Just got my 8330 Curve today......while Alltel did get my number switched for me, I took it from there

As I go thru the wizard, and the tutorials, it says to set up my email, to click on the Email Icon...problem is, that icon missing form my screen...Also, when I use the wizard to set up my email, it only have 2 options, "to set up work email" (where I would need an administrator password ) or to "skip this step"

Also....how in the world do I get online with this thing? I have a full data plan, but cant seem to locate a web browser icon.

Thanks for any help one can provide
    06-05-09 11:19 PM
    If you don't have a browser icon (globe) go to options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>register now and that should take care of that...
    06-05-09 11:25 PM
    this happened to my phone and when I called back in to tech support they had not set up my phone for blackberry seems it is different for pc phones, after they reset whatever I was up and running in minutes. give them a call and see if that is the problem.
    06-05-09 11:27 PM
    Thank you SOOO much for your replies

If you don't have a browser icon (globe) go to options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>register now and that should take care of that...

I tried this and once I got to the host routing table all it listed was a LONG series of Alltel numbers, with what I assume is mine being bolded and it showed a IP/Port

this happened to my phone and when I called back in to tech support they had not set up my phone for blackberry seems it is different for pc phones, after they reset whatever I was up and running in minutes. give them a call and see if that is the problem.

Do you mean tech support for your carrier or Blackberry support?
    06-05-09 11:35 PM
    Thank you SOOO much for your replies

I tried this and once I got to the host routing table all it listed was a LONG series of Alltel numbers, with what I assume is mine being bolded and it showed a IP/Port
    Once you get there hit the menu(bb button) and register now...
    06-05-09 11:37 PM
    Are you online? When i switched to Rogers, I had to call THEIR tech support to get the thing online.. apparently it can take awhile for a new activation to register online, so you may have to call them to get things going.
    06-05-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD