I am wondering why are all this non blackberry owners allowed to post in blackberry specific threads?

I am so fed up with the arguments, turning every thread into a blackberry vs iphone vs android thread.

As soon as somebody asks for a solution to a problem with his blackberry, it's not long before somebody else answers with "get a droid" or iphone etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 04:11 AM
    So make that change. As I'm sitting here looking at my gmail account which catches all the reported posts for the forums, I do not see your name attached to any of them.

If you take up such and issue with it, then why are you not reporting those who you find rude, offensive or in the wrong? You, are an individual who makes up the community, the means are there to help us as forum moderators help you. All it takes is one click, less time then what it took for you to post this thread.

We rely on you, the user...to let us know when there is an issue with post(s) so that it can be addressed accordingly. If you do nothing but make threads about how it should be improved, yet do nothing to lead the way, it'll never improve.
    05-04-10 04:53 AM
    You do realise that would take a whole day

05-04-10 04:55 AM
    You do realise that would take a whole day

Get an Incredible then, lol.
    05-04-10 05:02 AM
    My droid-iphone hybrid automatically filters that stuff out for me, with surround sound in 3D. Maybe you ought to get one of those.

J/k

I usually Just try to ignore the other device trolls.

05-04-10 05:03 AM
    At the end of the day, its an open forum and its all opinions...

Maybe, what this forum board needs is a ignore function, to block users you dont want to see comment. Unless this is inplace already, I havent checked as the said comments don't bother me..
    05-04-10 05:04 AM
    Lol, seriously, I'm not saying you should ban android owners, just keep them out of blackberry specific topics

05-04-10 05:14 AM
    At the end of the day, its an open forum and its all opinions...

Maybe, what this forum board needs is a ignore function, to block users you dont want to see comment. Unless this is inplace already, I havent checked as the said comments don't bother me..
    Already exists, but rather then actually using it..people ignore..the ignore function.

It's much easier to complain abt the problems then it is too use the tools given to prevent them, Sheeshh...everyone knows that. lol
    05-04-10 05:18 AM
    So, where do I find the ignore function? I also get tired of threads that get into personal attacks rather then answers to issues with the phone.
    05-04-10 05:25 AM
    So, where do I find the ignore function? I also get tired of threads that get into personal attacks rather then answers to issues with the phone.

Visit said users profile...

05-04-10 05:53 AM
    Hey, it gives us Berry owners something to do. People who argue against BlackBerry already know it's a superior device and are just trying to convince themselves otherwise to sooth their bruised egos.
    05-04-10 05:58 AM
    I think I've reported about 2 people in all the time I've been here.

One for being a know it all with a bad attitude and the other for being a troll

but they were both Blackberry users.

I have one person on the ignore list but it makes threads with that user in them read very oddly due to people answering the muppets posts and me not seeing what the muppet posted.
    05-04-10 06:51 AM
    I don't see a problem with it unless people are uncivil. No difference from the iPhone haters in said forum. Making comparisons and discussing features makes decision-making much easier.
    05-04-10 07:30 AM
    You could just mentally ignore also. Read it, and move RIGHT along, it's only just words on a forum!
    05-04-10 08:13 AM
    The way I see it is like this: 4 people sitting at a table discussing blackberry features, problems etc and then a 5th comes up and throws his android/iphone on the table and starts telling you how much better it is but at the same time he's wearing a T-shirt that says blackberry on the back.

05-04-10 08:59 AM
    Use the ignore feature, or unsubscribe from the thread.
    05-04-10 09:06 AM
    Imo there will always be people who like different things than you. Get used to it. I drive a ford always have always will, causes an argument with my best friend every time, the sun rises and sets with his charger. Same issue, the iphone fans will always be iphone fans. The bb fans will always be bb fans. Its the freedom and ability to choose, its just the way it is.
    05-04-10 09:21 AM
    Imo there will always be people who like different things than you. Get used to it. I drive a ford always have always will, causes an argument with my best friend every time, the sun rises and sets with his charger. Same issue, the iphone fans will always be iphone fans. The bb fans will always be bb fans. Its the freedom and ability to choose, its just the way it is.
    Nothing wrong with that mate but when I enter a blackberry discussions thread I expect to see only discussions about blackberry not android/iphone, don't you get it? I'm not saying get them off crackberry.com completely, just of the blackberry specific sections.

05-04-10 09:36 AM
    I appreciate the free forum. The info is great and I like the environment and most posters. I patronize the sponsors because I'm a business owner and want to reciprocate.

Thread titles normally help me identify this debate and I don't mind this discussion with prior notice. But, I typically leave a thread that degenerates into a BB vs. Iphone/Droid discussion as a result of hijacking. It's no sweat when this happens as that's the nature of message board posting in general.

Unfortunately this hijacking occurs very often. Wish the Iphone/Droid people would respect BB user�s loyalty and offer their input when it is appropriate. (For example, in a debate thread.) Diversity is good, but thread hijacking is aggravating.

Bla1ze, I will heed your instruction and use the tools offered.
    Thanks again.
    05-04-10 11:53 AM
    For me, I log on to CB.com pretty much every day and I check out the forums related to my device (tour) and what's doing in the bb world. I admit there is a pleathora of android, iphone, and other smartphones threads on this site. I choose to peruse the threads or not. It's my choice and no one elses. Belfast, you as well have that choice, it's a free CB nation.
    05-04-10 09:28 PM
    Sorry, but I still think it's weird that people with other makes of phones still hang at CrackBerry. Once I dumped my moto, I stopped going to the moto forum. And I sure as **** didn't going posting in the moto forum about how superior the BB was/is.
    05-04-10 09:40 PM
    Sorry, but I still think it's weird that people with other makes of phones still hang at CrackBerry. Once I dumped my moto, I stopped going to the moto forum. And I sure as **** didn't going posting in the moto forum about how superior the BB was/is.
    Newsflash buddy, not everyone is like you...

1. A lot of the people in these forums are "power users" who jump from platform to platform, device to device, carrier to carrier, to whatever strikes their fancy. Many of these people stay registered with and visit the other platform sites/forums because they are still interested in what is going on there and looking for their next device.

2. There are also plenty of people (including many of the CB staff, and yours truly) who have multiple devices on multiple platforms, so by nature we visit multiple forums.

These two are the most common but yes there are also:

1. The rabid Mac/Droid Fanboys who are insecure and need to bash BB and other platforms to make themselves feel better.
    2. Former BB users who have jumped ship and now have buyers remorse so come back to bash BB to make themselves feel better

But they are the MINORITY, and the others should not be punished because of them. As has already been said use the "ignore user" feature.
    05-04-10 10:22 PM
    Get an Incredible then, lol.
    Hahahahahahha
    05-04-10 10:37 PM
    * EDITED PROFILE AND SIG *

On and as sensitive as some people can bee it is perfectly fair to point out when the answer to their question is that they have run into a limitation of the BB platform and another platform does it bettr... sorry but no platform is perfect and even CrackBerry Kevin has an iPhone and Bla1ze just ordered an iPad...
    05-04-10 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD