So I have tried a battery pull, clearing and checking voice mail, deleting messages from texts etc.. The little cassette icon still won't go away, any help on how to rid of this icon please, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 12:23 PM
    Try the host routing option or sending service books if it does not dissapear by itself.
    01-24-09 12:29 PM
    it looks like a stuck voicemail icon. leave a message on your voicemail, then go in and check your voicemails and delete them. see if that works.

i think the calendar alarm looks similiar. check to see if you have any calendar alerts or tasks set.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-24-09 at 12:35 PM.
    01-24-09 12:30 PM
    When you check the voice mail, do you save or delete the message or once hearing who it's from, hang up?

I have noticed with At&t and T-Mobile (for me anyway), if I start to listen to a new VM and just hang up, it stays as a new VM until you either listen to the full message, delete or save it.
    01-24-09 12:34 PM
    Thanks Chrisy that worked, first time I left myself a message but cool....

01-24-09 12:36 PM
    cool. glad it worked for you. it seems to be a pretty common issue and solution.
    01-24-09 12:47 PM
    I tell ya you guys are great! Had the same problem with the icon for two days and it disappeared just by me leaving myself a message and deleting! Thx Chrisy!

01-30-09 01:11 AM
    Had that problem today. thanks!!!
    01-30-09 05:56 PM
    Yay! Very cool you got it fixed!

01-30-09 05:57 PM
    Sadly this didn't work for me. Would I need to call from a landline into myself? My husband I have been trying to get it to go away for almost a week. I don't know if it has something to do with my visual voicemail or what.
    02-19-09 10:23 PM
    I dont think it needs to be a landline. I did this same thing the third day I had my phone and I called from my wifes cell. Have your tried a battery pull MrsBaugus?
    02-19-09 10:30 PM
    My daughter-in-law had that problem. To fix it, they had to totaly wipe out her voice mail and re-do it, and she also had to pull her battery and sim card and leave it out for awhile.

02-23-09 06:57 PM
    I had the same problem. They give me the option to press * to dissconnect and I find if I do that instead of just hanging up it clears.
    02-23-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD