I finally jumped off the Blackberry ship. As a messaging device and a phone I don't think the BB can be beat. In all other areas I think it gets its *** kicked now days. The things that irritated me about the Blackberry Curve 8330 from Sprint was the poor rendering of emails, even with a crappy paid app, the pathetic amount and design of applications and the overall poor web browsing experience. The operating system is so out of date compared to what is out there now and their closed door policy to app development is a thorn in their side.

Another thing that is pathetic is that I got my phone when they first came out in about June of 2008, for Sprint. AT and T had their curves since about May of 2007. I looked at the new Tour and it isn't much better than the Curve...I still have to scroll all over **** to web browse on a small *** screen.

About two months ago I picked up the Iphone and really enjoyed many aspects. I took it back due to battery issues, expensive AT and T service and a few other little reasons. I just picked up an HTC HERO from Sprint and after customizing it and going through hundreds of the thousands of apps there are, I am sold on the Android system. I will miss my physical keyboard and a few other things that my BB had but thats it.

I am not saying I hate BB or that I won't ever buy another, but seriously, BB needs to pull their heads out of their asses and step up the app development and their design of new products on ALL the carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 05:49 AM
    Good luck with Android. It certainly looks like a very slick UI. I just love BB for what they do best...instant email and messaging, and since the Bold 9000 an awesome phone, too.

11-08-09 07:00 AM
    Good luck with Android. It certainly looks like a very slick UI. I just love BB for what they do best...instant email and messaging, and since the Bold 9000 an awesome phone, too.

Are you aware that 'droid and apple have pushed I.M. clients and e-mail.

11-08-09 08:13 AM
    I'm thinking of running over to Android. I'll always keep my Blackberry.

11-08-09 08:17 AM
    the Hero does have push email via two ways with Hotmail. My preference is Hotmail since I have had the same id since the 90s with Hotmail.

You have to setup a Gmail account though. This is no big deal since I wanted Google Voice also, which requires a Google mail account.

In Hotmail you setup your messages so that they are forwarded to the Gmail account. The Hero integrates nicely with all things Google. This gives push email that actually gets delivered faster than my Blackberry so far.

The other way to setup push mail is to go into the Gmail settings and enter your hotmail information for Gmail to push it to your phone. So far it has taken between 38 seconds and two minutes to get a few test emails sent to my Hotmail account and pushed to my Gmail account on the Hero .

The Heros phone is much more difficult to use compare to the BB. There are more steps and things are not as instant. I am hoping an application and the upgraded firmware will fix this.

Fortunately I don't use the phone too much.
    11-11-09 04:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD