hello cb,

I am torn with conflicting thoughts here. I am currently using a Q5. I love the OS and the keyboard and battery life. I am finding the small screen difficult after I tried switching to a Z10.

My main concerns with a mobile device is battery, emails and efficient browsing. I do a tremendous amount of emailing for work.

I also use some android apps ( not big on games but I am big on apps that need to run smoothly)

I also do a tremendous amount of internet surfing on my phone since its significantly faster then accessing a pc.

I am however in a bit of a pickle. The passport screams that it is the phone for me but I have a hard time justifying the last 200 dollars - a classic on the other hand plays to a lot of my needs but I wonder how it will work as a phone since I am constantly pushing my technology and I would want it to keep up for at least 2 years.

my options as I see them are

1)wait until passport is more affordable ( or an ultimately similar but less expensive phone comes out, pp v2 ?

2)get the classic with my carrier by paying my remaining tab and getting the classic onto a new one save 50$ . 2 years tab : /

2.a) trade in classic for passport at later date ( kijiji or maybe someone I know. Will it retain value ? )

3) wait until my little Q5 I bought on launch day in canada bites it and replace it then. ( not likely for a while - still in good shape minus scrapes and dust ingress)

as an aside - I understand that there were some good opportunities to buy a passport for less recently - but I had sudden expenses and people to support that strained my bank.

TL;DR Q5 screen tiny, love pk. passport or classic ( can't afford passport at 816 with tax) should I wait then ?

edit: curses I made a typo in the tittle

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 03:55 PM
    Get a Z30. It is 250 less than a Passport right now and with the larger screen and faster processor makes a very good Internet content phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 12:25 AM
    Get the Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:20 AM
    Considering your needs, the Passport is certainly the most suitable device. If you ask me, the price is justifiable for what you get and if you want to keep the Passport for 2 years, it is not even that much money you have to spend. I wouldn't think too long and just go for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 09:38 AM
    Considering your needs, the Passport is certainly the most suitable device. If you ask me, the price is justifiable for what you get and if you want to keep the Passport for 2 years, it is not even that much money you have to spend. I wouldn't think too long and just go for it.
    01-08-15 09:39 AM
    I bought a classic so lets see how well the device works out.

I agree with you guys that the pp would be better so maybe in a year I will make that upgrade.

-thanks,mike-

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 03:26 PM
    I bought a classic so lets see how well the device works out.

I agree with you guys that the pp would be better so maybe in a year I will make that upgrade.

-thanks,mike-

Posted via CB10
    I bought the Classic and have had it for a day. Absolutely love it. I have small hands and the Passport would be too big for me. The Classic is a beast for me already, in terms of size. Gorgeous phone.

Posted via Classic
    01-08-15 03:31 PM
    its feels like the first Fancy phone I have ever owned

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:21 PM