I have a problem deleting the backup file .ipd

I set the whole drive with administrator permission. The file setting is set to full control by administrator.

Why can't I delete the file?
    09-13-08 06:44 PM
    The files are not locked, I have been deleting them regularly.

Nothing beats a restart for clearing up strange Windows problems.
    09-13-08 06:52 PM
    I have a problem deleting the backup file .ipd

I set the whole drive with administrator permission. The file setting is set to full control by administrator.

Why can't I delete the file?
    By default, the user that was logged in when the backup was created will have rights. You may have to use the advanced radio button and take control of the file and check the effective permissions.

H.
    09-13-08 07:05 PM
    I had the same problem as well, it came up after I reformatted. I tried everything to get back permissions but nothing worked. Even windows safe mode wouldn't allow me to delete the files.

As a last resort I booted into window's recovery mode (i have windows 7), went into command prompt and deleted the files by using the del command.
    02-27-10 12:41 AM
    I'm running Vista on a new computer, I restored the .ipd files from an Acronis image and now I can't move, delete, etc. ??? nor can I use them with DM, it refuses me access. I've tried safe mode, rebooting, booting into the 'real' administrator mode, etc. but the files appear to be stuck solid!

When I look at 'properties' I have full permissions.
    02-28-10 04:26 PM
    FIXED! I had to change permissions on each file, they showed ownership by some weird combination of letters and numbers, not a user of my PC. I can only guess that was a user ID assigned to Acronis?
    03-01-10 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD