Hey guys ! , so i'm here to tell you guys , Even though Everyone Hate Blackberry i'm still using it , Proud of it , as well as i know everything about it , But now i'm (or we) facing this problem which is , Updating the Device ,,,,,,

Really i mean why RIM added it That way ?!
    Why these Leaks , Official , and these stuff ?! , Why don't you do it the nice way , Worldwide ? , as well why Like 5 Updates 2 months maybe ?! , Why don't RIM just do one Update that Fix MOSTLY everything ? (not gonna say everything) i mean for me as a 9900 user , I wouldn't Care about the Battery if every Update has even more issues .. For E.x : i have Downloaded 7.1.0.205 (After going into Several Errors) and thank god i've install it Successfully ,

However, yesterday my Phone Lagged and i had to do a restart (For the First Time) , so i told myself that i want to do a wipe to clean things up , Guess what ?

Blackberry Device Analyzer Disappeared just like that ,, i'm not saying that it is just that Problem !! , even the new update Bunch of people didn't see Battery Saving mode ,

i know that someone will Come and Tell me : "Just do a Re-install" , i mean i won't really Risk my Phone to Have other Errors Cause i need my Phone , i don't wanna Live in Terror ...

i'm Thanking my God that i have a Community Like you Guys , i Respect everything you guys say , But RIM should really do something about that , i'm just saying , Non of these Android , IOS , WebOS , Windows phone , Have these things , to Be Afraid to Actually Update your Device ,

RIM Should do a REAL Solid Upgrade and fix all these problems , From disappearing Features to Errors to the way i actually Update my Device ... and then after seeing the bugs and these stuff , do minor updates to the device till it becomes Stable

Hard for you RIM ? im sure you Can do it ..

So Guys .. what do you think ? i'm wrong ? Maybe ... Cause i'm still new though , Never Downloaded BBSAK even , THANKS EVERYONE
    02-24-12 07:28 AM
    Huh?
    up488 likes this.
    02-24-12 07:39 AM
    If it works properly, they have fixed OS7. Its called BB10 !

Also if RIM had 100% of their workforce working on os7 I doubt there would be bugs.

I can't really knock my 9900. The most annoying thing I've had lately is having to wait an extra 30 seconds for it to boot up. It lingers at 3/4 of the Booting bar.

I can live with that though.
    02-24-12 07:40 AM
    Huh?

Initially I thought that too.

I had to employ some brian power haha
    02-24-12 07:42 AM
    The most annoying thing I've had lately is having to wait an extra 30 seconds for it to boot up. It lingers at 3/4 of the Booting bar.

Dang it I'm not the only one that is experiencing that? I don't know what's up with it but it is aggravating.
    02-24-12 07:53 AM
    Dang it I'm not the only one that is experiencing that? I don't know what's up with it but it is aggravating.
    Ha, its only happened to me on .205. I thought it may be a bad app so I deleted recent apps which I didn't use and thought it cleared it but its came back.

Also it seems faster if I don't watch it. This must just be in my head.....a watched pot never boils etc lol.
    02-24-12 08:02 AM
    If it works properly, they have fixed OS7. Its called BB10 !

Also if RIM had 100% of their workforce working on os7 I doubt there would be bugs.

I can't really knock my 9900. The most annoying thing I've had lately is having to wait an extra 30 seconds for it to boot up. It lingers at 3/4 of the Booting bar.

BB10 isn't even here yet :S , and they didn't really say that they will Publish it to OS7 users .. Right ?

about the Boot i have the same issue , but MAN who cares if it takes 30 extra time to boot ?

i don't Restart my Device a lot , and waiting won't hurt as much as losing new features or errors , Right ?
    02-24-12 08:05 AM
    BB10 isn't even here yet :S , and they didn't really say that they will Publish it to OS7 users .. Right ?

about the Boot i have the same issue , but MAN who cares if it takes 30 extra time to boot ?

i don't Restart my Device a lot , and waiting won't hurt as much as losing new features or errors , Right ?
    Neither did I !

I care because its my bb and it shouldn't be doing it.

The first time it took about 10 minutes to reboot, now about 3 1/2. I don't want the 30 seconds to regress / exacerbate on the crucial times I need to be online.

It will hurt me if I have a trade on and need to close it.

People use their bb's for different things
    Last edited by Ben1232; 02-24-12 at 08:15 AM.
    02-24-12 08:12 AM
    Ha, its only happened to me on .205. I thought it may be a bad app so I deleted recent apps which I didn't use and thought it cleared it but its came back.

Also it seems faster if I don't watch it. This must just be in my head.....a watched pot never boils etc lol.
    Its happening to me o 7.0 v576. Its not in my head. It clearly stalls at the 3/4 spot.
    Who cares? I didn't say it really bothered me. I really don't like it because it didn't always do it. It doesn get in my way or keep me from doing anything.
    02-24-12 09:05 AM
    Its happening to me o 7.0 v576. Its not in my head. It clearly stalls at the 3/4 spot.
    Who cares? I didn't say it really bothered me. I really don't like it because it didn't always do it. It doesn get in my way or keep me from doing anything.

I know you didn't buddy. I was answering MetalxAssasinx's post.

Strange how its happening to you on a different os.

Maybe someone will see our posts and advise us. :-)
    02-24-12 09:12 AM
    Leaked is "at your own risk" stuff,
    Versions are different for each carriers (i.e services) so that there will never be a global release.

Well that's pretty much it, I guess.
    02-24-12 09:39 AM
    Leaked is "at your own risk" stuff,
    Versions are different for each carriers (i.e services) so that there will never be a global release.

Well that's pretty much it, I guess.

I know and i don't think Blaming Carriers for bad Update is a good choice , i mean what about us who have Really BAD Carriers ? , i can't Even have a Full Data Plan here !!

i just found this Really Wrong way , Beta's should be "At your Own Risk" , NOT These ones
    Even that everyone knows that Official and Leaks are Pretty much the SAME thing
    02-26-12 01:35 AM
    Initially I thought that too.

I had to employ some brian power haha
    Sorry to lol, but reading this gave me my first chuckle of the day. I'm like......"who's this Brian and what does he know".
    02-26-12 09:04 AM
    Sorry to lol, but reading this gave me my first chuckle of the day. I'm like......"who's this Brian and what does he know".

LOL, these forums need more laughter. I try to get the ball rolling.
    02-26-12 09:10 AM
    As a public service I ran the OP's post through Google Translate:

Hey guys! So I'm here to tell you that even though everyone hates BlackBerry, I'm still using it, proud of it, and I know everything about it. But now I'm facing a problem updating the device.

Why does RIM do it this way?!

Why all these "official" leaks and stuff?! Why not a single worldwide update? Why, like, five updates in two months?! Why doesn't RIM do a single, unified update to fix everything? Well, maybe not everything; As a 9900 user I don't care about updates addressing battery life if they cause other issues.

After getting several errors I have (thank god) successfully downloaded 7.1.0.205.

However, yesterday my phone was so laggy that I had to do a restart. This was so unusual that I decided to do a wipe to clean things up. Guess what happened?

BlackBerry Device Analyzer Disappeared just like that, and that's not the only problem! Many people have noticed that Battery Saving Mode was missing after the update.

I know that someone will come and tell me "just do a re-install." But I won't risk it. I'm worried about getting other errors and I really need my phone. I don't want to live in terror...

Thank God that I have a community like this, with all you knowledgeable and sexy people. I respect everything you guys say. I'm just saying that RIM really needs to fix its update process. I don't know of any Android, iOS, WebOS, or Windows Phone users who are afraid to update their device. Heck, I don't even know of any WebOS users at all!

RIM needs to offer a single, solid upgrade to fix all the outstanding BlackBerry issues, including disappearing features, error messages, and even the way I update my device. RIM can then do minor updates to address any remaining bugs.

Would it be hard for RIM? Sure, but I believe they have the expertise and resources do it.

So guys, what do you think? Am I wrong? Possibly...I'm still new after all. I've never even downloaded BBSAK!

Thank you for your time and indulgence.
    02-26-12 12:19 PM
    As a public service I ran the OP's post through Google Translate:
    Google is good but its not that good.

*no disrespect OP
    02-26-12 12:23 PM
    ok i really Feel Awkward =)) ! , sorry guys it is not my main language so yea =/ , but i still didn't find a good Solution for that ! , i'm not gonna Risk my Phone to get Error evertime i ran through an update am i ?
    02-27-12 08:48 AM
    For me i've loaded OS updates to my 9900 countless times. No error at all so far. I do a wipe with jl-cmder before any update, sometimes security wipe on the phone itself beforehand too. Backup with blackberry protect, and my BBM contacts with my BB ID. All media files on a memory card so i don't need spend time re-syncing contents. Re-download apps from appworld. I'm a little OCD about such things. Just like when i do a major update to my mac, i do a reformat first to make sure i don't carry over any junk. But like mentioned above, BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) utility.
    02-27-12 12:16 PM
    After seeing how the PlayBook works it seems that RIM understands how awful their old system of updates was. From what I've seen, updating software on the PlayBook looks nice and smooth.

English Note: Commas and periods are not interchangeable and there's no reason to put a space before a comma.
    02-27-12 04:44 PM
    Even Though i find the updates are just not as good as they should be, They All have like Weird Bugs, Like it is the First time i saw Features just Disappear from nowhere !, or Some Setting Reset just for a Soft restart !!

However i just updated my Device to 7.1.0.267 Successfully :-) !! Will see if it works fine ...
    02-28-12 07:30 AM
    For me i've loaded OS updates to my 9900 countless times. No error at all so far. I do a wipe with jl-cmder before any update, sometimes security wipe on the phone itself beforehand too. Backup with blackberry protect, and my BBM contacts with my BB ID. All media files on a memory card so i don't need spend time re-syncing contents. Re-download apps from appworld. I'm a little OCD about such things. Just like when i do a major update to my mac, i do a reformat first to make sure i don't carry over any junk. But like mentioned above, BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) utility.
    For me i don't know All these stuff, BBSAK, jl-cmder never used them never been told to use even !
    02-28-12 07:32 AM
    After seeing how the PlayBook works it seems that RIM understands how awful their old system of updates was. From what I've seen, updating software on the PlayBook looks nice and smooth.

English Note: Commas and periods are not interchangeable and there's no reason to put a space before a comma.
    Yea Playbook looks so Promising for me And thanks for the Note !
    02-28-12 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD