I know, another one of those 'I am not returning my Z10 threads'!

Actually this is more of my impressions, I am a new blackberry user. Never had one before, I had an Iphone, then had an Android (Nexus S) and now the new blackberry.

I have to say, this phone feels good, great screen size, easy navigation and after what I consider a small learning/adaptation curve I'm pretty happy with my new phone! Don't really care for most apps, of course I use some, but I'm the type that looks at the bigger picture rather now! now! now! Seriously, the only app I personally would like to have on it is Netflix, and I let Netflix know I want to see one soon or I will be cancelling my subscription until they do.

I'm sure there will be this or that, but the phone does what I want, it runs smoothly and I still have a lot more to configure on it!

Bottom line, this phone is pretty sweet!
    Vorkosigan, hpjrt, bb624 and 1 others like this.
    04-23-13 02:08 AM
    Welcome to new your addiction.

I've had mine for about 8 weeks and shine is still on the rose for me. I keep learning new things and 3 updates have improved the performance, usability and battery life. New apps keep coming to spark interest. I have Amazon Prime to watch movies and TV. That is an option in lieu of Netflix.
    04-23-13 05:22 AM
    If you really need apps you can do a thing called sideloading which lets you use apps from android I dont do this personally. There's quite a few people who have sideloaded netflix and other apps.If you really must have apps sideloading will help you settle in.Just search the forum for sideloading advise.

Welcome to the club have fun.
    04-23-13 05:44 AM
    How do you find your battery life to be

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-23-13 08:43 AM
    Welcome to your first BlackBerry experience!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:48 AM
    I'm NOT returning my Z10 because I haven't got it yet. And when I do get one, I will keep it because I have learned short cuts and issue fixes from the CrackBerry community. I will keep it because my research about the Z10 is that it is a great phone and communication and work tool...
    04-23-13 02:24 PM
    Welcome! I'm not returning my Z10 either. Love the phone, battery life is fine after 12-13 hours I'm at 50 percent, use gmail with no issues, call quality is fab, texting is simple and quick, calendar works, alarm works, browser os quick....the list goes on. I think the "I'm returning my Z10" threads are bs. The only way those threads could be true is bad hardware....why not replace it?
    04-23-13 04:27 PM
    Today I bought some shoes and I'm returning them. I was thinking about making a thread for it but I figured just a reply would feel just as good.
    04-23-13 04:37 PM
    Welcome to new your addiction.

I've had mine for about 8 weeks and shine is still on the rose for me. I keep learning new things and 3 updates have improved the performance, usability and battery life. New apps keep coming to spark interest. I have Amazon Prime to watch movies and TV. That is an option in lieu of Netflix.
    I, for one, would love to try amazon prime, but it isn't available in Canada.
    haven't side loaded Netflix yet though, but I hear it works ok

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:49 PM
    I shall be keeping mine also.

This is the first time I have owned a blackberry phone (a few months prior to getting it I got the 64gb PlayBook). Since the dawn of mobile phones I have always owned Nokias.

I was never really an Android fan and I have never for numerous reasons liked Apple, from Macs, iPods, iPads, phones just not for me.

I thought the Windows phone os has potential but still needs a lot of development and Microsoft really could have made a better job of it pre release. After I got windows phone it had more updates than I could keep up with and was still lacking in elements of connectivity, contacts, multiple ringtones and a fair few other features. To be fair had I not utterly hated my last Nokia I may have still been with windows os but I was unfortunate enough to own a lumia 800 and it killed what brand loyalty I had left with Nokia. So as other windows phones never grabbed my fancy and I no longer trusted Nokia I had to look elsewhere.

So here I am a Z10 owner and my honest thoughts so far? Very nice, smooth, the os flows well it has barely ever missed a note (it once glitched opening an app and wouldn't open it until a reboot but that was a rarity). It uses my Gmail and live accounts fine,integrates social networking like a dream,the hub is amazing and peek and gestures are brilliant. For a new phone and os I'm very impressed!

I also sideloaded netflix and it works fine if not a tad clunky but hey ho apps will come in time, its still new. So in short so far I am very much a happy customer
    Last edited by jcdammer; 04-23-13 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Correcting auto correct errors
    Dapper37 likes this.
    04-23-13 07:56 PM
    Welcome to the new users!
    I will not be returning my phone. I bought it in the Grey market with no warranty, so I can't. Not a chance I would anyway. I knew it.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:34 PM
    How do you find your battery life to be

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    Actually pretty happy with it, I leave blue tooth on and the battery will last more then a day. I forgot to charge in one night, or realized that I didn't until it finally died the next night. Basically plenty of juice, and for the days I use it a lot it still will last until night. By a lot I mean talking via blue tooth, streaming music to my car, surfing / app use, etc.
    04-23-13 11:35 PM