That is the sad truth,
    BUT also the reason why Apples dominance is very fickle, the fact it is good for business rely's completely on 3rd party developer support,
    Android could topple Apple dominance, as could RIM, all it takes is the right apps.

My BlackBerry is the BEST tool for my business needs, as single hand operation is paramount when running between terminals, dragging luggage, carrying a kid, etc. The Low data use again a major advantage when traveling outside my country, and the Apps I require ARE on BlackBerry.
    That isn't to say that currently the iPhone is the best device for a Doctor, because you have a multitude of apps to make the doctors life easier, a BlackBerry's strengths don't help there.

BUT given BlackBerry's strengths, and a robust App library and easy to develop for system BlackBerry can return to being a business dominate phone for all industries, where as Apple is pretty near the top of what it can accomplish without drastically changing their focus.
    Great answer finally someone gets it. Each phone depends on the USER I have no use for a BB I am a Systems Analyst and have to deal with servers and desktops all day long. Great example was at lunch with a co-worker he was on call and the BB went off needed to check a users account in our RIS system. He looked at me and said "can you help me out?" I said no problem turned on VPN hit my desktop with FX2 (free RDP app) logged into our RIS system checked the users credentials and reactivated his account. Yes I did this on an "iToy" as some folks like to call it. It works for me whereas I could not have even come close to doing that on my work BB. Overall customer was happy issue resolved all with the iToy. Yes BB has it's place in the enterprise. But for me I need my iPhone it works.
    phonejunky likes this.
    09-23-11 12:59 PM
    I agree. Apple is going down, there's no way that they will capture the Enterprise market like RIM.
    You mean the market they are LOSING to Apple and Android?
    09-23-11 01:01 PM
    When a BB fan yells itoy and fart apps they are uneducated on what the phone can do. If given the chance they would snatch up an iPhone in a heartbeat. You see when you know you have an inferior product or envy what someone else has all most people can do is try to sling mud. It's actually become quite comical to read what the uninformed folks say here and on other threads.

My iToy does quite nicely with Citrix Receiver, Native Cisco VPN, and RDP Client so I don't have to go to a desktop to reboot or make adjustment to my Servers or Desktops.

Ask a BB User how the VPN works on their phone, or ask a PB user the same with Citirx Client.

Thats the reason among bunch of others I left BB, I had Android Devices and all the ones I had The DROID OG, Fascinate, DROIDX, Incredible...none of them could support CISCO IPSEC VPN.

Oh and one more thing when was the last time you saw a business app on the Front page of CB? All that has been shown lately is games and beer drinking stuff. Oh wait don't forget the themes.......

I love coming to this site for a good laugh, some people fall for RIMs astroturfing.
    09-23-11 01:42 PM
    Frankly, these arguments about which is better amuse me. I'm sure that the iPhone is a great platform for many people. For me, I prefer my BlackBerry because it does what I need it, and want it, to do. It really is that simple. I really could not care less whether someone may think that I'm somehow out of touch because I don't use what they use. What is important to me is having what I want, not what someone else may think I should want.
    ************************************************** ***********************************************

"It doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you." Neil Young
    Last edited by shaleem; 09-23-11 at 03:48 PM.
    09-23-11 03:36 PM
    When a BB fan yells itoy and fart apps they are uneducated on what the phone can do. If given the chance they would snatch up an iPhone in a heartbeat. You see when you know you have an inferior product or envy what someone else has all most people can do is try to sling mud. It's actually become quite comical to read what the uninformed folks say here and on other threads.

My iToy does quite nicely with Citrix Receiver, Native Cisco VPN, and RDP Client so I don't have to go to a desktop to reboot or make adjustment to my Servers or Desktops.

Ask a BB User how the VPN works on their phone, or ask a PB user the same with Citirx Client.

Thats the reason among bunch of others I left BB, I had Android Devices and all the ones I had The DROID OG, Fascinate, DROIDX, Incredible...none of them could support CISCO IPSEC VPN.

Oh and one more thing when was the last time you saw a business app on the Front page of CB? All that has been shown lately is games and beer drinking stuff. Oh wait don't forget the themes.......
    I agree with your comment about fanboys who make arguments about why one phone is superior to another. Name calling it unnecessary and only makes the fanboy look bad. What matters is having the device that works best for you. For example, for you CISCO IPSEC VPN is very important and the iPhone makes your job easier. That's great but it doesn't mean everyone should own one for that reason. At the moment the BB 9810 fulfills my needs for a device that gets my email and messages to me quickly with customizable notifications, Twitter 24/7, large touch screen with backup keyboard, removable battery, and compressed data. No amount of name calling or fanboy psychosis is going to get me to change my mind.
    09-23-11 04:17 PM
    If given the chance they would snatch up an iPhone in a heartbeat.
    Each phone depends on the USER
    So which is it?

You see when you know you have an inferior product or envy what someone else has all most people can do is try to sling mud.
    And what exactly do you call this substance you are slinging? Here on CRACKBERRY... same color and consistency as mud...
    09-23-11 05:29 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD