro card reader and proceed that way like that I hope it will work but I would like to try to find out first why I can't see it despite it is recognized and driver is updated.
    Thanks very much for your time and efforts to help me resolve this issue, I really appreciate.

D.
    08-03-10 04:04 PM
    Hi Exelant,

Indeed, I did and everything is set okay.
    Here is a copy of the message Isent to Albee's reply:

I have 2 hard drives C: and E: and then I have removable drives(G, I, J AND K). I have as well a CD drive H: and DVDRW drive F: When I right click on all the removable drives, it ask me to insert a disk? When I plug the BB to the computer nothing changes and no BB icon appears but a message comes up from driver software installation saying "Blackberry smartphone installed, the software for this device has been successfully installed and is ready to use". I did go into device manager to update the driver and it shows up in USB controllers under Blackberry smartphone so I guess everything is fine there. Then I have another message coming up telling me my BB could run faster and for that I need to change port from the one it is actually connected to...I don't really understand what it means so I tried to plug it into a diiferent USB port but still nothing! If the problem persists and I can't find a solution, I will have to buy a USB SD micro card reader and proceed that way like that I hope it will work but I would like to try to find out first why I can't see it despite it is recognized and driver is updated.
    Thanks very much for your time and efforts to help me resolve this issue, I really appreciate.

Cheers,

D.
    08-03-10 04:06 PM
    Hi D, sorry your having problems. Here is another idea. Do you know how to activate Auto Play in your computer? I go to Start-My Computer-Dvd/CD Drive(D) right click, go to Properties. Select the AutoPlay tab. Check select an action to perform: choose-Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.
    Make sure it's highlighted then click on Apply. Your BB should auto open when you plug it in. Good luck!

08-03-10 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD