As much as I like to inform people about the PlayBook when they ask, I'm ready to start giving snarky answers when people ask "Is that the iPad?" C'mon, seriously? That's the ONLY possibility that you know of in a tablet? Never noticed the size in the zillion commercials you've seen? Don't see the ONE word that is showing itself on the face of my device - BlackBerry?

I almost feel bad for Samsung. Even if they had made their product completely different, there would still be a huge percentage of the population that thought it was an iPhone...
    09-07-12 12:19 PM
    What I read in the first few of the OP. that would mean that Ford could sue Chev or GM because they have a truck that 4 wheels, a hood, a cab that are all shaped the same, or visa versa. I don't think the shape can be patented?
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-07-12 12:36 PM
    The OP is a Troll

Apple will NOT sue RIM. A 'rounded rectangle' shape is not patentable, and Apple did not patent that. Below is the 'Dress patent' Apple has.

Click to view quoted image

Samsung ran afoul of this with their Galaxy S because they trespassed on pretty much all of the qualifying criteria.
    Here's the problem right here. Most people barely make it through the first sentence. The rest is yadda, yadda, tl;dr....
    09-07-12 03:26 PM
    With a nickname like "lawlist" and an avatar with a suit and tie, I'm obviously not "stupid". I'm not sure how my comment could be considered trolling. I'll resurrect this thread when the lawsuit is filed by Apple against RIM, and I'll say: . . . .
    Rofl. Rofl. Rof-frikking-lol...

Yeah, I hear thee. Let us all judge out peers by their aliases and image portraits!

09-07-12 05:08 PM
    09-07-12 06:12 PM
    Rim is coming out with a new phone that is touch and another with a keyboard? I have a touch phone and a phone with a keyboard. Lets sue!
    diegonei likes this.
    09-07-12 06:20 PM

" Apple's genius is in a pioneering design and ultra high end security"

09-07-12 06:36 PM
    " Apple's genius is in a pioneering design and ultra high end security"

09-07-12 08:24 PM
    With a nickname like "lawlist" and an avatar with a suit and tie, I'm obviously not "stupid". I'm not sure how my comment could be considered trolling. I'll resurrect this thread when the lawsuit is filed by Apple against RIM, and I'll say: . . . .
    Imma deek in a fookin Sears suit with a fugly @ss mustache is what you'll say...p�ss off.
    vegetto_456 likes this.
    09-07-12 08:52 PM
    As much as I like to inform people about the PlayBook when they ask, I'm ready to start giving snarky answers when people ask "Is that the iPad?" C'mon, seriously? That's the ONLY possibility that you know of in a tablet? Never noticed the size in the zillion commercials you've seen? Don't see the ONE word that is showing itself on the face of my device - BlackBerry?

I almost feel bad for Samsung. Even if they had made their product completely different, there would still be a huge percentage of the population that thought it was an iPhone...
    I agree with you.
    All Americans think that all ideas and manufature all the best product in the world come from them.
    It reminds me of a New Yorker who was proud that he brought cigarettes to Jamaica, he thought everything came from New York, and couldn't get them there, lmao
    09-13-12 08:46 AM
    I agree with you.
    All Americans think that all ideas and manufature all the best product in the world come from them.
    It reminds me of a New Yorker who was proud that he brought cigarettes to Jamaica, he thought everything came from New York, and couldn't get them there, lmao
    I don't think this problem is exclusive to Americans. Regardless of where a company is based, most people know that the vast majority of electronic goods are made in Asia.
    09-13-12 04:54 PM
    is this thread still alive?
    09-13-12 05:18 PM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD